The Monster Manual is a in-game catalog of monsters you have slain.
It is organized into Volumes, and each volume provides access to several monster types. All Volumes are free to VIP. Premium players may purchase each Volume after Volume 1 individually, though Volume 1 is free to them.
See this page for detailed information for each monster type from the Monster Manual.
|Prologue||Update 15||Free||1 creature companion: Spider|
|I||Update 15||Free to VIP and Premium|| 2 creature companions: Bat, Rust Monster |
15+35 TP + Medium Jewel of Fortune for each type
|II||Update 15||Free to VIP|| 2 creature companions: Earth Elemental, Wraith |
15+35 TP + Medium Jewel of Fortune for each type
|III||Update 17||Free to VIP|| 2 creature companions: Beholder, Fire Elemental |
1+3 Astral Shards for each type
|IV||Update 25||Free to VIP||unknown|
Each monster type has Character Deeds, Account Deeds, and Mastery Rewards associated with it. Once you have killed your first monster of that type, you are able to view all of the potential rewards for that Monster.
 Character Deeds
Character Deeds must be accomplished by that character.
- Character deeds are currently all a progressively increasing XP reward.
- Some rewards are based on kills, much like a slayer for an individual monster. Others, known as "hunter" rewards, are based on finding new unique monster sub types.
- Much like wilderness slayers, the totals are for individual and party.
- The total counts towards your reward, but the Manual lists both if you are interested.
 Account Deeds
Account Deeds are a total for all your characters on that server.
- Earning account deeds are based on alternating slayer and hunter accomplishments.
- Rewards range from unlocking lore text and 3.5/4.0 PnP art, to 15 TP, 35 TP, or a Medium Jewel of Fortune.
- An issue with the highest TP reward not showing was fixed U15.1.
- The Prologue monsters do not have TP or the jewel of fortune as a reward.
 Mastery Rewards
Mastery Rewards are earned by a combination of total Character and Account Deeds.
- There are currently two types of rewards for mastery, which are earned by completing a certain number of account deeds.
- All monsters have the reward of being able to view the current and total HP for all sub types of that monster.
- Certain monsters in the manuals can reward a creature companion of that monster, for example the prologue spider entry will reward a spider companion. You must earn all account deeds to unlock the companion.
 Monsters by Type and Volume
The following entries in the table that have a pastel blue background are based on research done on Lamannia and have not been verified yet on the live servers. Please remove the background color if you and verify. Thank you.
|Type||Monster||Volume||Maximum individual "hunter" reward||Maximum account "hunter" reward †||Maximum individual "slayer" reward||Maximum account "slayer" reward|
|Player Races||Human||Prologue||125||100 (240)||6,250||3,500|
|Monstrous Humanoid||Sahuagin||Prologue||24||36 (40)||3,500||2,000|
|Aberration||Rust Monster *||Volume 1||14||20 (24)||1,750||3,500|
|Animal||Bat||Volume 1||7||10 (10)||1,750||3,500|
|Giant||Troll||Volume 1||42||62 (60)||3,500||7,000|
|Humanoid||Bugbear||Volume 1||20||30 (36)||3,500||7,000|
|Humanoid||Hobgoblin||Volume 1||50||65 (73)||3,500||7,000|
|Humanoid||Kobold||Volume 1||54||72 (81)||6,250||12,000|
|Humanoid||Troglodyte||Volume 1||51||68 (62)||3,500||7,000|
|Player Races||Halfling||Volume 1||27||40 (20)||1,750||3,500|
|Undead||Zombie||Volume 1||51||68 (52)||6,250||12,000|
|Vermin||Scorpion||Volume 1||30||45 (44)||3,500||7,000|
|Animal||Wolf||Volume 2||20||30 (32)||1,750||3,500|
|Elemental||Earth Elemental *||Volume 2||16||24 (30)||3,500||7,000|
|Elemental||Mephit||Volume 2||35||50 (45)||3,500||7,000|
|Misc||Ooze||Volume 2||14||20 (23)||3,500||7,000|
|Monstrous Humanoid||Gargoyle||Volume 2||8||12 (12)||3,500||7,000|
|Monstrous Humanoid||Minotaur||Volume 2||25||35 (38)||3,500||7,000|
|Player Races||Elf||Volume 2||45||55 (38)||1,750||3,500|
|Player Races||Warforged||Volume 2||45||60 (48)||3,500||7,000|
|Undead||Ghoul||Volume 2||3||4 (4)||1,750||3,500|
|Undead||Wraith *||Volume 2||20||30 (28)||3,500||7,000|
|Aberration||Beholder *||Volume 3||18||- (39)||1,200||1,600|
|Construct||Flesh Golem||Volume 3||4||- (9)||600||800|
|Elemental||Fire Elemental *||Volume 3||16||- (17)||1,200||1,600|
|Giant||Hill Giant||Volume 3||15||- (25)||1,200||1,600|
|Magical Beast||Fiendish Lion||Volume 3||10||- (13)||1,200||1,600|
|Outsider||Hezrou||Volume 3||5||- (8)||600||800|
|Outsider||Orthon||Volume 3||19||- (24)||1,800||2,400|
|Outsider||Rakshasa||Volume 3||15||- (17)||1,800||2,400|
|Player Races||Dwarf||Volume 3||60||- (79)||1,200||1,600|
|Undead||Ghast||Volume 3||4||- (4)||1,200||1,600|
|Aberration||Mind Flayer||Volume 4||24||- (23)||1,200||1,600|
|Animal||Lion||Volume 4||10||- (11)||600||800|
|Construct||Clay Golem||Volume 4||5||- (4)||600||800|
|Construct||Stone Golem||Volume 4||5||- (4)||600||800|
|Elemental||Air Elemental||Volume 4||15||- (14)||1,200||1,600|
|Humanoid||Orc||Volume 4||50||- (51)||3,500||7,000|
|Outsider||Abishai||Volume 4||10||- (4)||1,200||1,600|
|Outsider||Efreet||Volume 4||10||- (11)||600||800|
|Outsider||Horned Devil||Volume 4||15||- (10)||1,200||1,600|
|Undead||Mummy||Volume 4||40||- (31)||1,200||1,600|
* Can award a creature companion
† (##) is the number currently listed on wiki --
 Volume IV on Lamannia
|This section contains information gathered on the Lamannia preview server, it might not be changed before being available on the live servers.|
Fourth volume of Monster Manual is planned for Update 25 and contains the following monsters: Mindflayers, Lions, Efreet, Mummies, Horned Devils, Abashai, Air Elemental, Clay Golem, Stone Golem, Orc.
This is the last Monster Manual edition to feature Astral Shards – the next edition of Monster Manual will offer a different type of reward!