|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
Tomb of the Shadow Guard
From DDO wiki
|Requires access to adventure pack: Necropolis Part 2|
|Tomb of the Shadow Guard|
|Heroic XP:||♣2,133 ♦3,772 ♥3,988 ♠4,204|
|Takes place in:||Tomb of the Shadow Guard|
|NPC contact:||Bragdii Wyvernborne|
|Quest acquired in:||The Necropolis|
|Patron:||The Silver Flame|
|Free to Play:||No|
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Slay Janos Porthak
- Slay Tirnan Wentarg
- Slay Kamenwati
- (Optional) Slay Invisible Stalker
What to Expect
- Traps (random)
- Overlapping floors
- Floor spikes
Tips and Misc
Despite appearances this is a simple but long quest, with one exception the path from the entrance to the end being entirely linear.
- Useful spells: Resist Electricity, Fire, Water Breathing (Divine).
- Bring your Underwater Action equipment. You'll spend more than half of the time swimming inside long and flooded underground tunnels. Though Sogshadow Moss Patches can be found inside the water which will grant Water Breathing, each patch can only be used once per character.
However You can obtain water breathing from many sources near this level. Potions of Water Breathing (ML:4) are available in House Jorasco and scrolls of the 3rd level spell Water Breathing can be obtained in House Phiarlan (UMD: 28). other options are the one time use item from Korthos, The Ring of Waterbreathing or the Boots of the Mire from Fathom the Depths (in The Red Fens). Another option is the Level 8 (or higher) Ring of the Buccaneer from the Treasure of Crystal Cove event
- The underwater tunnels have many short but misleading dead ends, so you will want to keep up with your group mates; a careless wrong turn can very much mean that you'll become lost and strayed from your group for the rest of the adventure.
- Once you reach the drop down point SE of the shrine, the path bifurcates: the southern path will lead you to the Invisible Stalker optional, while the northern path will lead you to the end boss eventually and finish the quest (see picture to the right).
- Underwater mushrooms have a good droprate for Fragrant Drowshood.
- The end fight is actually right next to the quest entrance, so Dimension Door will help greatly in case you are lost but your group is able to reach the boss.
- Quick guide (use it in combination with the Wiki map):
- 1 - 6 (white) is the path from the entrance to the intersection
- 7 is the intersection
- 7 - 8 (red) is the optional path leading to the Invisible Stalker; backtrack to 7 afterwards
- 7 - 18 (blue) is the main path leading to the end boss
- ===External Links===
- This link to the DDO Forum has some very good maps with pathing for this confusing quest
- CuriousGIS's 3D Sketchup map of Tomb of the Shadowguard
- Aggression bonus: 54 monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 62 monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 78 monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 2 traps disarmed +8% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 22 breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 36 breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 3 en route and 1 at the end
- NPC rewards: Random item
- Drifting Scourge - Spectre
- Drifting Scourge Mage - Spectre
- Dun Butcher - Human
- Fated Revenant - Human
- Gloomstreaker - Human
- Invisible Stalker
- Phase Spider
- Shrouded Terror - Wraith
- Shrouded Terror Mage - Wraith
- Twilight Channeler - Human
- Umbral Worg