|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
The Xorian Cipher
The temple has been turned into a conduit for Xoriat to enter the Material Plane. Orbs of pure madness roam the hallways, punishing all who touch them.
|The Xorian Cipher|
|Heroic XP:||♦4,520 ♥4,780 ♠5,040|
|Takes place in:|| The Xorian Cipher|
(inside The Path to Madness)
|NPC contact:||Gatekeeper Chulkash|
|Quest acquired in:||House Jorasco|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Chulkash, an aspirant druid of the Gatekeepers, seeks to decipher an ancient prophecy held by cultists of Xoriat in a ruined temple. Find the temple, retrieve the Xoriat Cipher, and destroy whatever plans the Xoriat cultists have set into motion.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Slay the Urdak brothers
- Slay Angarta Markud
- Slay Hound of Madness
- Acquire the Xorian Cipher
- (Optional) Find and enter the Vault (5% base XP)
- (Optional) Slay Deathfang (12% base XP)
- (Optional) Use the runes to seal the rifts (12% base XP)
- (Optional) Slay Mastark Markud (15% base XP)
- (Optional) Slay Urtyan Markud (15% base XP)
- (Optional) Slay Vault Guardian (15% base XP)
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed)
- Chaos orbs
- Collapsible floor
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Runes (optional: require CHA, INT and WIS checks)
- Requires extra player(s)/hireling(s) (mandatory: 4 pressure plates have to be stepped on simultaneously)
- Three inside the vault: Force on north (two boxes), Spikes on east, Sonic on south (two boxes)
- Three on the corridor after the puzzle. In order: Blade, Force, and Spikes
Tips and Misc
The entrance to this quest is in the small wilderness area for the quest The Path to Madness. You must first complete it then click on the altar to enter.
Higher difficulties will contain more Arcane Skeletons than lower difficulties.
Inside this quest, a lot of chaos orbs are moving around. Spawning of balls can be stopped by deactivating runes nearby. You need to deactivate the runes with Intelligence of 20-24, Wisdom of 20-22, and Charisma of 20.
You will also want a rogue with good trap skills for this quest (Disable 25 on Normal, 35 on Elite). Anytime you have one of the three keys, you can unlock a corresponding treasure chest in the treasure room. However they are guarded by two traps, two traps, and one trap respectively.
There is one, and only one shrine inside the whole quest. Whether or not your group can reach this shrine is a crucial part of your adventure here. At one point, you will have to break the group up. There are two sets of two (FOUR total) pressure-activated door locks that each requires a person to stand on it (a hireling, summoned monster, or an enemy works too). The left side will have to finish a mob-occupied puzzle which unlocks the path to the shrine, while the right side gets the three named skeleton warriors that are pretty nasty. Each side also has purple chaos blobs running around just to make it more interesting.
In the first large room, there is an altar that is in front of the portal. If turn undead is used near said altar, all undead in the room will be subjected to turn undead.(Verify please http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=299817&highlight=xorian+cipher.)
Once everyone has crossed the pressure-activated door locks on both sides, the way-blocks will reappear again and will NOT disappear until the puzzle is solved. Which means if the puzzle can't get done, no one can get to the shrine and no one can get out. So despite the side with the named skeletons is seemingly more dangerous, the puzzle room is actually the real fight. A 4-2 split (4 people for the puzzle room, 2 stay in the bottom) is recommended for Elite and/or Hard. Also, there is an INT rune inside the puzzle room.
Stay to the left when entering the NE room, and wait for everyone to enter, or you risk losing one treasure chest to get.
- Aggression bonus: 46 monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 54 monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 70 monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 6 traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Observance bonus: 1 secret door discovered +8% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 25 breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 32 breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 40 breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 6
- 1 in the treasure vault, behind the secret door
- 3 trapped and behind locked doors in the treasure vault (the doors are opened by key only)
- 1 past the trapped hallway and the collapsible floor
- 1 at the end for killing the Hound of Madness (Thaarak Hound)
- NPC rewards: Random Item
- Chaos Band - Ring: Intelligence +4, Yellow Augment Slot with Power V, Will Save -2 (Iron key room)
- Chaosgarde - Bracers: Chaos Guard, Dodge Bonus 2%, Heroism, Yellow Augment Slot, requires Lawful alignment or UMD:20 (Green key room)
- Planar Gird - Belt: Greater Heroism, Chaos Guard (Green key room)
- Reaver's Ring - Ring: Immunity to Fear, Will Save -2, Green Augment Slot - Sapphire of Heavy Fortification (Iron key room)
- Sign of Xoriat - Necklace: Shout, Spot +10, Will Save -2, Yellow Augment Slot, Required Trait: Chaotic or UMD 20 (End chest)
- Thaarak Fang - Trinket: Yellow Augment Slot - Topaz of Proof Against Poison +4, Constitution +4, Will Save -2 (End chest)
- Boneshrieker Harriers
- Boneshrieker Legionnaires
- Boneshrieker Savants
- Thaarak Hounds
- Vault Guardians - Wraith optional
- Xorian Fanatics - Drow
- Zealot of Madness - Drow
- Angarta Markud - Orange-named drow scorpion; required kill
- Corilyan Urdak - Orange-named skeleton; required kill
- Deathfang - Optional orange-named scorpion; always spawns
- Hound of Madness - Red-named hellhound; end boss
- Lornatch Urdak - Orange-named skeleton; required kill
- Mastark Markud - Optional orange-named drow scorpion; always spawns
- Sarmato Urdak - Orange-named skeleton; required kill
- Urtyan Markud - Optional orange-named drow scorpion; always spawns