From DDO wiki
Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
|Requires access to : Harbinger of Madness|
Reporters for the Stormreach Chronicle believe that Morley Blode, proprietor of this shop, is the one responsible for creating the Taken.
|Takes place in:||Blode's Curio Shop|
|Bestowed by:||Felicity Mallow|
|NPC contact:||Felicity Mallow|
|Quest acquired in:||The Harbor|
|Patron:||The Free Agents|
|Free to Play:||No|
Enter Blode's Curio Shop. in the Harbor and try to learn how the Taken are made.
- This is Part Three of Harbinger of Madness
- The quest itself is located due south of Felicity Mallow, down the same alley that leads to the Bonebite Hideout
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Confront Morley Blode
- Fight off Morley's followers - 6 total
- Open the storeroom and deal with Morely Blode
- Hunt down Morley Blode
- Destroy the Xorian cocoons - 10 total
- Find Morley's other lab and destroy the Xorian cocoons within - 10 total
- Activate the controls to lower the drawbridges
- Spy on Morley's conversation
- Fight off the deranged followers - 6 total
- Survive the Taken swarm - 6 total
- Destroy Neihoden
- (Optional) Put the undead adventurers to rest - 4 total +10% Bonus. (bonus chest)
- (Optional) Destroy any other Xorian cocoons found - 8 total +10% Bonus. (bonus chest)
What to Expect
- Trap (fixed)
- Point of no return
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Randomly placed quest items (mandatory: 20 Cocoons and optional: 10 Cocoons)
- Spike trap on the sides of a door frame in the north-south passage; control box location apparently varies. Easily timed.
Tips and Misc
- Recommended buffs at all times:
- Acid Resistance
- Blur or Displacement
- Greater Heroism
- Most of this quest involves mass numbers of Taken and Crazed/Deranged Followers being thrown at you in melee fights with few surprises.
- Freedom of Movement does NOT block the Sticky effect.
- The long drop after the first shrine isn't a point of no return; you can turn a valve to lower a ladder so you can climb back up.
- The second drop (by the third shrine) IS a point of no return; additionally, despite looking like water at the bottom, it's shallow - use FF.
- Neihoden periodically activates some kind of breath ability after taking enough damage. He cannot be targeted while using it. It sometimes causes an AoE knockdown.
- The undead optional requires knock or lockpicking to complete, and can be found in the east wing past the first dropdown.
- Trivia: The undead adventurers optional is a reference to the '80s D&D Cartoon, which starred a Cavalier, Ranger, Magician, Acrobat, Barbarian, and Thief. The (deceased) Acrobat can be found elsewhere, while the Thief... must've stolen their lives and then fled.
- Aggression bonus: 84 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 109 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 31 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 51 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Notes: Rusted pipes don't count as breakables; Xoriat Cocoons, however, do.
- Chests: 3
- 1 optional behind a locked door for killing the undead adventurers (found in the eastern corridor past the first drop-down)
- 1 optional for destroying all the cocoons (found just past the second cocoon wing)
- 1 at the end for killing Neihoden (Taken)
- Collectables: Seven
- Mold in the water below the first drawbridgelever
- Mold behind a gate after the first drop-down
- Mold down the western corridor, near the deceased acrobat
- Mold on the wall down the eastern corridor, before the room with the other deceased adventurers
- Mold before the second water area
- Mold just before the second set of shrines, behind some rusted pipes
- Mold at the bottom of the water past the second set of shrines
- NPC rewards: Random ML 12-14 items; choose from 6
Named Chest Drop
- Infused Chaosrobe - Robe: Spell Turmoil, Lesser Evocation Augmentation IX, Trace of Madness, Power Drain [ML:14, BtA]
|Arcane Ooze (view)||Ooze||Arcane Ooze|
|Clan Tunnelworm Thrower (NoPic)||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Clan Tunnelworm Warrior (NoPic)||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Clan Tunnelworm Witch Doctor (NoPic)||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Crazed Follower (NoPic)||Humanoid||Human|
|Deranged Follower (view)||)||Humanoid||Human|
|Greater Thaarak Hound (view)||Evil Outsider||Hellhound|
|Mind Flayer Mage (view)||Aberration||Mind Flayer|
|Undead Barbarian (view)||Undead||Zombie|
|Undead Cavalier (view)||Undead||Zombie|
|Undead Magician (view)||Undead||Zombie|
|Undead Ranger (view)||Undead||Zombie|