- Insanity source
- Roll d% at the beginning of each subject’s turn each round to see what the subject does in that round.
- 01 - 010 - Attack caster with melee or ranged weapons (or close with caster if attack is not possible).
- 11 - 020 - Act normally.
- 21 - 050 - Do nothing but babble incoherently.
- 51 - 070 - Flee away from caster at top possible speed.
- 71 - 100 - Attack nearest creature (for this purpose, a familiar counts as part of the subject’s self).
- A insane character who can’t carry out the indicated action does nothing but babble incoherently.
- Attackers are not at any special advantage when attacking a insane character.
- Any insane character who is attacked automatically attacks its attackers on its next turn, as long as it is still insane when its turn comes.
- Note that an insane character will not make attacks of opportunity against any creature that it is not already devoted to attacking (either because of its most recent action or because it has just been attacked).
- Remove curse does not remove insanity. Greater Restoration, Heal, Limited Wish, Miracle, or Wish can restore the creature.
Note: This is a PnP condition that is not yet implemented in DDO.