The Grey Moon's Den: Extermination
Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
Grey Moon's Den has fallen to marauders. The villainous trolls will taste fire and steel this day!
|Requires access to : Sorrowdusk Isle|
|The Grey Moon's Den: Extermination|
|Takes place in:||Grey Moon's Den|
|Quest acquired in:||Sorrowdusk Isle|
|Free to Play:||No|
Return to the Grey Moon's caves and slay all the trolls in the deeper caverns.
- This is the fourth and final mission in the Grey Moon Waning story arc.
- Search the Grey Moon Den for whoever is leading the trolls
- Slay Brother Qessul, Dark Cleric
- (Optional) Exterminate the last of the trolls - 10 total +10% Bonus.
- (Optional) Slay Blizzard +10% Bonus.
- (Optional) Slay Shaman Yarsnak +15% Bonus.
- (Optional) Slay Darksting +15% Bonus.
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed)
- Spikes around chest, in the locked room; control box is at the base of the neary crates
- Force trap on bridge; control box is past the bridge, on the northwest pillar. As with the third quest, you can reach this trap control box without dangerously leaping the gaps of the traps on the bridge--if you look to the east.
Tips and Misc
- Don't let the "balanced party recommended" warning at the beginning frighten you into doing this quest at a lower level than the earlier ones. The bad guys come on rather mindlessly, one-by-one, and the end boss has no special surprises. This dungeon is easily defeated in solo and at sub-seventh level.
- Other than the room with the black puddings, there are NO enemies until you reach the scorpions; after that, the trolls start to appear.
- Once again, the doors to the rooms up the ladders south of the bridge don't open until the bridge has been crossed.
- Blizzard may appear once again, just past the first bridge; this time he's worth XP as well as a chest.
- Yarsnak may appear up the ladder just before the drawbridge.
- Darksting may appear at the end, near the crude altar.
- As with the last quest, after this quest, to return to Bruku for your end-reward and advance to the next quest-chain, it is faster to recall back to the ship, and then re-enter Sorrowdusk, rather than run the distance.
- Aggression bonus: 16 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 21 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 26 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 1 or more trap disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 48 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 63 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 77 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 2 - 5
- 1 trapped behind a locked door in the room north of the shrine
- 1 rare optional for killing Blizzard (Winter Wolf, found past the first bridge)
- 1 rare optional for killing Shaman Yarsnak (Troll Shaman, found up the ladder just before the drawbridge)
- 1 rare optional for killing Darksting (Night Scorpion, found at the end, near the crude altar)
- 1 at the end for killing Brother Qessul, Dark Cleric (Human)
- Collectables: Seven
- Cabinet in the first room to the east
- Cabinet in the second room to the west
- Adventurer's Pack in the locked room (on the crates)
- Cabinet in the room southwest of the bridge
- Crude Altar in the room southeast of the bridge
- Mushroom up the ladder past the bridge, and across the stone bridge
- Crude Altar north of the central pillar at the end
- NPC rewards: Random item (Choose from 10, including Mystical Dried Fish)
Named Chest Drop
|Brother Qessul, Dark Cleric (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Shaman Yarsnak (view)||Giant||Troll|
|Black Pudding (view)||Ooze||Black Pudding|
|Deathblood Troll (view)||Giant||Troll|
|Monarch Scorpion (view)||Vermin||Scorpion|
|Troll Chieftain (view)||Giant||Troll|
|Troll Shaman (view)||Giant||Troll|
The above was automatically compiled via DPL, 12:41:28 result from cache, age: 15:56:14 of max 1 day - if you think that's not up-to-date, (please, use sparingly, since it puts some additional load on the server)