The Spawn of Whisperdoom
Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
- For the Level 4 quest, see Whisperdoom's Spawn.
Chittering sounds echo through the Kar-Thul caverns. Whisperdoom hungers still.
|The Spawn of Whisperdoom|
|Takes place in:||Whisperdoom's Lair|
|Bestowed by:||Eriephaus d'Phiarlan|
|NPC contact:||Eriephaus d'Phiarlan|
|Quest acquired in:||House Phiarlan|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
You must venture into the spider-infested caverns of the Kar-Thul and slay Whisperdoom the spider. Kill her magically-empowered spawn as well, lest they soon pose a threat to Stormreach.
- Lair: Find Whisperdoom
- Village: Slay Vortarg Kar-Thul
- Slay Whisperdoom
- Slay 7 Kar-Thul Enchanters
- Slay Whisperdoom's Daughters (5 total)
- (Optional) Slay 50 Spawn of Whisperdoom - +20% Bonus.
- (Optional) Vanquish the Kar-Thul Tribe (40) - +13% Bonus.
- (Optional) Slay Darak Kar-Thul - +6% Bonus.
- (Optional) Slay Aeducan Gobban - +19% Bonus.
- (Optional) Slay Nurag Kar-Thul - +6% Bonus.
- (Optional) Acquire Splinterskull Battle Standard- +7% Bonus.
- (Optional) Acquire Splinterskull Historical Documents - +7% Bonus.
- (Optional) Acquire Silver Goblet - +7% Bonus.
What to Expect
- Traps (random)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Quest item collection (optional: 3 items)
- Many webbed barriers that can only be broken through with melee weapons.
Sonic at entrance to village spikes in middle sections and blades near the end. These traps appear randomly
Tips and Misc
- When you start this quest you'll zone into a Jungle Clearing. There are several monsters you'll encounter in the clearing, but the entrance to the main quest is roughly to the NNE. There is a rest shrine right outside the quest entrance, so any SP/HP lost fighting the monsters while you get there are easily recovered. You can also just run past the monsters and take some hits, but why bother when you can just fight them and then rest up. (Optional: Dispatch all Kar-Thul sentries - 18 total (500XP))
- For the quest itself, acid resist is very helpful, as both Whisperdoom and other spiders have acid attacks. Whisperdoom also has a DoT fire + acid damage attack. Some of the random traps are sonic damage, so that can help too if you don't have a (good) trapper.
- Whisperdoom is a magical beast, so magical beast bane weapons are more effective.
Inside the dungeon itself there will be a locked door blocked by a force barrier on the left at the first intersection. (You have to get the key to the door, and also kill 5 offspring and 7 enchanters to drop the barrier.)
Turn right at this intersection, then go south at the next to enter "The Village". There are multiple random traps located in the village, usually on doorways and in the corridor on the right just before the shrine. In the far south east room kill Vortarg Kar-Thul and loot the Silver Key from the chest. The key will be used to unlock either the locked door back near the entrance, or its twin that is due north of it in "The Hatchery" of the dungeon, where you'll go next. The optional rare Darak Kar-Thul can spawn in the village before the shrine.
Exiting back out of the Village, continue north and you'll enter cobwebbed tunnels of "The Hatchery" (and you'll know when you're there). You need to explore through these and kill 5 of Whisperdoom's offspring and 7 Kar-Thul Enchanters to drop both force barriers. Note that the Enchanters can use invisibility, so can easily be missed if you're in a hurry - look around in each branch of the tunnels carefully before moving on.
Use the Silver Key to unlock either door (the second is in The Hatchery due north of one by the entry), as opening one opens the other as well. This takes you into "The Lair". Whisperdoom can be found anywhere inside the lair area wandering in search of the destroyers of her young. Aeducan Gobban can spawn inside the northeast secret door, next to the group of Shambling Corpses.
Whisperdoom is very tough to take down. She has fast healing and is hasted. She inflicts Burning Blood (1d8 acid damage and 1d8 fire damage every 2 seconds.) in addition to Horrid Wilting which does massive AoE damage based on difficulty. She also has damage reduction but is vulnerable to Searing Light and other similar spells, including Negative spells like Harm (works best for higher level casters) or Inflict wounds.
Two of the three trade-in item drops are behind secret doors most of the time. All of the items are randomly disbursed in the lair area, Battle-Standard can be in a locked chest (DC Normal: Fail:42, Success:45; DC Hard:Fail:43, Success: 46; DC Elite: 46.)
- Monster notes
- Kar-Thul enchanters will attempt to vanish when near death and will reappear usually behind the party.
- Spawn of Whisperdoom use Melf's Acid Arrow and huge amounts of webbing.
- The daughters are just bigger (more powerful) versions of the spawn.
- Mischief bonus: 46 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 60 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 74 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 4-5:
- One for killing Vortarg Kar-Thul
- One in Hatchery
- Two in Lair
- One optional for slaying Darak Kar-Thul
- Collectables: Splinterskull Battle Standard, Splinterskull Historical Documents, Silver Goblet.
- NPC rewards: Standard, and in addition, 3 collector items that you turn in to the Ungurz Lieutenant <Tangleroot Artifact Collector> back in House Phiarlan across from the caravan give you another list that might contain following rare named items:
The above was automatically compiled via DPL, 07:16:35 result from cache, age: 15:48:07 of max 1 day - if you think that's not up-to-date, (please, use sparingly, since it puts some additional load on the server)