Tomb of the Shadow Knight
|Requires access to : The Necropolis, Part 2|
|Tomb of the Shadow Knight|
|Takes place in:||Tomb of the Shadow Knight|
|Bestowed by:||Gunther Gloomtender|
|NPC contact:||Gunther Gloomtender|
|Quest acquired in:||The Necropolis|
|Patron:||The Silver Flame|
|Free to Play:||No|
Gunther Gloomtender of the Emerald Claw has tasked you with the unenviable assignment of exploring the Tomb of the Shadow Knight. Find your way through the tomb, purify the altars, and defeat Mdjaj, the mummy prince.
- Purify the North Altar
- Purify the East Altar
- Purify the South Altar
- Purify the West Altar
- Slay Mdjai
- (Optional) Disable 10 traps Heroic: +50% Bonus.
- (Optional) Disable 20 traps Heroic: +150% Bonus.
- (Optional) Slay Shadow Rogue Heroic: +20% Bonus.
- (Optional) Slay Gloam Heroic: +20% Bonus.
- (Optional) Slay Brume Heroic: +20% Bonus.
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed, some undisarmable)
- Point of no return
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Randomly placed lever (in the south wing)
Plenty of traps (21 total disarmable)
Tips and Misc
- Useful spells: Resist Cold/Electricity/Fire, Restoration.
- Ghost Touch weapons are essential; almost every monster is incorporeal.
- Plenty of shrines (4, 1 in each section).
- The path to the South Altar can be opened without 2nd player or a hireling by using a ranged weapon on the lever directly above the lever on the floor.
- Note: You must be just within the first set of gates, and it still may take a number of shots to trigger the inner gates down and the outer gates up.
- Beware of the Shadow Rogue; He is an invisible stalker, so you will not see him at all (and you'll probably end up slaying him by accident too.)
- Tamper bonus: 11 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Observance bonus: 1 or more secret door discovered +8% Bonus.
- Vigilant Sight bonus: 4 or more secret doors discovered +15% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 95 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 123 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 152 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: Chests in every section where keys are located, 2 chests upon defeating Mdjai
- Collectables: 7
- Adventurer's Pack due E of the entrance
- Adventurer's Pack in the first room leading to the W altar
- Moss just N of the entrance
- Adventurer's Pack in the NE corner of the circular hallway
- Moss in the first room leading to the E altar
- Crude Altar in the SE corner of the circular highway
- Moss outside the exit from the S altar
- NPC rewards: Random item
|Dread Wraith (view)||Undead||Wraith|
|Gloam (NoPic)||Magical Beast||Spider|
|Shadow Rogue (NoPic)||Elemental||Invisible Stalker|
|Drifting Scourge Mage (NoPic)||Undead||Spectre|
|Drifting Scourge (NoPic)||Undead||Spectre|
|Dun Butcher (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Fated Revenant (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Phase Spider (view)||Magical Beast||Spider|
|Shadow (Mabar) (view)||Undead||Shadow|
|Shrouded Terror Mage (NoPic)||Undead||Wraith|
|Shrouded Terror (NoPic)||Undead||Wraith|
|Twilight Channeler (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Umbral Gargoyle (view)||Undead||Shadow|
|Umbral Worg (NoPic)||Undead||Shadow|