|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
This crude river fort is the base for the Grul orc tribe's recent attacks on Stormreach.
|Heroic XP:||♣444 ♦868 ♥932 ♠996|
|Takes place in:||Grul Tribe Outpost|
|NPC contact:||Pearl Drumling|
|Quest acquired in:||The Harbor|
|Patron:||The Free Agents|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Orcs from the Grul tribe have taken Lady Azdel and her bodyguards captive. Travel to the Grul tribe outpost to the east of the Cerulean Hills and free the captives.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Find the entrance to the orc outpost
- Free Lady Azdel and her two bodyguards
- Slay Gravnok, the orc commander
- (Optional) Kill Captain Guldag (15% of base XP)
- (Optional) Kill Captain Maknul (15% of base XP)
- (Optional) Kill Captain Parnash (20% of base XP)
- (Optional) Kill Captain Griznuk (20% of base XP)
- (Optional) Kill Oozo (15% of base XP)
Tips and Misc
- The river is full of hidden orc scouts; between their stealth and the foliage, it can be difficult to find them, even when they start shooting at you. Don't allow the ranging units to lure you into a bigger fight than you want.
- If you have feather fall you can avoid the fights on the bridge, just jump north once you zone in.
- There's an additional set of shrines which doesn't appear on the map (possibly new in Update 3; appears in Hard, but not Normal) in the river, on the second island. The shrine at the end, on the main island, is in the big tent.
- If you free Lady Azdel and her guards, Termon and Milni, they will help with the fight. The guards are on the eastern and northwestern sides of the island, whilst Lady Azdel herself is on the southwestern end. They all appear to be Sorcerers or Wizards, and you can buff them; however, they only self-buff. They also can't die; if they're knocked out, speak to them and tell them to "Get up and fight!" after which they'll stumble back to their feet in a moment and keep fighting, close to full health again. They appear to be level 5/6, as they cast several 3rd-level spells, such as Bear's Endurance, Blur, Haste, Heroism, and Fireball.
- Oozo may appear near the beginning, under the shorter bridge.
- Captain Guldag may appear on the first island in the river.
- Captain Griznuk may appear near the first shrine.
- Captain Maknul may appear just past the second gate.
- Captain Parnash may appear a little farther on, where the river turns north.
- Bonus XP
- Aggression bonus: 40 monsters killed
- Onslaught bonus: 52 monsters killed
- Conquest bonus: 64 monsters killed
- Mischief bonus: 16 breakables smashed
- Vandal bonus: 21 breakables smashed
- Ransack bonus: 26 breakables smashed
- Chests: 1 - 6
- 1 optional chest for killing Oozo (Ooze, doesn't always spawn, found near the beginning, under the shorter bridge)
- 1 optional chest for killing Guldag (Orc, doesn't always spawn, found on the first island in the river)
- 1 optional chest for killing Griznuk (Orc, doesn't always spawn, found near the first shrine)
- 1 optional chest for killing Maknul (Orc, doesn't always spawn, found just past the second gate)
- 1 optional chest for killing Parnash (Orc, doesn't always spawn, found a little farther past the second gate, where the river turns north)
- 1 end chest for killing Gravnok (Orc)
- Collectables: Three
- Rubble by the waterfall, behind Oozo
- Rubble in the northeast corner of the river, across from the third gate
- Adventurer's Pack in the southeast corner of the island, behind the large tent
- NPC rewards: Random items including +1 weapons and armors
- Gravnok's Band - Ring: Lesser Fire Resistance, Resistance Save +2, Lesser Cold Resistance [ML:2] (End Chest)
- Ooze Guard - +2 Large Shield: Blinding Flash, Everbright [ML:2, BTC] (Ozoo's Chest)
- Tattered Gloves - Gloves: Power II, Lesser Fire Lore [ML:2] (End Chest)
- Weeping Handwraps - +2 Handwraps: Screaming, Red Augment Slot [ML:2, BTC] (Captain Guldag's Chest)
- Gravnok <Grul Commander> - red-named Orc Warrior; always spawns
- Griznuk <Grul Captain> - optional orange-named Orc Scout
- Guldag <Grul Captain> - optional orange-named Orc Barbarian
- Maknul <Grul Captain> - optional orange-named Orc Warrior
- Oozo - optional orange-named Gray Ooze
- Parnash <Grul Captain> - optional orange-named Orc Wizard