Tomb of the Crimson Heart
|Requires access to adventure pack: Necropolis Part 1|
Outlaws and penitents languish for all time in this place of torture and vile darkness.
|Tomb of the Crimson Heart|
|Heroic XP:||♣871 ♦1,556 ♥1,660 ♠1,764|
|Takes place in:||Tomb of the Crimson Heart|
|Bestowed by:||Fram Redbones|
|NPC contact:||Fram Redbones|
|Quest acquired in:||The Necropolis|
|Patron:||The Silver Flame|
|Free to Play:||No|
After consulting the halfling Fram Redbones, you learn of a guardian in an ancient tomb within the Necropolis. Enter the Tomb of the Crimson Heart and destroy that guardian.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Destroy the guardian, Khnumhotep
- Open the way using the runed skulls
- (Optional) Free the survivors of the Silver Flame expedition (Free 2 - 20% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay Priest of the Crimson Heart (Human) (20% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay Shrouded Terror (Wraith) (20% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay Gullet the Famished One (Rare Wight) (20% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay Atraktos the Leper (Rare Wight) (20% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay Kabran the Vile (Rare Wight) (20% of base XP)
What to Expect
- Traps (random)
- Multiple quest entrances (2)
- Randomly placed collectables
- Randomly placed NPCs (optional: 2)
- Randomly placed runes (mandatory: 4, require an 8+ CON check)
- Contains the entrance to another instance (to Bloody Crypt Junction)
- Randomly placed shrine (the northern shrine can be found either NW or NE)
- 3 flaming dart traps
- 2 blade traps
- 1 cold trap
Tips and Misc
- This quest can be very quick XP per minute if you can complete it quickly and get the optionals. Doing so efficiently can be difficult, however, as the quest features MANY random elements: named wights, the location of the runes and chests, and one of the shrines may or may not appear. Therefore, it will require a lot of practice learning where the possible locations are for each.
- Slay Priest of the Crimson Heart is a very easy optional since you need only kill one, and there are many of these in the quest.
- There are three shrines in this adventure. One is located directly west, while the other two are behind hidden doors in the northwest and northeast - usually only one will be there in an instance, but rarely both will appear.
- You need to find 4 runes to open the end of the quest. The runes are very small - keep your eyes open. They spawn on random skulls throughout the quest. Also, there are a number of doorways that can be broken down, but you'll need someone with strength of 20 or more to do so (or fire spells to burn them). (Not sure what the actual number is, but my strength of 18 was not enough.) They can also be picked.
- The Silver Flame survivors are behind a secret door in the passage to the western shrine room.
- Aggression bonus: 69 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 89 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 4 or more traps disarmed +8% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 5 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 6 or more traps disarmed +15% Bonus.
- Observance bonus: 2 or more secret doors discovered +8% Bonus.
- Perception bonus: 3 or more secret doors discovered +10% Bonus.
- Vigilant Sight bonus: 4 or more secret doors discovered +15% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 21 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 27 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 33 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: Total 5-8
- 1 for slaying the Shrouded Terror (Random location)
- 1 in the west prison guarded by a Priest of the Crimson Heart
- 1 in the east prison, south wing guarded by a Priest of the Crimson Heart
- 2 after end fight
- 1 additional possible in west prison if one of the named wights appear
- 1 possible in west secret prison if one of the named wights appear
- 1 possible in east prison, north wing if one of the named wights appear
- Altar: 7
- Rubble: 2
- Adventurer's Pack: 3
- Moss: 2
- Possible Collectables: Blade of the Dark Six, Caravan Logbook, Cryptmoss Queen, Cryptmoss Worm, Cryptmoss Worm Larva, Glittering Dust, Luminescent Dust, Lush Cryptmoss, Phoenix Tavern Purchase Order, Powdered Blood, Research Diary, Signet of the Devourer, Skull Fragment, Sparkling Dust, 'Wavecrasher' Cargo Manifest, Withered Cryptmoss
- Mobs drop Necropolis turn-in collectables
- NPC rewards: Standard, Select from 8, (up to Ml2 items)
- Barrow Wight - Wight
- Carrion Feeder - Ghoul
- Charnel Wight - Wight
- Corpse Glutton - Ghast
- Death's Advocate - Human Necromancer
- Gallows Wight - Wight
- Pestilent Huntsman - Human
- Grim Harvester - Human Necromancer
- Risen Servitor - Zombie
- Scion of Wrath - Human Necromancer
- Sepulcher Wight - Wight
- Shrouded Terror - Optional wraith