|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
Slavers of the Shrieking Mines
|Requires access to adventure pack: The Restless Isles|
The Shrieking Mines are named for the winds that howl through its narrow tunnels, sounding like the cries of some tormented soul.
|Slavers of the Shrieking Mines|
|Heroic XP:||♣2,220 ♦3,900 ♥4,100 ♠4,299|
|Takes place in:||The Shrieking Mines|
|NPC contact:||Opu the Elder|
|Quest acquired in:||Restless Isles|
|Patron:||The Free Agents|
|Free to Play:||No|
This quest is given by visiting Opu the Elder on his island in the Restless Isles. For those who have been bestowed this quest at least once before, you can take a shortcut by speaking to the Wildman guide to be found in the first passage.
If you have not run this quest before, you will have to fight your way to the quest giver.
This quest gives one side of the Dal Quor Sigil - the Shattered Sigil. The other is gained from Bring Me the Head of Ghola-Fan!.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Slay the Ogre Magi to free their slaves (Kill 5)
- Kill Boss Durna
- Kill Boss Ur-Fal
- Kill Boss Tanka
- Kill Boss Gullo
- Kill Boss Uzaki
- Slay the mines' Overlords (Kill 3)
- Kill Overlord Imshysh
- Kill Overlord Ythrixid
- Kill Overlord Villixill
- (Failure) Kill no more than 10 miners
- (Optional) Defeat the Beholders (Kill 2 - Bugged: Not possible to complete as 1 is missing) (25% of base XP)
- (Optional) Kill the Turncoats (Kill 40) (25% of base XP)
- (Optional) Retrieve the artifact from the cache (5% of base XP)
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed and random)
- Overlapping floors
- Quest failure (if more than 10 Wildman Miners are killed)
Tips and Misc
- Acid for ogre mages
- Electricity for ogre mages
- Fire for ogre mages
- Sonic for traps
Before you start killing stuff, remind your party members that killing 10 Wildman Miners results in quest failure. Watch your opponents - some means of crowd control comes in handy here and area of effect spells such as Wall of Fire are bad. Kill the wildmen in BLUE, who are called Wildman Turncoat. Do not kill the wildmen in WHITE, who are called Wildman Miner.
Concentrate on killing the ogre/s controlling a group of Wildman Miners. Once the ogres are dead, the wildman miners will turn to "friends" and you will no longer be able to kill them.
In many places, it is simple to lure the ogres away from the miners. The miners are usually only alerted when party members come close to them, and they are not alerted when the ogre brutes notice the party. There may be some exceptions where the ogre magi explicitly call the miners to fight for them, and there are some places where you cannot see all of the ogre brutes without walking close to some of the miners.
Follow the dungeon. Going downwards is easiest - unless, of course, you fall off. There are sonic traps that are operated by a wildman miner banging a gong. If you have a caster in your group, you can cast Flesh to Stone on them and they'll stop banging the gong; however, they usually eventually save even if you cast Enervation or Energy Drain. You might find it easier to kill them, if you can be sure you won't kill too many other miners - there are around five sonic traps.
There is a beholder near the one and only shrine. Despite what the quest objective says, there are no other beholders.
- Aggression bonus: 95 monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 124 monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 152 monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 1 trap disarmed +8% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 90 breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 118 breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 144 breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
When you get to the central caverns, there are ogres all over the place, who really like their ranged weapons.
- Chests: Three
- 1 locked with 3 ogres
- 1 in Lord Villixill's room
- 1 in Lord Ythrixid's room
- NPC rewards: Random items
- Resonant Guard Suit - +5 Light Armor: Sonic Guard, Improved Sonic Resistance, Move Silently -10, Blue Augment Slot
- Ring of Resonance - Ring: Protection +3, Sonic Guard (locked chest)
- Ring of the Ancestors - Ring: Raise Dead, Required Alignment: Good (No UMD DC) (Lord Ythrixid)
- Shrieking Star - +4 Morningstar [1d10]: Glass, Roaring, Shrieking, Red Augment Slot (Locked chest)
- Boss Durna - Orange-named ogre magi; required kill
- Boss Gullo - Orange-named ogre magi; required kill
- Boss Tanka - Orange-named ogre magi; required kill
- Boss Ur-Fal - Orange-named ogre magi; required kill
- Boss Uzaki - Orange-named ogre magi; required kill
- Lord Imshysh - Red-named mind flayer; required kill
- Lord Villixill - Red-named mind flayer; required kill
- Lord Ythrixid - Red-named mind flayer; required kill