The Iron Mines: Justice for Grust
From DDO wiki
Lord Grust's treachery will not go unpunished. Go forth and meet the traitor in battle.
|Requires access to : Sorrowdusk Isle|
|The Iron Mines: Justice for Grust|
|Takes place in:||The Iron Mines|
|Quest acquired in:||Sorrowdusk Isle|
|Free to Play:||No|
Return to the iron mine and put an end to Lord Grust's rule.
- This is the second of four missions in the Grey Moon Waning story arc.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- (Optional) Slay Corrosion Heroic: +10% Bonus.
- (Optional) Slay Chef Grank Heroic: +15% Bonus.
- (Optional) Slay Champion Preinyl Heroic: +15% Bonus.
What to Expect
- Trap (fixed)
- Force traps across bridge; the control box is on the far (east) side of the bridge, on the north.
Tips and Misc
- The two cells are locked again, unpickable and with no key; however, the door to the east is now open. The kalashtar mentioned as you near it are a race of psionics in Eberron, descended from a group of human monks who allowed themselves to be possessed by good-aligned Quori.
- After the open door, the northern hallway leads to a pit with rust monsters and a chest.
- The Key to Grust's Lair is held by an ogre shaman at the top of the two ladders, right in front of the door.
- The trollish allies are in the last two rooms before Grust's room; the doors are locked at first, but will unlock when you cross the threshold into his room, even if sneaking.
- Corrosion may appear in the rust monster pit; if so, the other rust monsters won't be there - however, they'll spawn if you open the chest afterward.
- Chef Grank may appear in the first (unlocked) room to the south after acquiring the key.
- Champion Preinyl spawns in the southern locked room at the end when you fight Grust. He can count for one of the two trolls which you need to slay
- Devious bonus: 4 or fewer monsters killed +7% Bonus.
- Aggression bonus: 21 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 27 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 33 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 36 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 47 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 58 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Notes: To get Ransack, you need to start the final battle with Grust and run around destroying every single breakable in the two rooms where the trolls spawn before you kill the last monster.
- Chests: 3 - 4
- 1 in the rust monster pit
- 1 rare optional for killing Chef Grank (Black Sun Ogre, found in the first room to the south after acquiring the key)
- 1 optional for killing Champion Preinyl (Deathblood Troll, found in the second room to the south after acquiring the key; to get him to spawn open the door but don't enter the room, let it close by itself then open it again)
- 1 at the end for killing Grust the Usurper
- Collectables: Four
- Mushroom in the room where the Key to Achka's Cell was found in the previous quest
- Rubble in the rust monster pit
- Cabinet in the first room to the north behind Grust's door
- Cabinet in the second room to the south (with one of the trolls)
- NPC rewards: None until all four quests are completed
|Grust the Usurper (view)||Giant||Ogre|
|Champion Preinyl (view)||Giant||Troll|
|Chef Grank (view)||Giant||Ogre|
|Corrosion (monster) (view)||Aberration||Rust Monster|
|Black Sun Ogre (view)||Giant||Ogre|
|Deathblood Troll (view)||Giant||Troll|
|Large Earth Elemental (view)||Elemental||Earth Elemental|
|Ogre Shaman (view)||Giant||Ogre|
|Rust Monster (view)||Aberration||Rust Monster|