The Fane of the Six: Fall of the Prelate
Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
|Requires access to : Sorrowdusk Isle|
The Prelate of the Six hides somewhere in these ruined chambers. Defeat him and locate the source of the temple's power.
|The Fane of the Six: Fall of the Prelate|
|Takes place in:||Sorrowdusk Temple|
|Bestowed by:||Lord Hragg of Grey Moon|
|NPC contact:||Lord Hragg of Grey Moon|
|Quest acquired in:||Sorrowdusk Isle|
|Free to Play:||No|
Return to the temple through its side entrance, defeat the Prelate of the Cult of the Dark Six, and find the entrance to the inner temple. Do not enter it yet.
- This is the second part of Chapter 2 (fourth of six parts total) in the Cult of the Six story arc.
- Slay Prelate Vendisto of the Dark Six
- Find the way to the inner temple
- (Optional) Slay Sear +15% Bonus.
- (Optional) Slay Helga Nightwalker +5% Bonus.
What to Expect
- Puzzles (mandatory: 2 tile puzzles)
- Locked doors (Mandatory: Can be picked or smashed) Lock DCs Smash fails on Str 17, succeeds on Str 18.
- Spawning/respawning monsters
Tips and Misc
- The locked doors can be picked, or broken with STR 18.
- Fire resistance/protection is EXTREMELY helpful in this quest; not only are there several fire mephits, but the Warriors of the Six like to use Scorching Ray.
- The puzzles are not shown (clearly - faintly blueish areas) on the map (right) - the first is south of the first intersection, the second is at the dead-end T-intersection south of the shrine.
- The southeast section leading to the front entrance (where the previous quest starts) is blocked off; no need to go east past the bridge (altho' you could avoid the mephits in the northwest hall by jumping down there).
- Solving the second puzzle will release several fire mephits; this fight can be avoided by saving the tile nearest the door for last, and jumping back out. The doors will close, locking in the mephits. Alternatively, somebody sneaky could just wait about a minute for the door to open, if they haven't roused the mephits yet.
- Sear may appear by the second (south) puzzle.
- Beware returning to the shrine; the mephits in the northwest hallway respawn.
- Helga Nightwalker may appear in the locked room with the wights. You may have to kill the wights, allow them to respawn, and kill them again to get her to spawn.
- There's a lever behind the sarcophagus behind the second locked door (to the south), which is easy to miss.
- The route to the exit (heading north from the northeast part of the map) has several fire mephits; if the party is hurting, it's possible for just one person (preferably with fire protection!) to simply race or sneak past and find that exit, fulfilling that quest objective, while everyone else hangs back and then recalls once the quest registers as complete.
- The Conquest bonus on Normal requires killing the respawned mephits and wights (in the first locked room).
- Discreet bonus: 9 or less monsters killed +5% Bonus.
- Aggression bonus: 31 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 40 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 49 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 73 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Chests: Up to 3
- 1 behind a secret door in a room just before Prelate Vendisto's room
- 1 in the room past Prelate Vendisto's room
- 1 possible after slaying Helga Nightwalker
- Collectables: Six
- Rubble in the western room near the second puzzle
- Two Mushrooms past the first locked door
- Cabinet behind the third locked door (to the north)
- Adventurer's Pack behind the secret door in the same room
- Bookshelf in the room past Prelate Vendisto's
- NPC rewards: None until all six quests are completed
The above was automatically compiled via DPL, 16:59:58 result from cache, age: 14:39:58 of max 1 day - if you think that's not up-to-date, (please, use sparingly, since it puts some additional load on the server)