|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
Droaam has anchored its ships off a remote section of coast protected by thick jungle.
|Heroic XP:||♣2,100 ♦3,669 ♥3,839 ♠4,010|
|Takes place in:||The Skyfall Coast|
|NPC contact:||Naleen Lassite|
|Quest acquired in:||Lordsmarch Plaza|
|Patron:||The Coin Lords|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
An ambassador from the monster kingdom of Droaam has recently arrived in the city. The Coin Lords want you to investigate the recent Droaam landing on the Skyfall Coast.
To reach the Skyfall Coast, exit Lordsmarch Plaza by the south gate to the Twelve. Then take the path next to the inn to reach the Skyfall Coast.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Speak with Henritta Daes
- Make contact with Ullevian near a beach toward the southwest
- Bring news of the Droaam invasion to Henritta
- Gather near the entrance to the southern passage
- Travel into the southern mountains and confront the Droaam War Captain
- Slay Ilos Hrolk
- (Optional) Slay the vile jungle scorpion, Needleclaw (10% of base XP)
- (Optional) Dispatch the jungle panther, Bashevis (10% of base XP)
- (Optional) Parley for passage through the Vinethrasher Clan's village (10% of base XP)
- Only one of the following two is possible:
- (Optional) Survive trial-by-combat against Kukennama (10% of base XP)
- (Optional) Eliminate the Vinethrasher Clan (10% of base XP)
- (Optional) Defend against the angered Vinethrasher horde (10% of base XP)
- (Optional) Kill Ilos Hrolk's guards first (10% of base XP) - does not appear on Normal
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed, some undisarmable)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Optional Skill Check (Intimidate/Diplomacy)
- Four fire traps from statues at the end fight; control boxes (4) are on either side of the door, and up the stairs to either side of the platform. The control boxes cannot be found with Search until the War Captain enables the traps (when he's roughly at 75% HP).
Tips and Misc
- This is a large open area. This walkthrough is an attempt to guide you in the direction you need to take.
- Many mobs do additional elemental damage. Useful resists are acid (against Melf's Acid Arrow), cold, electricity and fire (against their arrows and fire walls).
- There are 2 shrines and an additional one at the entrance to the Vinethrasher Clan (Norm/Hard).
- Speak with Henritta Daes. She tells you to go SW. There's a path to the NW but it doesn't go anywhere. Head out to the east to get to your destination, killing scorpions, panthers and wildmen as you go.
- If you avoid the sandy areas, the scorpions won't sense your presence. One way to do so is to hug the northern wall.
- Smash the root walls when you get to them. Kill the jungle panthers and the wildmen that spawn once you're near the shrine and gong. Loot the chest. Ringing the gong does nothing.
- Head south and west. At the path intersection, head north. Assemble the whole party at Ullevian, and talk to him.
- Go back north and east; take on the Droaam soldiers. Head north for the wildmen shrine, then east and south to get back to the main path.
- Loop back around to the north and west, killing Droaam parties along the way or evading them with invisibility. Talk to Henritta.
- Note: If you Parley with the wildmen (see below), you can get to Henritta and back more directly, avoiding the Droaam patrols.
- Loop back around east and south, to the southern passage. Assemble the party at the root wall, at which point you can smash it to proceed. Keep heading south, killing Droaam troops that appear.
- When your approach the War Captain's door, he'll order the Droaam troops to stand down. After breaking down the last root wall, one player can rush ahead using invisibility to the door. The path will then be clear for the other players.
- Once you get to the War Captain's door, get ready for the end fight. There are four fire traps to be disabled through the door, but the boxes cannot be located until Ilos Hrolk (the War Captain) triggers them (when he's roughly at 75% HP).
- Speak to Ilos Hrolk. He'll try to recruit you; sadly, you can't accept his offer. Buff up and start the fight!
- If you kill the guards first, you can get an additional end chest and possibly XP (Hard/Elite only). Don't forget the ones outside the gate.
- Needleclaw may appear either northwest of the first shrine or to the southwest (after circling around south, past the Panther Den).
- Bashevis may appear either in the Panther Den (south of the first shrine) or among rocks to the southwest (again, after circling around south).
- The angered Vinethrasher horde will appear near a large pond north of the second shrine. You can get there by either going west from the Panther Den (through the root wall), and then north past the shrine, or north from the root wall and then west. Either way, you'll have to loop east-south-north to get back to the shrine.
- To Parlay: go south from the second shrine, and then west across the bridge. Convince the gate-keeper to let you into the village (just keep talking if you can't Diplo/Intimidate). Talk to Zharig the Vinethrasher.
- Diplomacy: Zharig will let you through peacefully (0 succeeded on Normal). This won't let you fight the champion or eliminate the tribe.
- Intimidate: You can fight the entire tribe for bonus XP & a chest.
- Simply talking without using diplomacy or intimidate allows you to fight just the champion Kukennama for bonus XP & a chest.
- Devious bonus: 14 monsters killed +7% Bonus.
- Discreet bonus: 35 monsters killed +5% Bonus.
- Aggression bonus: >104 monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 2 traps disarmed +8% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 3 traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 4 traps disarmed +15% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 11 breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 14 breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 17 breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- To get the kills bonus, you will need to fight respawned scorpions and jungle panthers. They stop respawning after you talk to Ullevian, other than a few scorpions east of the Large Pond (the second location for Needleclaw).
- Chests: ♦ 3 - 5 / ♥ 5 - 7 / ♠ 6 - 8
- 1 optional for killing Needleclaw (Scorpion, doesn't always spawn, found either before the first shrine or in a clearing northwest of the Panther Den (south of the Small Pond; however, you can't hack through the roots that way)
- 1 optional for killing Bashevis (Jungle Panther, doesn't always spawn, found either in a small cave past the first shrine or by the rocks to the southwest)
- 1 optional for killing the angered Vinethrasher horde (Wildmen, found past the second shrine, near the gong near the Large Pond)
- 1 optional for killing Kukennama or for eliminating the Vinethrasher Clan when parleying for passage through the Vinethrasher Clan's village
- ♦ 0 / ♥ 1 / ♠ 1 optional for killing Ilos Hrolk's guards first (Orcs and Gnoll casters)
- ♦ 1 / ♥ 2 / ♠ 3 at the end for killing Ilos Hrolk (Orc)
- Collectables: Nine
- Mushroom past the root wall and tunnel
- Mushroom along northern path
- Mold southwest of the Panther Den
- Mushroom near the gong by the Large Pond
- Mushroom at the crossroads south of the second shrine
- Mushroom to the west
- Mushroom in the Vinethrasher village, to the northwest
- Fungus to the west of the Vinethrasher Village
- Mushroom along the Southern Passage, towards the
- NPC rewards: Standard +3-+7 items & weapons; choose from 7.
- Battered Guardian Shield - +3 Heavy Steel Shield: Life Shield, Immunity to Fear, Resistance +2 [ML:10, BtC] (Kukennama/Eliminate the Clan chest)
- Katra's Wit - Ring: Charisma +5, Diplomacy +10, Wrath of Sora Kell set bonus, Battle-Scarred [ML:11] (End chests, including the extra chests for H/E)
- Shield of Reflecting - +5 Large Shield: Absorb Petrification (5/rest), Stone Prison Guard [ML:10, BtC] (Kukennama/Eliminate the Clan chest)
- Wand of Blasting - Wand: Elemental Surge (CL:12, 10/rest) [Wizard, Sorcerer, UMD:35] [ML:10, BtC, Exclusive] (End chest)
- Droaam Conscripts - Orc melees
- Droaam Infantry - Orc melees
- Droaam Skirmishers - Orc archers
- Droaam Warmages - Gnoll wizards
- Droaam Warpriests - Gnoll clerics
- Jungle Panthers
- Jungle Scorpions
- Vinethrasher Hunters - Wildman wizards
- Vinethrasher Shamans - Wildman clerics
- Vinethrasher Warriors - Wildman fighters
- Bashevis - Optional orange-named lion rare
- Ilos Hrolk <War Captain> - Red-named orc; end boss
- Kukennama <Vinethrasher Champion> - Optional red-named wildman; always spawns if you talk to Zharig without using diplomacy
- Needleclaw - Optional orange-named scorpion rare
- Zharig - Optional red-named wildman; always spawns if you talk to him without using diplomacy or intimidate