|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
The Bloody Crypt
|Requires access to adventure pack: Necropolis Part 1|
|The Bloody Crypt|
|Heroic XP:||♦5,200 ♥5,540 ♠5,880|
|Takes place in:||The Bloody Crypt|
|NPC contact:||Loremistress Jinna|
|Quest acquired in:||The Necropolis|
|Patron:||The Silver Flame|
|Free to Play:||No|
Loremistress Jinna tasked you with the destruction of an ancient alchemist named Salasso. She warned you that his power is great and unless his heart is found and destroyed, he is truly immortal.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Slay Brother Salasso
- Acquire The Heretical Path
- (Optional) Vanquish the Abbot's Blood Legion
- (Optional) Slay 3 Priests of the Immortal Heart
- (Optional) Slay 3 Priests of the Sanguine Heart
- (Optional) Slay 3 Priests of the Burning Heart
- (Optional) Slay 3 Priests of the Crimson Heart
- (Optional) Slay Gullet the Famished One
- (Optional) Slay Atraktos the Leper
- (Optional - no XP/ not listed) First upgrade of Emerald Claw Nugget or Silver Flame Nugget.
What to Expect
- Spawning/respawning monsters
Tips and Misc
- Useful elemental resists: acid, fire, sonic.
- Before you enter this quest be sure you have acquired either the Emerald Claw Nugget(talk to Pok Tranh in the Necropolis) or Silver Flame Nugget(talk to Jakob Izakanos in the Necropolis) so you can perform your first upgrade on them at the ritual altar in the end chamber.
- This is a fairly long quest in which your primary goal is to slay Brother Salasso, a Red Named vampire, and obtain his book "The Heretical Path". This is the end of the first part of the Necropolis series, and at the end of the quest you will be able to upgrade your Silver Flame or Emerald Claw trinket.
- The dungeon is reasonably straightforward, but rather long and can tends to feel like a maze. A well equipped group can split up to handle both sides of the map at the same time. The mobs can get pretty thick and even trigger a dungeon alert if you do too much rushing. There is very little to get a well equipped party or a strong solo character into much trouble.
- Starting out, you will need to enter the central room and hit all four switches to unlock the east and west sides of the dungeon. There are three rest shrines - one in the center and two on the far east and west sides. The eastern and western shrines may be guarded by orange named undead.
- Each "path" consists of a run through twisted corridors past a room that is sealed by magic. On each path you will find orange named priests as well as a moderate number of undead, including casters. Fight your way to the switch (and keep an eye out for a chest) in each path. The switch unseals the room you passed on the way in. Expect a few more undead in the torch rooms and light each torch.
- Once all the torches are lit, return to the central shrine - the entrance to Brother Salasso's den will be open. Armored Wights will constantly re-spawn in this area (enabling conquest) and Brother Salasso will be completely invulnerable until you locate his heart. His heart will be located in one of the many coffins lining the walls of the room. You will know that you are standing in front of the correct coffin when the Dungeon Master announces, "The stones at your feet are worn smooth." Selecting the correct coffin will relay the following message: Blood Coffin says, 'Salasso's still-beating heart bursts into flame as the coffin's seal is broken. You reach inside, only to find a pile of cold ashes.'
- Brother Salasso will teleport short distances during combat and makes good use of hold person and dominate spells. Kill him quickly and you should have no issues.
- Once Brother Salasso is dead, the barrier blocking access to the altar will drop and you will be able to pick up "The Heretical Path" from the book stand nearby.
- Don't forget to use the ritual Altar for your first upgrade of your Emerald Claw Nugget or Silver Flame Nugget.
- If you're after onslaught/conquest bonuses, the wights in the final area respawn fairly quickly, so you can skip some enemies and kill those a few times instead to get them.
- Aggression bonus: 172 monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 215-230 monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 282 monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 65 breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 84 breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 104 breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Note about bonus XP: Kills bonuses will vary a bit from run to run, as they are based on a percentage of total kills, and some monsters in this quest are random.
- Chests: One chest for defeating Brother Salasso. One chest each for slaying the orange named undead at the east and west shrines. Other chests located in each "path", usually near the switches.
- NPC rewards: Random item
- Alveo - +1 Large Shield: Unbalancing (-2 AC to mobs when they hit you), Purple Augment Slot (End Chest)
- Docent of Blood - Docent: Blood (+10% Healing Amplification, -10% Fortification), Blue Augment Slot (End Chest)
- Goggles of Intuition - Goggles: Sneak Attack Bonus +2, Colorless Augment Slot (End Chest) (End Chest)
- Goggles of Shielding - Goggles: Exclusive, Shield, Lesser False Life, Green Augment Slot (End Chest)
- Lacerator - +1 Scimitar(1.5[2d4]): Bleed, Red Augment Slot (End Chest)
- Mantle of Stria - Cloak: Axeblock, Yellow Augment Slot (End Chest)
- Pall of Blood - Robe: Armor Bonus +4, Necromancy Focus, Green Augment Slot (End Chest)
- Emerald Claw Amulet - Necklace: Cause Fear , Diplomacy +3 (The Bloody Crypt altar)
- Silver Flame Amulet - Necklace: Negative Energy Absorption (The Bloody Crypt altar)
- Atraktos the Leper - Optional orange-named wight
- Brother Salasso - Red-named vampire. End boss; always spawns
- Gullet the Famished One - Optional orange-named wight
- Priest of the Immortal Heart - Optional orange-named humans
- Priest of the Sanguine Heart - Optional orange-named humans
- Priest of the Burning Heart - Optional orange-named humans
- Priest of the Crimson Heart - Optional orange-named humans