|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
A terrible scourge stalks the subterranean world of the Waterworks...twisted entities from beyond space and time.
|Heroic XP:||♣2,460 ♦4,299 ♥4,500 ♠4,700|
|Takes place in:||Harbor|
|NPC contact:||Guard Branson|
|Quest acquired in:||The Harbor|
|Patron:||The Coin Lords|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
The Gnashtooth and Tunnelworm kobolds were at war with one another...until now. Invading forces from Xoriat plan to destroy Stormreach and wreak havoc across Xen'drik. They gather their warriors inside the Waterworks, using human cultists to open dark portals to their world. You must enter the Waterworks to stop the invaders.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Kill Elder Beholder maintaining the Gnashtooth locus
- Kill Elder Beholders maintaining the central loci
- Kill Elder Beholder maintaining the Tunnelworm locus
- Slay the demons' commander
- (Optional) Slay 40 outsiders (20% Base XP)
- (Optional) Slay 80 outsiders (30% Base XP)
- (Optional) Slay 120 outsiders (40% Base XP)
- (Optional) Slay 150 outsiders (50% Base XP)
What to Expect
- Chaos orbs
- Spawning/respawning monsters
Tips and Misc
This is an exceedingly difficult quest for the unprepared. There are at least 10 beholders that must be slain, surrounded by portals that respawn Flensers, Hounds and the like. Death to at least one in your party is likely; someone that can raise the dead is almost a necessity. Chaos orbs move around near objectives (like the ones in The Xorian Cipher) which throw random spells if they come too close to you. Beholders abound, as noted, dispelling your buffs and casting Finger of Death and Disintegrate on you. The slippery ground caused from Ice Flensers' area cold effects make a bad situation worse.
Deathblock items, Negative Energy Absorption items (Beholder Optic Nerves, Silver Flame Nugget), Freedom of Movement, Greater Cold resistance items, and a caster with Restoration or Greater Restoration to restore negative levels are extremely helpful. Dismissal and Banishment are very useful in this quest as well since most of the mobs are outsiders.
See the article on Beholders for tactical options and additional options for protection.
The quest itself is in a variation of the Waterworks Wilderness adventure area between that Story Arc's two quest entrances (Clan Gnashtooth and Clan Tunnelworm). If you have run this story arc, it will be difficult to get lost and easy to find the objectives.
A single shrine is located in the same place as found in the Waterworks wilderness adventure area.
In this re-visit of the Waterworks, there are no hidden doors that can be found by searching or Detect Secret Doors.
To get the optional for 150 kills requires waiting out respawns before completion.
- Aggression bonus: 68 monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 88 monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 120 monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Chests: 1 placed randomly, 1 after end fight.
- At the end chest, certain number of Outsider Tokens are given to players as chest loot, according to what commander they have defeated. Tokens are not guaranteed on casual.
- Grokien (Beholder) = 5 tokensverify?
- Boktar (Elder Beholder) = 5 tokens
- Tyrzza (Thaarak Hound) = 2 tokens
- Prysuul (Flesh Render) = 2 tokens
- Garzuul (Fire Reaver) = 3 tokens
- Tharkuul (Ice Flenser) = 3 tokens
- They are used for Invasion Tokens turn-in quest, and bind on acquire, but you can pass yours to one of your party members before they are looted from chest. This change has been made as of module 5.
- NPC rewards: Random item
The special Invaders item will show up randomly in the final boss's chest, and is determined by what kind of monster the boss is. (Note that the combination of Cold Iron and Pure Good/Holy bypasses the Damage reduction of a Flesh Render, Fire Reaver, or Ice Flenser.) Additionally, 2-5 Outsider Tokens will be in that chest, which can eventually be traded to a collector for these items in quantities of 25.
- Beholder Optic Nerves - Necklace: Spot +7, Search +7, Absorb Beholder Spells 8/day
- Garzuul's Bane - +5 Greataxe 1.25[1d12]: Holy, Cold Iron, Red Augment Slot
- Prysuul's Bane - +5 Bastard sword 1.25[1d10]: Pure Good, Cold Iron, Red Augment Slot
- Tharkuul's Bane - +5 Sickle 1.25[2d4]: Holy, Cold Iron, Red Augment Slot
- Tyrzza's Bane - +5 Rapier 1.25[1d6]: Pure Good, True Law, Cold Iron, Red Augment Slot
- Elder Beholders
- Fire Reavers
- Flesh Renders
- Ice Flensers
- Sirens of Insanity
- Thaarak Hounds
- Zealots of Madness
- Boktar - Red-named beholder; end boss (one of six mutually exclusive red-names which can appear)
- Garzuul - Red-named fire reaver; end boss (one of six mutually exclusive red-names which can appear)
- Grokien - Red-named beholder; end boss (one of six mutually exclusive red-names which can appear)
- Prysuul - Red-named flesh render; end boss (one of six mutually exclusive red-names which can appear)
- Tharkuul - Red-named ice flenser; end boss (one of six mutually exclusive red-names which can appear)
- Tyrzza - Red-named hellhound; end boss (one of six mutually exclusive red-names which can appear)