|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
From DDO wiki
The dark tide washes upon a lonely beach. The wind is chill and icy. Is this Xen’Drik at last?
This is the starting zone for all level 1 characters.
- Speak with the Rogue, Jeets Shimis
- Obtain a weapon from the Rogue, Jeets Shimis
- Equip Your Weapon
- Speak to the Rogue, Jeets, to find out what he wants in return
- Help the Cleric, Cellimas Villuhne, in the Grotto caves
- Breakables: Nine Crates and twelve Barrels can include:
- NPC reward: Choose one (all are Starter, rusty/moldy versions which do one point less damage than regular versions)
 Tips & Miscellaneous
- If you have at least one character on this server who has completed The Grotto, your future characters have the option to skip the Korthos storyline when they talk to Jeets. If you select this option, your character starts on the "sunny side" of Korthos Village with a choice of weaponry given by Cellimas at the end of The Grotto. You also get 850 XP.
- Sunny side means you can freely travel between Korthos and Stormreach via the harbor and all the quests are optional. If you do not skip the Korthos storyline, you will be transported to the "snowy side" of Korthos Village once you complete The Grotto. If you talk with Valeria Sinderwind (First Mate of the Sojourner) at any time, you can skip the Korthos storyline and travel to Stormreach. Characters on the snowy side of Korthos cannot interact with characters on the sunny side, and vice versa.
- You get 470 XP for completing this quest. The XP is awarded when you complete The Grotto. You do not receive any bonus XP for smashing breakables. This XP is also awarded if you choose to skip the Grotto (and the Korthos Storyline) when you first speak to Jeets.
- Barrels and Crates have a very good chance to drop coins or Starter healing potions, to reset those breakables, you can either enter and leave the Grotto, or logout and relog in, BEFORE solving the quest.
- As of Update 11, Talbron will lead you personally to the Grotto instead of staying behind with Jeets.