|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
Bring Me the Head of Ghola-Fan!
|Requires access to adventure pack: The Restless Isles|
Under the leadership of powerful creatures like the Ogre Magi, the savage ogres of the Restless Isles represent a dire threat to the peaceful peoples of Xen'drik.
|Bring Me the Head of Ghola-Fan!|
|Heroic XP:||♣2,220 ♦3,900 ♥4,100 ♠4,299|
|Takes place in:||Ghola Fan's Compound|
|NPC contact:||Mul Tong|
|Quest acquired in:||Restless Isles|
|Patron:||The Free Agents|
|Free to Play:||No|
This quest is given by visiting Mul Tong on his island in the Restless Isles. For those who have been bestowed the quest at least once before, you can short cut to get to the quest giver by speaking to the Runetusk guide at the end of the first passage when you use the elevator from the Restless Isles. Those who have not run the quest before will have to fight their way to the quest giver.
This quest gives one side of the Dal Quor Sigil - the Broken Sigil. The other is gained from Slavers of the Shrieking Mines.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Kill Ghola-Fan
- Defeat the Iron Golems
- Defeat Tako the Killer
- Defeat Taskmaster Tar-Lom
- Defeat the Warden
- Defeat Ur-Keshik the Seer
- (Optional) Kill 30 Ogre Brutes (10% of Base XP)
- (Optional) Kill 20 Ogre Cutthroats (10% of Base XP)
- (Optional) Kill 15 Ogre Mystics (10% of Base XP)
- (Optional) Divert the attention of the guards by freeing their captives (5% of Base XP)
- (Optional) Defeat Ghola-Fan's Royal Guard (15% of Base XP)
- (Optional) Retrieve the damaged ogre skull (5% of Base XP)
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed, some undisarmable)
- Chaos orbs
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Spikes (random)
- Passage to Tako the Killer (south east area) has various traps which cannot be disabled. First set are whirling blades. Next are stepping stones (Follow the sequence as displayed on the wall). The next are spike traps (Can be avoided by jumping onto wall in each corner). Next is fiery darts (These are widely enough spacd to run up between 2 paths of fire). Lastly are blades from the floor walls.
- The spiral ramp leading down has a lever at the top of it. This ACTIVATES the blade trap on the ramp. Doing so will take out the ogres on the ramp, but means you will have to negotiate the blades yourself. This can be done by jumping down the central shaft (Has to be done without featherfall, which slows you enough for the blades to get you).
Tips and Misc
- Breaking down the door to reach the entrance to the dungeon requires 22 STR, a knock spell, or a damaging AOE fire spell (fireball or burning hands). Archmage Force Blast also works. Single target spells like Scorching Ray do not work. A 35+ open lock is enough to lockpick them.
- Aggression bonus: 120 monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 156 monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 192 monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 1 trap disarmed +8% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 142 breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 184 breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 227 breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: Several
- Additionally, Ogre Khan's Skull can be found after Ghola-Fan is defeated, go left from Ghola-Fan's throne room and check the bone pile in there. This item helps you making the way to the Twilight Forge raid. To access the bone pile, you must have the Quoriforged Key, purchased from an ogre near the questgiver. This key cannot be repurchased if destroyed.
- Secret door behind boxes in the first treasure room leads to a second.
- NPC rewards: Standard list of items (around 6-8 level weapons, up to 9 level accessories) and Broken Sigil from Mul Tong.
- Fellblade - +4 Falchion: Vertigo +4 (Balcony)
- Mystic Belt - Belt: Shield, Wisdom +5, Yellow Augment Slot (Treasure Room)
- Mystic Band - Tiara: Spell Penetration V, Green Augment Slot, Colorless Augment Slot (Treasure Room)
- Royal Guard Mask - Mask: Teleport (Treasure Room)
- Stave of the Seer - +4 Quarterstaff 1.50[2d6], 19-20x2, INT/WIS to hit/damage: Intelligence +5, Wisdom +5, Use Magical Device +5, True Seeing, Red Augment Slot, Purple Augment Slot (Ur-Keshik the Seer)
- Bugbear Goons
- Iron Golems
- Ogre Brutes
- Ogre Cutthroats
- Ogre Mystics
- Prison Guards - Ogres
- Worg Sentinels
- Ghola-Fan - Red-named ogre magi; end boss
- Royal Guard - Optional orange-named ogre; always spawns
- Tako the Killer - Orange-named ogre; required kill
- Taskamster Tar-Lom - Orange-named ogre; required kill
- Ur-Keshik the Seer - Orange-named ogre; required kill
- Warden Fang - Orange-named ogre; required kill