Mysterious disappearances have the entire city on edge. Investigate the fates of the missing, dare to face hidden horrors that have broken the sanity of so many others, and destroy the monstrous perpetrator before it consumes your mind. Contains 4 hand-crafted adventures in the streets of Stormreach.
| Quest Name
|| Quest Level
|| Total Favor
||The Free Agents
||The Free Agents
||The Free Agents
|In The Flesh
||The Free Agents
|| 4 Quests
Talk to Tessa Aster in the Harbor to pick up this quest chain. She will guide you through the story arc and reward you for completing all quests. You need to run the first three quests before you can start In the Flesh.
The end reward (given by Tessa Aster) for completing all the quests is a mix of named items that can be pulled from optional chests in this chain, as well as several items gainable solely from here, and 1-2 items of random loot (BtA). You can talk to Tessa Aster and run the chain again - in any order - for another reward.
Following is the list of items that can only be acquired by completing the chain (except Beholder Plate Armor/Docent, those can drop from Opuloxx the Indomitable's chest in The Lord of Eyes).
All items are Bound to Account on AcquireBound to Account on Acquire: This item is Bound to Account on Acquire unless otherwise noted and have a 100% chance of appearing on every third completion of the story arc.
- Axe of Famine - +5 Dwarven Waraxe+5 Dwarven Waraxe: (1d10+5 20/x3): This axe is too large to be used in one hand without the special training that all dwarven warriors receive.: Life-DevouringLife-Devouring: This weapon deprives an enemy of its energy and passes it on to you. When you roll a 20 on an attack, the enemy must make a DC 28 Fortitude save or be subjected to a -6 penalty to all stats. At the same time you will feel your power return, as though Greater Restoration were cast on you., Strength SappingStrength Sapping: Every time this weapon deals damage, the target must succeed on a Fortitude save (DC 15) or become exhausted., WeakeningWeakening: This weapon drains the enemies' melee power. -1 Strength on a successful hit., Incite +15 Incite +15: +15 Enhancement bonus to increased threat generation from melee damage [ML:14]
- Beholder Plate Armor - +5 Heavy Armor: Antimagic SpikeAntimagic Spike: When scoring a critical hit on an enemy with ranged or melee weapons, the target must make a DC 28 Fortitude save or be unable to cast spells for a brief duration., Telekinesis GuardTelekinesis Guard: When enemies hit you, they may be assaulted by these psychic forces, falling to the ground unless they make a DC 35 Reflex save., Trace of MadnessTrace of Madness: You can almost hear faint, panicked voices when this item is close to you. Perhaps the latent power of this item's hint of madness could be brought out by some catalyst., Metal FatigueMetal Fatigue: The metal plates of this armor sometimes tire you out. When you are damaged there is a small chance you will become Exhausted. [ML:14]
- Beholder Plate Docent - +5 Docent: Antimagic SpikeAntimagic Spike: When scoring a critical hit on an enemy with ranged or melee weapons, the target must make a DC 28 Fortitude save or be unable to cast spells for a brief duration., Telekinesis GuardTelekinesis Guard: When enemies hit you, they may be assaulted by these psychic forces, falling to the ground unless they make a DC 35 Reflex save., Trace of MadnessTrace of Madness: You can almost hear faint, panicked voices when this item is close to you. Perhaps the latent power of this item's hint of madness could be brought out by some catalyst., Metal FatigueMetal Fatigue: The metal plates of this armor sometimes tire you out. When you are damaged there is a small chance you will become Exhausted. [ML:14]
- Bow of Sinew- +5 Longbow+5 Longbow: ([1d8]+5 19-20 / x3): A large, curved, wooden bow, often nearly as tall as a human. This weapon is popular among elves and rangers. (crit range 19-20): ElasticityElasticity: This bow is strung with special fibers that cause it to occasionally launch arrows with shocking force. When rolling a 19 or 20 on a ranged attack, your critical multiplier is increased by 1., Stealth StrikeStealth Strike: Reduces the threat generated by ranged attacks and spells by 15%., Seeker 8 Seeker 8: Provides a +8 Enhancement bonus to confirm critical hits, and a +8 Enhancement bonus to critical hit damage (before multipliers are applied)., AlignedAligned: This weapon transmutes into a form that is able to bypass any alignment based Damage Reduction. (Chaotic, Good, Evil, Lawful), OverfocusOverfocus: This item helps you focus your attention, but it makes you somewhat oblivious to your surroundings, causing a -10 penalty to Search and Spot. [ML:14]
- Thaarak Bracelet - Bracers: Vitality +20Vitality +20: Passive: +20 Vitality bonus to Hit Points., DRDamage Reduction 3/Lawful: Reduces physical damage by 3, except from Lawful attacks. 3/Lawful, Dodge +4% Dodge +4%: +4% Enhancement bonus to Dodge., Acid BreathAcid Breath
Caster level: 10
Charges: 3 (3/day) — 3 Charges (Recharged/Day:3) [ML:15]
- Polycurse Dagger - +5 Dagger+5 Dagger: (1d4+5 19-20/x2): A short, simple weapon with a pointed blade used for stabbing.: PolycursePolycurse: This weapon is enchanted with many diverse curses. On a critical hit an enemy may be hit with one of these effects at random: Blindness, Exhaustion, Bestow Curse, or Enervation., Sneak Attack Bonus +3Sneak Attack Bonus +3: Provides a +3 to attack bonus and a +5 to damage for any attack that would qualify as a Sneak Attack, even if the wielder is not a Rogue., DeceptionDeception: This weapon is hard to focus upon and thus provides a +3 enhancement bonus to Bluff checks. In addition, Deception weapons have a small chance to envelop the target in darkness, making them vulnerable to sneak attacks for a short time., Curse VectorCurse Vector: This item is a carrier of curses. It can apply them to your foes, but also to you - when you are damaged there is a small chance that you will have a Bestow Curse cast on you., Corrosive SaltCorrosive Salt: This weapon stores a caustic, insatiable power deep within. When this weapon is used, this power can come to the surface in the form of a noxious, corrosive salt that dissolves all substances. [ML:14]
- Quivering Quiver - Quiver - Bound to Character on AcquireBound to Character on Acquire: This item is Bound to Character on Acquire: [Holds 10 types, in 300 stack] Arrow Spitting [ML:14, BtC]
- Scepter of Mad Trickery - +5 Club+5 Club: (1d6+5 20/x2): A simple wooden weapon with a wide, round head and a narrow haft.: Illusion Focus 2Illusion Focus 2: Passive: +2 equipment bonus to the DC to resist your Illusion spells., Enchantment Focus 2Enchantment Focus 2: Passive: +2 equipment bonus to the DC to resist your Enchantment spells., Spell Penetration II Spell Penetration II: Passive: +2 Equipment bonus to Spell Penetration checks., Mind TurbulenceMind Turbulence: This property fills your mind with chaos, disrupting your thoughts and causing a -10 Concentration penalty. [ML:14]