|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
The Church and the Cult
|The Church and the Cult|
|Heroic XP:||♣1,012 ♦1,779 ♥1,873 ♠1,966|
|Takes place in:||The Temple of Vol|
|NPC contact:||Inquisitor Lightbringer|
|Quest acquired in:||House Phiarlan|
|Patron:||The Silver Flame|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
It has become evident that the cult known as the Blood of Vol has sought a foothold within the city of Stormreach. The Temple of Vol has managed to lure many with its promises of eternal life granted to those most loyal to Vol. Although the Blood has committed no wrongdoing, the Church of the Silver Flame still wants the Temple investigated.
Go to the Temple of Vol and search for evidence.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Speak to Halpur Selfin, the preacher of Vol
- Defeat the Temple Guardian
- Continue searching the temple
- Explore the hidden passageway
- Examine the book on the pedestal
- Find and consecrate the Altar of Fernia
- Find and consecrate the Altar of Risia
- Find a way to enter the inner sanctum
- Search the inner sanctum
- Defeat Adran ir'Karsmore
- (Optional) Kill Leinar Moonwillow (15% of base XP)
- (Optional) Banish the Element of Fernia (15% of base XP)
- (Optional) Banish the Element of Risia (15% of base XP)
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed, some undisarmable)
- Spikes just north of the secret door for the first shrine; the control box is on the northwest pillar just before the hallway
- Fire Zone traps (to the west of the Book of Vol)
- Fire jets aimed at the pillar just past the door; control panel is on the north wall before the pillar
- Fire jet at the top of the stairs just beyond; control panel is on the back of the pillar (west side)
- Fire jet just beyond door around the corner; control panel is to the west of the door before you go through
- Fire jet at the top of the stairway beyond the small hallway; control panel is on the south wall of the hallway, near the end
- Fire jet on the pillar at the bottom of the stairs, aimed towards the stairs; control panel is on the south wall at the base of the stairs
- Ice Zone traps (to the east of the Book of Vol)
- Cold jet just past gate in the northeast corner of the hallway; control panel is on the east wall
- Cold jet just beyond; control panel is on the south wall
- Spinning Blade just past door; control panel is on the south wall before the door
- Spinning Blades in the north section of Ice Mephit room; control panel is on the inner wall just around the corner
- Spinning Blades in the south section of Ice Mephit room; control panel is on the east wall just past the first sarcophagus
- Ice Jets (aimed upwards); no control panel
- Inner Sanctum traps (to the south of the Book of Vol)
- Force traps on the first stairway; control panel is west of the door before you go through
- Sonic traps on the second stairway; control panel is on the west wall just before the stairs
Tips and Misc
- Helpful buffs: Fire Resistance, Cold Resistance, Sonic Resistance, especially if there's no trapper. At harder difficulties, casters enjoy Power Word: Kill and Adran casts Blindness, so Deathblock, Deathward and Blindness Immunity items or Remove Blindness spell or pots are helpful. Adran also likes Dominate Person, which Protection from Evil will protect you from, and Flame Strike.
- Breaking the sarcophagi will spawn undead (usually Blackbone skeletons)
- After reading the Book of Vol, two doors open. The west door leads to the Fire Zone and the Altar of Fernia, while the east door leads to the Ice Zone and the Altar of Risia. It doesn't matter in which order you clear the two areas, but there's another shrine behind a hidden door near the end of the Ice Zone, so you may want to clear that way first.
- The Spinning Blade traps in the Altar of Risia room don't engage until you approach the outer walls; the ice jets fire intermittently and can't be disabled.
- When you consecrate the Altar of Risia, the sarcophagi in the room will break, spawning Blackbone Thralls.
- Adran is highly resistant (possibly immune) to Electricity (Acid seems to affect him normally), and often saves against Cure spells for half-damage; he's also immune to Turning, although Dispelling may make it easier for melees to hit him.
- Partway through the fight, he will disappear, summoning a pack of black wolves to fight for him. After this, he'll disappear and reappear constantly during the fight.
- Leinar Moonwillow may (will?) appear guarding the Book of Vol.
- The Element of Fernia may (will?) appear guarding the Altar of Fernia
- The Element of Risia may (will?) appear guarding the Altar of Risia.
- Aggression bonus: 49 monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 64 monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 78 monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 7 traps disarmed +8% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 9 traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 11 traps disarmed +15% Bonus.
- Observance bonus: 2 secret doors discovered +8% Bonus.
- Perception bonus: 3 secret doors discovered +10% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 51 breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 67 breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 82 breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 2
- 2 at the end for killing Adran ir'Karsmore (Vampire)
- Collectables: Four
- Bookshelf on the east wall in the room with the Book of Vol
- Cabinet on the south wall just before the door to the Ice Mephit room
- Rubble just past the lever in the Fire Zone (southeast corner of the alcove)
- Adventurer's Pack in the southwest corner of the Inner Sanctum
- NPC rewards: Random +3-4 weapons & armor; choose from 8
Accessories are ML7, bow and armor are ML8; all bind to character on equip.
- Bloodplate Armor - +5 Full plate: Deathblock, Blue Augment Slot
- Cloak of Shadows - Cloak: Hide +10, Move Silently +10, Green Augment Slot with +2 Protection
- Fragment of the Silver Flame - Trinket: Continuous Protection from evil, Colorless Augment Slot
- Silver Longbow - +3 Longbow: [1d10], 19-20x3, Holy, Red Augment Slot
- Acolytes of Vol - Elf clerics
- Apprentices of Vol -Elf wizards
- Arcane Blackbones
- Blackbone Knights
- Blackbone Marksmen
- Blackbone Thralls
- Black Wolves
- Dread Zombies
- Fire Mephits
- Fire Mephit Warriors
- Glacier Wolves - Winter wolves
- Greater Fire Mephits
- Greater Ice Mephits
- Ice Mephits
- Ice Mephit Warriors
- Initiate of Vol - Elf Wizard
- Mephits of Fernia - Fire mephits
- Mephits of Risia - Ice mephits
- Necromancer of Vol - Elf and Human necromancers
- Priest of Vol - Elf and Human clerics
- Temple Guardian - Arcane Blackbone
- Vol Cultists - Human clerics
- Wight Myrmidons
- Adran ir'Karsmore - Red-named vampire; end boss. DR 10/Silver; immune/highly resistant to Electricity
- Element of Fernia - Optional orange-named fire mephit; may always spawn
- Element of Risia - Optional orange-named ice mephit; may always spawn
- Leinar Moonwillow - Optional orange-named elf; melee; may always spawn