|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
|Requires access to adventure pack: Harbinger of Madness|
Reporters for the Stormreach Chronicle believe that Morley Blode, proprietor of this shop, is the one responsible for creating the Taken.
|Heroic XP:||♣2,130 ♦3,700 ♥3,850 ♠3,999|
|Takes place in:||Blode's Curio Shop|
|NPC contact:||Felicity Mallow|
|Quest acquired in:||The Harbor|
|Patron:||The Free Agents|
|Free to Play:||No|
Enter Blode's Curio Shop. in the Harbor and try to learn how the Taken are made.
- This is Part Three of Harbinger of Madness
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Confront Morley Blode
- Fight off Morley's followers - 6 total
- Open the storeroom and deal with Morely Blode
- Hunt down Morley Blode
- Destroy the Xorian cocoons - 10 total
- Find Morley's other lab and destroy the Xorian cocoons within - 10 total
- Activate the controls to lower the drawbridges
- Spy on Morley's conversation
- Fight off the deranged followers - 6 total
- Survive the Taken swarm - 6 total
- Destroy Neihoden
- (Optional) Put the undead adventurers to rest - 4 total (10% of base XP, plus a bonus chest)
- (Optional) Destroy any other Xorian cocoons found - 8 total (10% of base XP, plus a bonus chest)
What to Expect
- Trap (fixed)
- Point of no return
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Randomly placed quest items (mandatory: 20 Cocoons and optional: 10 Cocoons)
- Spike trap on the sides of a door frame in the north-south passage; control box location apparently varies. Easily timed.
Tips and Misc
- Recommended buffs at all times:
- Acid Resistance
- Blur or Displacement
- Greater Heroism
- Most of this quest involves mass numbers of Taken and Crazed/Deranged Followers being thrown at you in melee fights with few surprises.
- Freedom of Movement does NOT block the Sticky effect.
- The long drop after the first shrine isn't a point of no return; you can turn a valve to lower a ladder so you can climb back up.
- The second drop (by the third shrine) IS a point of no return; additionally, despite looking like water at the bottom, it's shallow - use FF.
- Neihoden periodically activates some kind of breath ability after taking enough damage. He cannot be targeted while using it. It sometimes causes an AoE knockdown.
- The undead optional requires knock or lockpicking to complete, and can be found in the east wing past the first dropdown.
- Trivia: The undead adventurers optional is a reference to the '80s D&D Cartoon, which starred a Cavalier, Ranger, Magician, Acrobat, Barbarian, and Thief. The (deceased) Acrobat can be found elsewhere, while the Thief... must've stolen their lives and then fled.
- Aggression bonus: 84 monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 109 monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 31 breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 51 breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Rusted pipes don't count as breakables; Xoriat Cocoons, however, do.
- Chests: 3
- 1 optional behind a locked door for killing the undead adventurers (found in the eastern corridor past the first drop-down)
- 1 optional for destroying all the cocoons (found just past the second cocoon wing)
- 1 at the end for killing Neihoden (Taken)
- Collectables: Seven
- Mold in the water below the first drawbridgelever
- Mold behind a gate after the first drop-down
- Mold down the western corridor, near the deceased acrobat
- Mold on the wall down the eastern corridor, before the room with the other deceased adventurers
- Mold before the second water area
- Mold just before the second set of shrines, behind some rusted pipes
- Mold at the bottom of the water past the second set of shrines
- NPC rewards: Random ML 12-14 items; choose from 6
- Infused Chaosrobe - Robe: Spell Turmoil, Lesser Evocation Augmentation IX, Trace of Madness, Power Drain [ML:14, BtA]
- Arcane Oozes
- Clan Tunnelworm Warriors - Kobold fighters
- Clan Tunnelworm Witch Doctors - Kobold wizards
- Crazed Followers - Humans
- Deranged Followers - Humans; may spawn out of Xoriat cocoons
- Greater Thaarak Hounds
- Mind Flayer Mages
- Neihoden - Red-named taken; end boss
- Undead Barbarian - Optional named zombie
- Undead Cavalier - Optional named zombie
- Undead Magician - Optional named zombie
- Undead Ranger - Optional named zombie