|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
The Iron Mines: Freeing Achka
The mine is a grim place of shadowed halls and gaping chasms. Somewhere in the darkness, the chieftain's son awaits rescue.
|Requires access to adventure pack: Sorrowdusk Isle|
|The Iron Mines: Freeing Achka|
|Heroic XP:||♣295 ♦520 ♥548 ♠576|
|Takes place in:||The Iron Mines|
|Quest acquired in:||Sorrowdusk Isle|
|Free to Play:||No|
Rescue Achka, son of the Grey Moon tribe's true chief, from the iron mine where the ogres now dwell.
- This is the first of four missions in the Grey Moon Waning story arc.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Acquire Key to Achka's Cell
- Rescue Achka from his cell
- (Optional) Slay Powder (15% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay Flamefang (10% of base XP)
What to Expect
- Trap (fixed)
- Force traps across bridge; the control box is on the far (east) side of the bridge, on the north.
Tips and Misc
- The Key to Achka's Cell is held by an Ogre leader behind a door near the entrance (to the west and down the ladder).
- Earth elementals will spawn after opening Achka's cell; it's not necessary to kill them before speaking to Achka and completing the quest.
- The eastern area of the map is blocked off; this prevents any bonuses from killing or breaking (the traps bonus may still be possible, however).
- Powder may appear on the bridge to the jail area.
- Flamefang may appear in a cell near Achka; otherwise, several hellhounds will appear.
- Bonus XP
- None possible on any difficulty.
- Chests: 0 - 1
- Collectables: Two
- Mushroom in the room with the key to Achka's cell
- Crude altar in Achka's cell
- NPC rewards: None until all four quests are completed