Durk's Got A Secret
Durk the Deranged seems like an unreliable source of 'secrets.' Perhaps this mission will prove uneventful.
|Durk's Got a Secret|
|Takes place in:||Den of the Kobold Brothers|
|Bestowed by:||Durk the Deranged|
|NPC contact:||Durk the Deranged|
|Quest acquired in:||The Harbor|
|Patron:||The Free Agents|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Descend into the Den of the Kobold Brothers from the Harbormaster's Plaza in the Harbor. In there, find out whether Durk's secret has any basis in reality.
- Kill the first kobold brother while the second is away
- Kill the second kobold brother while the first is away
- (Optional) Eliminate the troglodyte henchmen - 2 total Heroic: +10% Bonus.
- (Optional) Eliminate the troglodyte shaman Heroic: +15% Bonus.
- (Optional) Open the rear section of the sewer Heroic: +5% Bonus.
- (Optional) Slay Muck Heroic: +15% Bonus.
- (Optional) Slay Witch Doctor Zizoo Heroic: +15% Bonus.
- (Optional) Slay Witch Doctor Rakhat Heroic: +15% Bonus.
What to Expect
- Traps (1 fixed, 1 random)
- Acid trap (Disable Device DC:23) in an alcove south of the eastern brother. The trap protects the chest that appears after you defeat Witch Doctor Rakhat. Control box is in the alcove across the hallway.
- Fire trap at the entrance to the passage to the western brother's room. Control box is to the north; only fires once.
Tips and Misc
- This adventure is of average difficulty.
- The rear section of the sewer can be opened by a valve in either brother's room; each valve opens a door near the other brother's room.
- If you go for the eastern brother first his valve will open the door near Muck; otherwise, start with the western brother, as his room has a shrine in it. If you're farming for Muckbane, it's recommended you make sure to open a valve in each of the kobold's room, as each valve has a chance to spawn Muck. If you only open one, you have half the chance of Muck spawning.
- To find the second troglodyte henchman, you have to pull a lever in an alcove just before the corner down to the eastern brother, and then pull another lever in a newly-opened alcove back at the intersection.
- Witch Doctor Zizoo may appear near the beginning, around the first corner.
- Witch Doctor Rakhat may appear near the eastern kobold brother, just before the door controlled by the valve in the western brother's room. His chest is behind bars that require STR 18 to turn the valve, and guarded by a nasty acid trap (however, it *is* possible to get the chest without being sprayed, if you're VERY careful, in the event that you don't have a rogue or he blows the box).
- Muck may appear just behind the door near the western brother, controlled by the valve in the eastern brother's room. His chest may contain the valuable Muckbane.
- Aggression bonus: 29 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 38 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 46 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 1 or more trap disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 32 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 42 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 52 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 5 - 8
- 1 chest found near the first kobold brother
- 1 chest found near the second kobold brother
- 1 chest for killing the first troglodyte henchman (found behind the hidden door)
- 1 chest for killing the second troglodyte henchman (found in the north intersection, behind the lever-activated doors)
- 1 chest for killing the troglodyte shaman (found behind a locked door, in the southern room at the rear of the sewer)
- 1 optional chest for killing Witch Doctor Zizoo (Kobold, doesn't always spawn, found near the beginning, around the first corner)
- 1 optional chest for killing Witch Doctor Rakhat (Kobold, doesn't always spawn, found near the eastern kobold brother, just before the door controlled by the valve in the western brother's room)
- 1 optional chest for killing Muck (Ooze, doesn't always spawn, found behind the door near the western kobold brother)
- Collectables: Six
- Mushroom to the north of first troglodyte henchman
- Mushroom in the room with the first troglodyte henchman
- Mushroom near the acid trap by Witch Doctor Rakhat
- Rubble in the eastern kobold brother's room
- Mushroom near the troglodyte shaman
- Rubble in the western kobold brother's room, near the shrine
- NPC rewards: Standard
Named Chest Drop
- Muckbane - +1 Club: , , (Muck) [ML:2]
- Periapt of Health - Trinket: Immunity to disease [ML:1]
- Rahkat's Spangle - Trinket: , [ML:1]
- Rahkat's Trifle - Trinket: (Rakhat) [ML:1]
- Zizoo's Spangle - Trinket: (Zizoo) [ML:1]
|Muck (view)||Ooze||Gray Ooze|
|Witch Doctor Rakhat (view)||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Witch Doctor Zizoo (view)||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Gray Ooze (view)||Ooze||Gray Ooze|
|Kobold Chieftain (view)||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Kobold Shaman (view)||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Kobold Thrower (view)||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Kobold Warrior (view)||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Lesser Gray Ooze (view)||Ooze||Gray Ooze|
|Troglodyte Shaman (view)||Reptilian||Troglodyte|