Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking the edit
If you can verify that all the information on this page has been updated correctly, please edit this page and remove this template. (May 2017)Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
The Cannith Manufactury has been overrun both with warforged loyal to the Lord of Blades and with rogue House Cannith elements loyal to Toven d'Cannith. Lena d'Cannith wants you to retrieve the master Manufactury Schematics that contain the security overrides needed to lock down the area. Head to the Syrania Conduit Floor inside the Cannith Manufactury and then search for the schematics.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Reach the Schematics Room and retrieve the Manufactury Plans
- Find out the current situation
- Find a way past the security door
- (Optional) Gain the confidence of the Cannith guards +10% Bonus.( ♣618 ♦1,067 ♥1,105 ♠1,142 )
- (Optional) Slay Whitefang +25% Bonus.( ♣1,544 ♦2,667 ♥2,762 ♠2,856 )
- (Optional) Defeat the <Master of the Hounds> +25% Bonus.( ♣1,544 ♦2,667 ♥2,762 ♠2,856 )
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed, some undisarmable, one can be disarmed with or without the use of rogue skills)
- Overlapping floors
- Spawning/re-spawning monsters
- Stat check (optional: a lever that requires a STR check of 32)
- Puzzles (optional: 3 sets of puzzle wheels - 4, 4, and 12 wheels)
- Randomly placed quest item (optional: Key - or the lock can be picked/knocked)
- Requires extra player(s)/hireling(s) (optional: 2 persons are needed to solve the optional relay puzzle)
- Fire/Cold trap
- Electrified walkways at the relay puzzle
- Electrified floor in the last room
Tips and Misc
- You have several dialog options when you first talk to the Cannith Guard <Lieutenant> near the start of the quest.
- Success in any method will convince them to join your side. They can't jump or climb so they won't help you in the vents, but they will help you kill the Bladesworn Warforged group ahead - in fact they will immediately attack them. Additionally, you will get an extra chest at the end of the quest, regardless of if they survive or not.
- If you want both chests, it's best to simply convince them to join you, then leave them be and not have them follow you.
- Failure: They simply decline your offer and end the dialog. Does not aggro them.
- Start a Fight or try to open the door: Results in the obvious conclusion of fighting them.
- You have similar options for the Bladesworn <Lieutenant>:
- Blade Faith Tenant (Automatically succeeds) - Any Warforged Cleric, Favored Soul or Paladin with their faith-based enhancements are considered high ranking officers in the Lord of Blade's army, and can use this rank to convince the warforged to align with you.
- Success (by any method) will convince them to join your side. They will only help you with the very first few monsters past the door, then stop. In addition you will get an additional chest at the end of the quest, regardless of if they survive or not.
- Start a fight or mess with the door or puzzle - they will attack you.
- You can deal with the flame/cold trap in several ways:
- Disarm it, the control panel is next to the runes
- Turn it off by unlocking the middle rune (Open Lock/Knock needed)
- Run through the trap or jump up and run down the ventilation duct (27 Jump required ) and turn the valve next to the trap ( ♦32Normal ♠39-40Elite STR required ).
- Go around the trap through an adjacent ventilation duct if you don't have the STR to pull the lever but your Jump skill is high enough
- Under no circumstance, should you attack the door on Elite unless you're looking for an Extreme Challenge.
- You can deal with the security door in 3 ways:
- Roguish method: Use the ventilation ducts to drop inside the security door room but when dropping down land on the ledge immediately below the ceiling and unlock the Locking Mechanism found on the ledge (Open Lock/Knock needed Normal: 50-51, 60-63 required on Elite). Once Successfully unlocked; you'll need to use (click) the Locking Mechanism once again for the door to actually swing open.
- Brute force method (attack the door, or insult the warforged): Be prepared for an ultra difficult fight against a huge amount of re-spawning monsters. The objective here initially isn't clear, but what you need to do is continuously kill the Magefire Cannons. They will also re-spawn, but there is a fixed amount of them, roughly 20. Once they are all destroyed, the constant endlessly re-spawning waves of iron defenders and watcher bots will stop, and a warforged titan will appear. He can destroy the security door for you, allowing you to proceed. He will also constantly re-spawn if killed, and will only stop re-spawning once the security door is destroyed.
- Puzzle method: The other (much easier) way to bypass the security door is to use the rune wheels near it in the correct order. The symbols are random, but you'll find them in a nearby room. Memorize them before you enter, then solve them, counting from left to right, in the order of first, third, second, and then fourth. Some of the wheels turn other wheels when they are turned, and this order avoids having that effect turn a wheel that is already solved.
- You can deal with the force field before the hallway leading to final boss fight in 2 ways:
- Brute force method: Beat down the two Power Relays up the ladders on either side of the force field. It can take a very very long time to destroy them with standard weapons given their massive HP, DR and absorption. Adamantine is highly recommended. The puzzle method can be faster if you can deal with the magefire cannons but are not prepared to deal with the Power Relays.
- The Power Relays can be disposed of fairly quickly with use of powerful spells on Normal or Hard. The Prismatic Ray and Prismatic Spray arcane spells can instantly destroy them. You can bring scrolls to save spell points, or use the Beholder summon from the Shard of Xoriat. On Elite, they are Red named creatures and instant kills won't work.
- Puzzle method: The goal of the puzzle is to pull 2 switches to turn off the power to the forcefield (doesn't have to be at the same time). They are up top in the Southwest and Northwest corners and are hard to see if you don't know they are there. For the switches to work they need to be powered at the time they are pulled. Each puzzle wheel routes power. If you turn a puzzle wheel so that power is sent to the next wheel, the walkway between them will also be powered which causes serious electrical damage to anyone touching the walkway. While a wheel is receiving power it can route it to a switch, another wheel+walkway, or nowhere. In the case of the first puzzle wheel on the lower level, it can also route power to the Reverse Light Gravity shaft or cause the shrines to appear. Each of the upper walkways and the shaft are labeled with standard DDO mystical characters as well as at one of the positions of the wheel that controls it. Solving the puzzle with a hireling is simple after understanding what needs to be done. However you solve it, it is a good idea to start by walking around the top walkways destroying the magefire cannons--or disarming them--which counts toward the quest traps disarmed bonus. Follow the step-by-step solution at the right to do it with 2 players. You can also do it with more players by positioning them at wheels when the walkways are not electrified. In the end it will probably be slower than doing it having a hireling turn the wheel behind you after you walk to the next wheel. After both switches are pulled everything powers off along with the main forcefield.
- N.B.: Once the force field is down, the shrine that can be activated by puzzle wheel #1 will be gone. There's another shrine before the boss fight, though.
- Similarly you can approach the end boss fight against Peacemaker in 3 different ways:
- Roguish method: You must Search for a control box that can spawn anywhere in the room. Disabling the control box will temporary affect Peacemaker for about 8-30 seconds (duration depends on difficulty): it will either shut down (it will stop attacking, teleporting and using the invulnerability shield) or it will switch sides (It will attack the other monsters in the room but you won't be able to damage it until its next teleport.) The control box will re-spawn somewhere else once Peacemaker returns to normal so you can repeat the process as many times as you want.
- Brute force method: Attack him, then continue to pursue him and destroy the randomly located crystals to remove his invulnerability shield, continue this until he is destroyed and the quest will be complete. Should your party have a lot of ranged DPS: It is best to position archers/casters on the central platform to range him, and have the melees on the ramp to take on any dogs that spawn. Otherwise pursue him relentlessly with melee until he is destroyed while someone else deals with the hounds. Eventually all the dogs will fall or spawn onto the lower levels, and casters can blast peacemaker from range (only threat to them is from peacemakers blasts itself) If you are standing on the central dais, the dogs can't reach you; this is likely a bug as I've seen them climb over much taller obstacles.
- Puzzle method: 4 sets of 3 puzzle wheels on the bottom, solving the puzzle will temporary disable Peacemaker for about 10 seconds. Warning: The floor here is electrified and the puzzle will slowly reset once solved. The 3 wheels from each set have to match the symbol above the set in order to solve it. When turning the wheels each one can turn other wheels from the same set (2, 1 or none). The symbol above each set and how each wheel from a set affects the other two is completely random each time you run the quest. Given the complexity of the puzzle, and how fast the boss recovers from the shutdown, this method isn't recommended.
- In the end fight, hirelings often have an annoying tendency to jump down to the lightning-filled ground floor and get electrocuted. Click the "come to me" button continuously to keep them alive.
- It appears in this floor is no longer electrified on any difficulty.
- After U13 the number of enemies in this quest was significantly reduced. Iron Defenders no longer spawn in the final fight, they have been replaced with Watcher Constructs.
- Aggression bonus: 90 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.( ♣618 ♦1,067 ♥1,105 ♠1,142 )
- Onslaught bonus: 129 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.( ♣926 ♦1,600 ♥1,657 ♠1,714 )
- Conquest bonus: 153 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.( ♣1,544 ♦2,667 ♥2,762 ♠2,856 )
- Mischief bonus: 51 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.( ♣494 ♦854 ♥884 ♠914 )
- Vandal bonus: 65 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.( ♣618 ♦1,067 ♥1,105 ♠1,142 )
- Ransack bonus: 80
- Notes: Getting above aggression bonus requires killing re-spawns at the boss fight if you did not select the brute force option at the security door. or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.( ♣926 ♦1,600 ♥1,657 ♠1,714 )
- Chests: ♦ 3-5/Normal ♥ 6-8 /Hard ♠ 9-11Elite
- 1 optional for killing Whitefang (Phase Spider, found in the ventilation ducts)
- 1 optional for killing the Master of the Hounds (Warforged, found behind a secret door - Search DC38)
- ♦ 1 /Normal ♥ 4 /Hard ♠ 7Elite at the end for killing Peacemaker (Magefire Cannon). These chests can all spawn unique loot (listed below).
- Additionally, there are two extra chests for using non-combative Methods against the Cannith and Lord of Blades followers (one for each group). These are at the end of the quest, alongside the increased difficulty chests. These chests can also spawn unique loot.
- Collectables: 17
- Bookshelf in the junk room
- Adventurer's pack in the junk room
- Fungus in vents, near Whitefang
- Fungus patch in ventilation duct to bypass trap
- Fungus as you drop down into the control room in the southeast
- Cabinet in the control room in the southeast
- Cabinet in the southeast room with the artificers
- Bookshelf in the southeast room with the artificers
- Mushroom in southeast hallway
- Mushroom in the hall leading to the Syrania Conduit
- Bookshelf in the hall leading to the Syrania Conduit
- Fungus on catwalk with relays
- Mold on one of the magefire cannon platforms
- Bookshelf next to eastern power relay
- Bookshelf next to western power relay
- 2 Cabinets in schematics room
- NPC rewards: Standard, Select from 5, Up to ML:21. 4 random items plus 100% chance for a rare Artificer scroll: Deadly Weapons as a reward choice.
Named Chest Drop
- Tinker's Goggles - Goggles: Intelligence +6 Intelligence +6: This item focuses the power of the wearer's mind, granting a +6 enhancement bonus to Intelligence., Treason, Disable Device +10Disable Device +10: Passive: +10 Competence bonus to the Disable Device skill., Enhanced Disable Device +5Enhanced Disable Device +5: Passive: +5 Enhancement bonus to the Disable Device skill., Nearly Finished [ML18, BtA] (Dackle <Master of the Hounds>'s chest) (Drops on normal/hard only, related post: )
- Tinker's Gloves - Gloves: Dexterity +6 Dexterity +6: This item makes the wearer more nimble and dexterous, granting a +6 enhancement bonus to Dexterity., Exceptional Seeker 2Exceptional Seeker 2: Provides a +2 Insight bonus to confirm critical hits, and a +2 Insight bonus to critical hit damage (before multipliers are applied)., Open Lock +10Open Lock +10: Passive: +10 Competence bonus to the Open Lock skill., Enhanced Open Lock +5Enhanced Open Lock +5: Passive: +5 Enhancement bonus to the Open Lock skill., Nearly Finished [ML18, BtA] (Any Chest)
- Cannith Boots of Propulsion - Boots: Striding +30%Striding +30%: Makes the wearer more fleet of foot, giving a 30% bonus to run speed., Feather FallingFeather Falling: This item is engraved with feathers and bestows a powerful magical effect. Whenever the wearer begins to fall from any height, this effect slows the descent dramatically, causing the wearer to fall like a feather., Jet Propulsion, Jump +10Jump +10: Passive: +10 Competence bonus to the Jump skill., Enhanced Jump +5Enhanced Jump +5: Passive: +5 Enhancement bonus to the Jump skill. [ML18, BtA, Exclusive] (Dackle <Master of the Hounds>'s chest, or bonus chest for convincing the Cannith guards to join you)
The above was automatically compiled via DPL, 16:52:56 result from cache, age: 06:50:30 of max 1 day - if you think that's not up-to-date, refresh it by visiting this link (please, use sparingly, since it puts some additional load on the server)
| Cannith Guard DC table
- As long as you don't select the "Start a Fight" option, you can keep trying for as long as you want.
- If you try to open the door before befriending them, they will attack you immediately.
|| Quest Difficulty
|| Skill Total
|| Suspected DC range
| (Mark of Making) I am a Cannith representative. I require your assistance.
|| Mark of Making
|| Always Succeeds
| (Cannith Patron Rank 2) I am <name>. Please, trust me that I am on an important mission and cannot be wayland.
|| 150 Cannith Favor
|| Always Succeeds
| (Diplomacy check) Toven's been relieved and Channa's in charge now. You have to follow her orders and help me.
|| 53:Fail; 55:Success
| (Bluff check) Yes, that's right. I'm here by Toven's order. Will you help me?
|| 61:Fail; 65:Success
| Bladesworn Warforged DC table
- As long as you don't pick the "Start a Fight" option, you can keep trying for as long as you want.
- If you try to use the rune wheel, or attack the main gate before befriending them, they will attack you immediately.
|| Quest Difficulty
|| Skill Total
|| Suspected DC range
| (Diplomacy check) I may not be Warforged, but I sympathize with your cause. Let me help you.
|| 57:Fail; 61:Success
| (Bluff check) Please, I'm on your side. The Lord of Blades said he'd kill me if I didn't help you.
|| 55:Fail; 62:Success
|| 62:Fail; 66:Success
|| 73:Fail; 74:Success