|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
The Fane of the Six: Fall of the Prelate
|Requires access to adventure pack: Sorrowdusk Isle|
The Prelate of the Six hides somewhere in these ruined chambers. Defeat him and locate the source of the temple's power.
|The Fane of the Six: Fall of the Prelate|
|Heroic XP:||♣1,161 ♦2,044 ♥2,152 ♠2,260|
|Takes place in:||Sorrowdusk Temple|
|Quest acquired in:||Sorrowdusk Isle|
|Free to Play:||No|
Return to the temple through its side entrance, defeat the Prelate of the Cult of the Dark Six, and find the entrance to the inner temple. Do not enter it yet.
- This is the second part of Chapter 2 (fourth of six parts total) in the Cult of the Six story arc.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Slay Prelate Vendisto of the Dark Six
- Find the way to the inner temple
- (Optional) Slay Sear (15% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay Helga Nightwalker (5% of base XP)
What to Expect
- Puzzles (mandatory: 2 tile puzzles)
- Locked doors (Mandatory: Can be picked or smashed) Lock DCs Smash fails on Str 16, succeeds on Str 18.
- Spawning/respawning monsters
Tips and Misc
- Lightning-split Soarwood can be found in the library.
- Fire resistance/protection is EXTREMELY helpful in this quest; not only are there several fire mephits, but the Warriors of the Six like to use Scorching Ray.
- The southeast section leading to the front entrance (start of the previous quest) is blocked off.
- Solving the second puzzle will release several fire mephits; this fight can be avoided by saving the tile nearest the door for last, and jumping back out. The doors will close, locking in the mephits. Alternatively, somebody sneaky could just wait about a minute for the door to open, if they haven't roused the mephits yet.
- Beware returning to the shrine; the mephits in the northwest corner respawn.
- The locked doors can be broken with STR 18
- Helga Nightwalker may (will?) appear in the locked room with the wights. You may have to kill the wights, allow them to respawn, and kill them again to get her to spawn.
- There's a lever behind the sarcophagus behind the second locked door (to the south), which is easy to miss.
- The route to the exit is has several fire mephits; if the party is hurting, it's possible for just one person (preferably with fire protection!) to simply race past and exit, while everyone else hangs back and then recalls.
- The Conquest bonus on Normal requires killing the respawned mephits and wights (in the first locked room).
- Sear may appear by the second (south) puzzle
- Aggression bonus: 31 monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 40 monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 49 monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 73 breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Chests: Up to 3
- 1 behind a secret door in a room just before Prelate Vendisto's room
- 1 in the room past Prelate Vendisto's room
- 1 possible after slaying Helga Nightwalker
- Collectables: Six
- Rubble in the western room near the second puzzle
- Two Mushrooms past the first locked door
- Cabinet behind the third locked door (to the north)
- Adventurer's Pack behind the secret door in the same room
- Bookshelf in the room past Prelate Vendisto's
- NPC rewards: None until all six quests are completed
- Cultists of the Six - Human clerics
- Glass Spider Queen
- Granite Gargoyles
- Greater Fire Mephits - may spawn from Mephits of Fernia
- High Cultists - Human clerics
- Mephits of Fernia
- Warriors of the Six - Human fighter/wizards
- Wight Myrmidons
- Wight Priest