|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
The Restless Isles
The Restless Isles are your starting point to get to the Twilight Forge.
This adventure zone is accessed through The Foothold.
- You must finish Hiding in Plain Sight to be able to get to the Restless Isles through the entrance in the Marketplace Airship Tower.
- You can also gain access to the isles with the level 3 Ship Navigator, or the lvl 2 if you have the explorer area's quest in your journal.
- The Greater Teleport spell will transport you and your party to the foothold.
- A Bracelet of Friends or Greater Bracelet of Friends can be used if the party member is at the foothold.
- None of the teleport options or the navigator will work if you do not have access to the adventure pack.
- If you do not flag for the trip with Hiding in Plain Sight, you will not be able to use the Wayfinder in the Marketplace. You must continue using alternative methods (as above).
- DC to open locked chests 51 failed. 54 passed.
Note: If you fall off from any of the islands, you will die, even if you have Feather Falling. (Hirelings are unaffected by the death effect.)
In addition to the Rare Encounter / Slayer / Explorer quests typical to all Wilderness Adventure Areas, the following quests can be found in this zone:
- Bring Me the Head of Ghola-Fan! and its quest giver
- Slavers of the Shrieking Mines and its quest giver
- The Twilight Forge and The Titan Awakes
 Quests By Favor
|Quest Name||Quest Level||Total Favor||Patron|
|Bring Me the Head of Ghola-Fan!||10||18||The Free Agents|
|Slavers of the Shrieking Mines||10||18||The Free Agents|
|The Twilight Forge||11||30||The Free Agents|
|The Titan Awakes||12||18||The Free Agents|
|Total||4 Quests||84 Favor|
 Rare Encounters
- Slay Snikkit, the tunnel scorpion
- Slay Kaedak, the wildman outcast
- Slay Than Hap, the charred sacrifice
- Slay 10 Restless Island Denizens - 445 XP = 44.5 xp/kill
- Slay 25 Restless Island Denizens - 606 XP = 40.4 xp/kill
- Slay 50 Restless Island Denizens - 835 XP = 33.4 xp/kill
- Slay 100 Restless Island Denizens - 1,267 XP = 25.3 xp/kill
- Slay 200 Restless Island Denizens - 2,080 XP = 20.8 xp/kill
- Slay 400 Restless Island Denizens - 3,700 XP = 18.5 xp/kill
- Slay 750 Restless Island Denizens - 6,270 XP = 17.9 xp/kill
- Slay 1500 Restless Island Denizens - 13,162 XP = 17.5 xp/kill
- Discover the sacrificial sepulcher
- Explore the wildman alcove (requires Horrid Golden Figurine from Slavers of the Shrieking Mines)
- Discover the Island of scorrow outcasts
- Uncover the mutinous wildmen cabal
- Discover the wildmen sanctuary
- Find the place of ancient sacrifice
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
 Paths to quests
These paths assume you have a rogue to pick doors. (Unlock DCs are 45.) Otherwise you need to kill some ogres to get Runetusk Keys. Also there are several gates which can be opened by killing monsters nearby.
Before you can enter this area you have to pay off Karn Cold-Trail at the Foothold for 10,000 gold or convincing him via bluff (2,000 gold), intimidate or diplomacy (DC: 23 - 5,000 gold). Otherwise, his crew on the island will refuse to help, including Ostler Caulstone who will not repair the sigil for you. As soon as Karn is convinced, Ostler will work as a merchant and Laina the Excoriated will serve as tavern keeper and soul binder.
 To Shrieking Mines
- Go to the first locked door past the wildman guide, take the lift up, and kill the ogres until you acquire a key.
- Head back down that same shaft and go through the first locked door, then take the lift up
- Cross the bridge to the other island, and take the lift down
- Walk until you get to the next lift up
- Cross the bridge to the other island, and take the lift down
- You will see wildman guide, go right at the intersection, and continue until you find a (locked) gate
- The entrance of the Shrieking Mines is on your left, but you need the quest first, so go through the door
- Go left at the intersection, and continue until you get to the 2nd lift up (the 1st takes to an explorer and wildmen, and keep going past the door with more wildmen)
- Rest at shrine, get the quest, then come back to the Shrieking Mines entrance
- Instead of going through the first locked door, go left and take the lift up
- Cross the bridge to the next island, and take the lift down
- Go left immediately
- Go through the locked gate, ignore the next 2 lifts (1 on your left, 1 ahead)
- Ignore the locked door on your right, go through the next locked door in front of you
- Continue and take the lift up
- You're standing in front of the Ghola-Fan's palace... but you need the quest first, so take right and cross the bridge to the next island and go down the lift (DC to knock door open 52-54 )
- Ignore the two locked doors on the sides and go to the lift up
- Rest at shrine, take the quest
- You can now go back to the Ghola-Fan's compound in the same way, but you should instead purchase the key from Mizuma. You can then use it on the shortcut - the locked door on the right (on your way back in the underwater passage).
 To the Twilight Forge
- Follow the first two steps of the Ghola-Fan instructions above
- Instead of going left, go straight in front of you this time (you fight 2 ogre magi) till you get to a large group of nine monsters
- Take a right at the guarded door and give the ogre there your Ogre Khan's Skull (found in Ghola-Fan)
- Up the ladder and head straight until you get to a wildman and give him the Horrid Golden Figurine (found in Shrieking Mines)
- Keep going straight until you hit a rock wall with a lever on the left
- Follow the path to the gate and you're at the Volcano's Mouth
 Volcano's Mouth
- An ancient warforged watches over the entrance to the The Twilight Forge.
- A repaired and completed Sigil of Dal-Quor must be in your inventory to gain entry to the The Twilight Forge raid.
Monsters in the zone not found on the rare encounters list.
- Baby Glass Spiders
- Charred Sacrifices
- Feral Houndss
- Glass Spider Queens
- Huge Black Puddings
- Island Scorpions
- Runetusk Champions
- Runetusk Fighters
- Runetusk Mages
- Runetusk Overseers
- Runetusk Warlocks
- Troll Captives
- Wildman Chiefs
- Wildman Diggers
- Wildman Hunters
- Wildman Mystics
- Worg Sentinels