|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
Tomb of the Shadow King
From DDO wiki
|Requires access to adventure pack: Necropolis Part 2|
The Shadow King's Tomb is dotted with bright powerful torches. The shadow creatures seem to fear them.
|Tomb of the Shadow King|
|Heroic XP:||♣2,364 ♦4,180 ♥4,420 ♠4,660|
|Takes place in:||Tomb of the Shadow King|
|NPC contact:||Samir Sirka|
|Quest acquired in:||The Necropolis|
|Patron:||The Silver Flame|
|Free to Play:||No|
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Find and speak with Shadow King
- Slay Waine Brousch
- Slay Rudi Sparn
- Darken the Shadow King's Tomb (total 16 torches)
- Slay Nsu
What to Expect
- Traps (random)
- Point of no return
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Requires extra player(s)/hireling(s) (optional: 2 levers have to be pulled simultaneously)
Spike and poison traps, random
Tips and Misc
- This is probably the toughest quest of the series and it is not recommended for a party of level 8s do this, especially if you don't have a caster with Firewall and healer with Raise Dead. Keeping Death Ward up is very important as well, in order to avoid stat damage from wraiths.
- Mobs in this quest keep respawning. In order to avoid going to the same place twice and dealing with respawn, knowing the map and planning your path is very important (i.e. outer corridor first, then north area, clear shrine, inner corridor, then south area, etc).
- Torches give nearby undead curse debuff while they are lit, so, other than firewalling everything, rounding them up around the torches and using disruption weapons is a good tactic too, if you are high enough level to use them. Clearing out the mobs before extinguishing the lights is a good tactic for less experienced teams.
- If you can't find the last torches try a walk through the walls in the rooms with the keepers of light. There are secret rooms which are not shown on the in-game map. Unlike other secret rooms in game, you cannot find them with your search skill or Detect Secret Doors. If you look at the floor in the north and south torch rooms, there are lit panels that lead to the spot on the walls that serve as the entrance. You simply walk through the wall, as it is just an illusion. If you succeed a spot check you will hear the dm audio clue.
The Dungeonmaster says to check for tapestries on the walls
- Once all the torches are unlit, you need to go back to west entrance area and activate Nsu, before you can open up east area. If you do not kill Nsu in the final room, you must still return there for the final chest and scarab.
- Note: As of Update 15 it is very difficult to melee Nsu in the West room. He no longer takes damage from good-aligned or holy weapons, or Holy or Light spells, until he is subject to the light of the final room. You need to lure him to the East. Though he does take damage from elemental effects, such as frost, without luring him to the east.
- The healing shrines in the center can only be accessed from the north and south, so don't waste precious time and resources trying to enter from the other directions. The levers near the shrines open the gates to the east and west, but only for a moment: you'll have to head the long way back if you need the shrines again.
- The final room has two levers on the upper floor. When both are pulled simultaneously a bright light shines. Nsu MUST be near the middle of the small square room within the large eastern room. When the levers are pulled, gates will fall trapping Nsu in the light, then he can be killed easily. Nsu can be killed with Sunburst or other light spells such as Searing Light or the Sun Flasks from the Festivult as well as acid spells like melf's or acid blast.
- This can be done solo with a pet/hire. Put them on passive so they don't keep running after the wraiths that spawn. Climb up a ladder on one side, which will lure Nsu to the bottom of that ladder where he will stay. Park your hire at one of the levers up top. Then jump (do not climb) to the bottom of the ladder in the opposite corner, and immediately climb back up as fast as you can. With some luck, Nsu will run across to get you and stop in the middle, once you are high enough on the ladder. Then instruct your hire to pull the one switch while you pull the other, and jump down to finish off Nsu.
- Aggression bonus: 60 monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 79 monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 97 monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 1 trap disarmed +8% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 2 traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 32 breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 41 breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 51 breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: *1 random in north area
- 2 after end fight
- Collectables: Altar, Adventurer's Pack
- NPC rewards: Random item
- Drifting Scourge - spectre
- Drifting Scourge Mage - spectre
- Invisible Stalker
- Phase Spider
- Shrouded Terror - wraith
- Shrouded Terror Mage - wraith
- Umbral Gargoyle
- Umbral Worg