The Iron Mines: Freeing Achka
From DDO wiki
The mine is a grim place of shadowed halls and gaping chasms. Somewhere in the darkness, the chieftain's son awaits rescue.
|Requires access to : Sorrowdusk Isle|
|The Iron Mines: Freeing Achka|
|Takes place in:||The Iron Mines|
|Quest acquired in:||Sorrowdusk Isle|
|Free to Play:||No|
Rescue Achka, son of the Grey Moon tribe's true chief, from the iron mine where the ogres now dwell.
- This is the first of four missions in the Grey Moon Waning story arc.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Acquire Key to Achka's Cell
- Rescue Achka from his cell
What to Expect
- Trap (fixed)
- Force traps across bridge; the control box is on the far (east) side of the bridge, on the north.
Tips and Misc
- The Key to Achka's Cell is held by an Ogre leader behind a door near the entrance (to the west and down the ladder).
- Earth elementals will spawn after opening Achka's cell; it's not necessary to kill them before speaking to Achka and completing the quest.
- The eastern area of the map is blocked off; this prevents any bonuses from killing or breaking (the traps bonus may still be possible, however).
- Powder may appear on the bridge to the jail area.
- Flamefang may appear in a cell near Achka; otherwise, several hell hounds will appear.
- Chests: 0 - 1
- Collectables: Two
- Mushroom in the room with the key to Achka's cell
- Crude altar in Achka's cell
- NPC rewards: None until all four quests are completed
|Flamefang (The Iron Mines) (view)||Evil Outsider||Hellhound|
|Powder (view)||Magical Beast||Wolf|
|Black Sun Ogre (view)||Giant||Ogre|
|Hell Hound (view)||Evil Outsider||Hellhound|
|Large Earth Elemental (view)||Elemental||Earth Elemental|
|Ogre Leader (view)||Giant||Ogre|