Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
This Grotto is damp, dark and forbidding. Strange odors mingle with the cold sea drafts, and whispered chants echo in the distance.
|Takes place in:||The Grotto|
|Bestowed by:||Jeets Shimis|
|NPC contact:||Jeets Shimis|
|Quest acquired in:||Shipwreck Shore|
|Base favor:||None (solo only)|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Help the Cleric, Cellimas Villuhne, in the Grotto caves.
- Speak with the Cleric, Cellimas
- Follow the Cleric, Cellimas, into the cave
- Climb the ladder
- Drop through the crevice
- Find & eliminate the sahuagin guard
- Use the lever to open the gate
- Follow the adventurers deeper into the cave
- Use the lever to open the door
- Destroy the evil sahuagin
- Explore the chamber for a way out
- Find the key to the chamber exit
- Unlock the chamber exit
- Proceed to the Rest Shrine
- (Optional) Use the Rest Shrine +0% Bonus.
- Scout ahead with the Rogue, Jeets
- Speak with the Rogue, Jeets, about the trap
- Bypass the trap
- Open the gate door
- Proceed to the rear cave
- Slay the High Priestess and her guards
- Search the treasure chest
- Look for the exit to Korthos Village
- Find the Secret Door (Use Looking Glass Icon)
- Speak with the Cleric, Cellimas
- Find the exit to Korthos Village
What to Expect
- Trap (fixed)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Blade trap on the door immediately after the rest shrine. If you can't or don't want to disarm it, you can ask the NPC Jeets to disarm if for you.
Slashing Blades Trap: Damage 1 to 6 untyped damage, Reflex DC 8 halves, Spot DC 1, Search DC 1, Disable DC 7
Tips and Misc
- This is a tutorial quest, intended to teach new players some of the very basics of the game. As such, the character (and pet, if any) will be warded by Protection from Death (don't get used to it, you only get it here[ ]).
- This quest also introduces one of the storylines and a few recurring characters.
- At least one character on the game server must complete this quest solo in order to get into Korthos Village.
- The first character on every server has to go through the Grotto; after that, every character is given the option of skipping the 'The Grotto' upon awakening at the beach. This effectively skips the Grotto and puts the character at the normal quest exit in snowy Korthos. You're given 850 XP, all the gear you might have looted from the chest and your choice of quest reward items that would have been offered by Cellimas.
- You'll get very slightly more XP if you don't skip it. 910 normally counting the 470 you get for Shipwreck Shore, 925 if you disabled the trap. You'll also get very slightly more XP if you break everything on the path before entering - an extra 60 XP
- Players may also separately choose to skip the entire Snowy Korthos storyline, which will allow them to immediately group with all other players. Simply go and speak with the First Mate near the docks in order to skip the storyline and go to Stormreach. Be warned this action cannot be reverted, but has no real consequence on any game play mechanics - you may still complete all the same quests. You simply miss out on a small amount of storyline.
- You can spot and search the hidden door regardless of your ability scores.
- If you Recall rather than using the exit, you'll wind up at the entrance to the Grotto. Cellimas will be waiting there to escort you to Korthos; Talbron will be in the camp and direct you back up the path to Cellimas; and Jeets will be back on the beach, apparently too busy looting the wreckage to talk to you.
- This quest has three unique entries to your Monster Manual. The Sahuagin Warriors are the only monster type that reappear later in other quests.
- Tamper bonus: 1
- Only applies if your character disables the trap, not if Jeets does it.
- Video Walkthrough:
- +10% Bonus. or more trap disarmed
- Chests: 1
- 1 for killing the Sahuagin High Priestess
- NPC rewards: The cleric Cellimas offers you a choice of the following weapons at the end of quest, or the choice is offered if you choose to skip The Grotto.
- Weapon Reward List
- Ember Great Axe - Greataxe:
- Ember Heavy Mace - Heavy Mace:
- Ember Longsword - Longsword:
- Ember Rapier - Rapier:
- Ember Repeating Light Crossbow - Repeating Light Crossbow:
- Ember Sickle - Sickle:
- Eternal Wand of Finger of Fire - Wand: Finger of Fire (1d4 +1 per caster level (max 5) single target Fire damage, CL:3, 50/rest) Wizard or Sorcerer Required, UMD:15
- Eternal Wand of Spark of Light - Wand: Spark of Light (1d3 +1 per caster level (max 5) single target Light damage, CL:5, 50/rest) Cleric or Favored Soul Required, UMD:15
- Soren's Handwraps - Handwraps:
Named Chest Drop
The followingitems are looted from a chest, or given if you choose to skip The Grotto.
- Offered to every character
- Class-dependent options
- Apprentice's Robe - Robe: , (For Non-Warforged Sorcerers & Wizards)
- Battleworn Chainshirt - Masterwork Chain shirt (For Non-Warforged Barbarians, Bards, Rangers & Rogues)
- Battleworn Chainmail - Masterwork Chainmail (For Non-Warforged Clerics, Fighters & Paladins)
- Battleworn Shield - Masterwork Small Steel Shield (For Bards, Clerics, Fighters & Paladins)
- Disciple's Robe - Robe: , — 1 Charges (Recharged/Day:1) (For Non-Warforged Monks)
- Ember Shortbow (and 100 Arrows) - Masterwork Shortbow: (For Barbarians, Bards, Clerics, Fighters, Rangers & Rogues)
- Initiate's Docent - Docent: (For All Warforged characters)