|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
Tomb of the Shadow Lord
From DDO wiki
|Tomb of the Shadow Lord|
|Heroic XP:||♣1,672 ♦2,956 ♥3,124 ♠3,292|
|Takes place in:||Tomb of the Shadow Lord|
|NPC contact:||Xaeon Penthrax|
|Quest acquired in:||The Necropolis|
|Patron:||The Silver Flame|
|Free to Play:||No|
|Requires access to adventure pack: Necropolis Part 2|
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Access the East Chamber
- Access the Central Junction
- Access the West Chamber
- Access Nebtawi's Chamber
What to Expect
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Requires extra player(s)/hireling(s) (mandatory: the party has to split several times in order to pull simultaneously several pairs of levers)
Tips and Misc
- Useful spells: Resist Acid, Cold, Fire.
- This quest requires either a hireling or at least two players to use the levers. It will also force the team to split at two points in order to advance.
- Two lever puzzles will require the levers to be pulled simultaneously. A solo player and careful use of a hireling is possible at both of these.
- It is possible to complete with a single hireling, one Dimension Door (or recall/reentry), and avoidance of the routes that cross the drawbridges.
- Solo with Hireling:
- Set lackey at one door (north or south), highlight lever, then go to other door. Have lackey open that door. Hit all switches on that side. Dim-Door or Recall.
- Now, do the opposite side, hit all switches, bridge is down, both sides open. One chest has an invisible ladder, the other a ledge running around to it.
- Center set of switches, flip both at same time, door stays open.
- Next set of switches, similar as first. This time all you have to do is follow path around, and you'll get to the other door. Don't forget to hit all switches and look for secret doors.
- This YouTube video shows one way to solo this quest with a single hireling.
- It is also possible to solo this quest with a single hireling and no Dimension Door. You can still get Conquest, Observance, and Vandal bonuses if you so desire. As shown in the above video, hit all the switches in the first area to clear out the spawns. Have the hireling hit the bottom switch while you go in through the top door. Pull the lever you find on the ground in the next room. Take the right door at the first shrine room where the path splits and clear out that area. Equip your True Seeing item and walk along the ledge out of the room until you can target the chest and lever through the wall. Go back to the shrine room and take the other door. Clear out that area and kill Aphotic (required). Use the hireling to hit both switches in that room and pass through the gate to the next area. Run all the way to the end of the hall past the secret door (no shrine on Elite) and pull the lever on the gated wall. You now have complete access to the large room with the transparent ladder and the chest, the second secret door (always a shrine), and the final boss. Use the hireling to open the final gate when you get to that room and defeat the mummy!
- Bug: since U13.2, when the party split up, if you are on the upper area and too close to the bridge when it is dropped down, you will pass through it as if there is no bridge at all. Going back a bit and then crossing it may allow you to pass.
- Aggression bonus: ~81 monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: ~108 monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: ~137 monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Observance bonus: 1 secret door discovered +8% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 79 breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 103 breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 127 breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 2 end chests, 2 chests up ladders behind banners
- NPC rewards: Random item
- Drifting Scourge - Spectre
- Drifting Scourge Mage - Spectre
- Dun Butcher - Human
- Fated Revenant - Human
- Gloomstreaker - Human
- Shrouded Terror - Wraith
- Shrouded Terror Mage - Wraith
- Twilight Channeler - Human
- Umbral Gargoyle
- Umbral Worg