|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
The Coin Lords have devised a plan to use a local minotaur tribe to frame Hesstess, the Droaam ambassador.
|Heroic XP:||♣2,220 ♦3,879 ♥4,060 ♠4,240|
|Takes place in:||Matador Village|
|NPC contact:||Gavin Northus|
|Quest acquired in:||Lordsmarch Plaza|
|Patron:||The Coin Lords|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
The monster nation of Droaam is trying to recruit the local monster tribes against Stormreach. The Coin Lords have devised a plan to frame the Droaam ambassador in a local minotaur village. Speak to the warforged wizard Dorris to learn more.
- Diplomatic Impunity must be completed before acquiring this quest (you can't enter the instance if you haven't done it).
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Speak with Dorris
- Assassinate the Minotaur Chieftain
- Plant some rock-solid evidence
- Return to Dorris
- (Optional) Do not let the minotaurs raise the alarm (25% of base XP)
- (Optional) Repair a ballista (7% of base XP)
- (Optional) Find extra ballista parts - 10 total (10% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay some minotaurs - 10 total (6% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay more minotaurs - 10 total (8% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay some more minotaurs - 10 total (8% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay even more minotaurs - 10 total (8% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay, you guessed it, more minotaurs - 10 total (8% of base XP)
- (Optional) Keep slaying minotaurs - 10 total (8% of base XP)
- (Optional) The slaughter of minotaurs must go on - 10 total (8% of base XP)
- (Optional) Don't stop killing minotaurs now - 10 total (8% of base XP)
- (Optional) Finish what you started with the minotaurs - 10 total (8% of base XP)
- (Optional) Kill something other than a minotaur for a change (8% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay all the Cabal Seers - 3 total (20% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay the sleeping giant, Ahnold the Hungry (10% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay the fiendish spider, the Twilight Mother (20% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay the leader of the pack (20% of base XP)
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed)
- Randomly placed collectibles
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Quest item collection (optional: Ballista Parts)
- Randomly placed quest items (optional: Ballista)
- Lots of spike/blades traps on the stairway to the palace; there are 4 control boxes, 2 on either side of the stairs
Tips and Misc
- This adventure can be quite hard for the level. It can be much longer than its medium length rating would suggest; but if you are taking that time to kill minotaurs, it can still be rewarding, as the cumulative bonus stacks up to a total of 70% bonus of base XP.
- That said, it can be completed very quickly, too: With access to invisibility and a 30+ jump score, you can collect sufficient ballista parts in the wild, jump over the wall at the corner of the NW gate (minimum 30+ required?), run south through the bridge, repair the ballista in the SW corner and have it fling you directly to the boss. Use the wand on the minotaur runt, kill and loot.
- Try not to laugh too much as you complete the many optionals of this quest. Slaying minotaurs is amusing until they swarm you in impressive numbers.
- You must turn at least one minotaur into stone to successfully complete the quest. Dorris will give you a 5-charge wand for this, which is usable by anyone.
- The Cabal Seers can inflict negative levels and have instant-death effects (used rarely on Normal, but often on Hard and Elite), so make sure to have Deathblock items and Death Ward available.
- The fortress is a very tight, built up area; Jump buffs make moving around MUCH easier.
- A handy tactic is to clear the small section of the fortress first, then send someone to grab aggro and lead minotaurs across the bridges. There, you can drop firewalls, Blade Barriers and other damaging spells in their path. This is also a great tactic for rangers with improved precise shot and a paralyzing bow!
- The Minotaur Runts tend to be the ones that run for the warning gongs. If you want to complete the stealthy optional, kill them quickly (or use the wand Dorris gives you on them). However, if you are going for the slayer optional chain, you will need to allow the gongs to be rung (or ring them yourself) to spawn enough minotaurs to reach the goal. Using the wand to petrify a minotaur DOES NOT count towards your kills (don't waste it on bosses!).
- After killing all the minotaurs, you need to kill at least one non-minotaur mob for the final slaying bonus. There are some worgs inside the fortress, but plenty of animals in the wilderness area outside if you haven't killed them all while gathering ballista parts. Two panthers always spawn next to Dorris after you complete the quest.
- There are more than enough parts to repair two ballistas, although only one is required to complete the optional objective. Repair a ballista outside the fortress to fling you inside, and then another ballista can be repaired inside the fort near the chieftain's compound to fling you over the wall and bypass the trapped gate.
- There is a repaired ballista inside the boss's compound that will fling you directly back to Dorris to quickly complete the quest.
- This quest is completed once you speak to Dorris after killing the chieftain and turning at least one minotaur to stone. So, you can take your time in completing any remaining optionals after killing the boss, including clearing his compound of breakables and ringing gongs (if you are going for the slaying optional) to rack up bonuses.
- If you slay every minotaur, Dorris's originally snide attitude changes humorously.
- Devious bonus: 5 monsters killed +7% Bonus.
- Aggression bonus: 134 monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 175 monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 2 traps disarmed +8% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 3 traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 4 traps disarmed +15% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 60 breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 78 breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 95-96 breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus is unachievable.
- Chests: ♦ 5 - 8 / ♥ 5 - 8 / ♠ 7 - 10
- 3 optional for killing the Cabal Seers (Minotaurs, can spawn in multiple locations, found inside the fortress)
- 1 optional for killing the Pack Master (White Wolf, doesn't always spawn, found outside the fortress in the SE corner of the map)
- 1 optional for killing the Twilight Mother (Spider, doesn't always spawn, found outside the fortress in the SW corner of the map)
- 1 optional for killing Ahnold the Hungry (Hill Giant, doesn't always spawn, found outside the fortress near the NW shrine)
- ♦ 1 / ♥ 1 / ♠ 2 for killing the Minotaur Chieftain
- ♦ 1 / ♥ 1 / ♠ 2 optional at the end from Dorris if you killed all the minotaurs or if you haven't let them raise the alarm (no chest is awarded on casual difficulty)
- Collectables: Fifteen
- Outside the city (6)
- Mushroom near a tree southeast of the city gates
- Mushroom in one of several spots southeast of the city
- Fungus in one of several spots southeast of the city
- Mushroom in one of several spots southwest of the city
- Fungus in one of several spots southwest of the city
- Mushroom in the far southwest
- Inside the city (9)
- Two Crude Altars in the northwest section of the city
- Outside the city (6)
- NPC rewards:
- Bloody Cleaver - +4 Falchion: Bleed, Human Bane, Bodyfeeder, Fusible [ML:10, BtC on Equip] (Minotaur Chief chest)
- Scepter of the Fleshweaver - +4 Club: Stone to Flesh, Greater Transmutation Focus, Intelligence +5, Fragmented [ML:10]
- Snakeskin Vest - +5 Leather Armor: Search +10, Spot +10, Proof Against Poison, Greater Nimbleness [ML:8, BtA]
- Brown Twilight Spiders - Brown Spiders
- Dire Wolves
- Matador Runts - Minotaurs; the ones who'll strike the gongs
- Matador Shamans - Minotaur Clerics
- Matador Warriors - Minotaur Fighters
- Twilight Darkfangs - Darkfang Spiders
- Twilight Widows - Black Widows
- Worg Sentinels - Worgs
- Ahnold the Hungry - Optional orange-named hill giant rare
- Leader of the Pack - Optional orange-named winter wolf rare
- Matador Cabal Seers - Red-named minotaur shamans
- Matador Chieftain - Red-named minotaur; end boss
- Orom - Red-named orc
- Thorngak - Red-named ogre magi
- The Twilight Mother - Optional red-named black widow rare; casts Hypnotic Pattern and Delayed Blast Fireballs