Talk:The Titan Awakes
Archiving old Misc section, its less lengthy... --yoko5000 22:38, June 24, 2010 (EDT)
There are five main jobs in The Titan Awakes:
- Gun/Laser: This person operates the Laser, located in the north of the room above from where the party enters, moving it into position and firing when instructed.
- Bottom Pillars: This person is responsible for preparing the bottoms of the 8 pillars. Usual tactic is to bring them down to ~10-15% health until they are needed to knock the Warforged Titan down. This party member should be relatively self sufficient as they will be in regular contact with the Warforged Titan boss and will suffer the brunt of its attacks. This is also the best person to instruct the Laser operator as to where to move the Gun.
- Bottom Crystals: Responsible for retrieving crystals from the ground floor crystal synthesizer, located in the south of the room, to power the laser. There are small Warforged mobs in this room. A good tactic is to Sneak just far enough into the room to click on the crystal synthesizer and grab a crystal.
- Top Pillars: The usual method involves taking the tops of the pillars down to zero health. The tops can be reached by taking 2 ladders in the East of the room, running around a walkway on the second level, then taking another ladder in the northwest up to the catwalk. The tops are easily hit from this vantage point. They can be taken down with ranged attacks or with certain spells, such as Disintegrate. Note that Disintegrate will not bring them to zero health, even if it looks like they have no HP left. They will need a physical ranged attack to properly "kill" them.
- Top Crystals: Basically the same job as the Bottom Crystal runner, except there are no mobs in this room. This person can collect a crystal, and run along the catwalks to the Laser.
At around 80% health, the Warforged Titan will gain shields that will make it invulerable to normal damage (melee, ranged, spellcasting, etc.) This is where the Laser and the pillars come in. The goal is to position the Titan in such a way that you can knock him over with a pillar, and hit him with the Laser while he lies prone. After a power crystal is places into the gun, the Laser operator has a limited amount of time to position and fire the Laser before losing power and requiring another crystal. ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOU HAVE POWER BEFORE TAKING DOWN A PILLAR AND ATTEMPTING A SHOT. The Titan is vulnerable to normal damage after being hit with 6 pillars (~10% health); you have 8 pillars available, which allows for two "misses". Miss more than 2 times, and it's Game Over.
MAKE SURE you are not in the path of a pillar when it is falling OR the Laser when it is being fired, or YOU WILL DIE. This includes a warning to the Bottom Pillar person: BACK AWAY after you knock down the pillar. Always face in the direction that you want the pillar to fall; in other words, have the pillar directly between you and the Titan when you are ready to take it down, so it falls in the desired direction. ALWAYS make sure the Laser is in the same 3x3 grid as the Titan before taking down the pillar (the floor tiles form "grids" that can be used to position the Laser). When he is knocked down, call to the Gun operator to FIRE and BACK AWAY from where the Laser hits. If you score a successful hit with the Laser, a DM text will show ("A blazing ruby beam strikes the Warforged Titan with tremendous force.")
Once the Titan is hit with 6 pillars/lasers, a DM text will show ("The titan's shields blink out of existence!"). It's time to finish him off! MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT HAVE A POWER CRYSTAL IN YOUR INVENTORY when you get near him in this state, or it will cause him to regen health and require more pillars to be dropped. If this happens and you have no more pillars left, Game Over.