|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
This Grotto is damp, dark and forbidding. Strange odors mingle with the cold sea drafts, and whispered chants echo in the distance.
|Takes place in:||The Grotto|
|NPC contact:||Jeets Shimis|
|Quest acquired in:||Shipwreck Shore|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Speak with the Cleric, Cellimas
- Follow the Cleric, Cellimas, into the cave
- Climb the ladder
- Drop through the crevice
- Find & eliminate the sahuagin guard
- Use the lever to open the gate
- Follow the adventurers deeper into the cave
- Use the lever to open the door
- Destroy the evil sahuagin
- Explore the chamber for a way out
- Find the key to the chamber exit
- Unlock the chamber exit
- Proceed to the Rest Shrine
- (Optional) Use the Rest Shrine (No XP)
- Scout ahead with the Rogue, Jeets
- Speak with the Rogue, Jeets, about the trap
- Bypass the trap
- Open the gate door
- Proceed to the rear cave
- Slay the High Priestess and her guards
- Search the treasure chest
- Look for the exit to Korthos Village
- Find the Secret Door (Use Looking Glass Icon)
- Speak with the Cleric, Cellimas
- Find the exit to Korthos Village
What to Expect
- Trap (fixed)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Blade trap on the door immediately after the rest shrine. If you can't or don't want to disarm it, you can ask the NPC Jeets to disarm if for you.
Slashing Blades Trap: Damage 1d6, Reflex DC 8 halves, Search DC 0, Disable DC 8
Tips and Misc
- At least one character on the game server must complete this quest solo in order to get into Korthos Village.
- The first character on every server has to go through the Grotto; after that, every character is given the option of skipping the The Grotto upon awakening at the beach. This effectively skips the Grotto and puts the character at the normal quest exit in snowy Korthos. You're given 850 XP, all the gear you might have looted from the chest and your choice of quest reward items that would have been offered by Cellimas.
- You'll get very slightly more xp if you don't skip it. 910 normally counting the 470 you get for Shipwreck Shore, 925 if you disabled the trap.
- Players may also, separately choose to skip the entire Snowy Korthos storyline, which will allow them to immediately group with all other players. Simply go and speak with the First Mate near the docks in order to skip the storyline and go to Stormreach. Be warned you'll this action cannot be reverted, but has no real consequence on any game play mechanics - you may still complete all the same quests. You simply miss out on a small amount of storyline.
- You can spot and search the hidden door regardless of your ability scores.
- Bonus XP:
- Tamper Bonus +5%: 1 trap disabled. (Only applies if your character disables the trap, not if Jeets does it.)
- Chests: 1
- 1 for killing the Sahuagin High Priestess
- NPC rewards: The cleric Cellimas offers you a choice of the following Starter weapons at the end of quest, or the choice is offered if you choose to skip The Grotto.
- Weapon Reward List
- Ember Great Axe - Masterwork Greataxe: Fire Touch
- Ember Heavy Mace - Masterwork Heavy Mace: Fire Touch
- Ember Longsword - Masterwork Longsword: Fire Touch
- Ember Rapier - Masterwork Rapier: Fire Touch
- Eternal Wand of Finger of Fire - Wand: Finger of Fire (1d3 +1 per caster level (max 5) single target Fire damage, CL:3, 50/rest) Wizard or Sorcerer Required, UMD:15
- Eternal Wand of Spark of Light - Wand: Spark of Light (1d3 +1 per caster level (max 5) single target Light damage, CL:3, 50/rest) Cleric or Favored Soul Required, UMD:15
- Soren's Handwraps - Handwraps: Acid Touch
The following Starter items are looted from a chest, or given if you choose to skip The Grotto.
- Offered to every character
- Class-dependent options
- Apprentice's Robe - Robe: Concentration +1, Lesser Arcane Augmentation I (For Non-Warforged Sorcerers & Wizards)
- Battleworn Chainshirt - Masterwork Chain shirt (For Non-Warforged Barbarians, Bards, Rangers & Rogues)
- Battleworn Chainmail - Masterwork Chainmail (For Non-Warforged Clerics, Fighters & Paladins)
- Battleworn Shield - Masterwork Small Steel Shield (For Bards, Clerics, Fighters & Paladins)
- Disciple's Robe - Robe: Concentration +1, Mage Armor (For Non-Warforged Monks)
- Ember Shortbow (and 100 Arrows) - Masterwork Shortbow: Fire Touch (For Barbarians, Bards, Clerics, Fighters, Rangers & Rogues)
- Initiate's Docent - Docent: Repair +3 (For All Warforged characters)
- Aging Sahuagin Warrior (1), CR: 0.50, Type: Monstrous Humanoid, AC 2, HP 14
- Sahuagin Elite Guards (2), CR: 2.00, Type: Monstrous Humanoid, AC 6
- Sahuagin Warriors (13-15), CR: 1.00, Type Monstrous Humanoid, AC 3
- Sahuagin High Priestess (1), CR: 3.00, Type: Red Named Monstrous Humanoid, AC 8