Spies in the House
Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
|Requires access to : Sentinels of Stormreach|
The Blood Tide uses this underground passage to spy on House Deneith.
|Spies in the House|
|Takes place in:||The Blood Road|
|Bestowed by:||Brysen d'Deneith|
|NPC contact:||Brysen d'Deneith|
|Quest acquired in:||House Deneith|
|Free to Play:||No|
The Blood Tide has discovered a way to infiltrate into House Deneith and are using it to spy on Stormreach's sentinels.
Brysen d'Deneith wants you to enter the Blood Road, find out where it leads, and destroy the Blood Tide forces you find inside.
- Although part of the Sentinels of Stormreach pack, this quest isn't part of the chain and is strictly optional.
- Find the way through the Blood Road
- Slay the necromancer, Rowan Watzun
- Slay the elemental guardians - 4 total
- (Optional) Rescue Kaylahn Heroic: +10%. / Epic: +10%.
- (Optional) Rescue Vasimus Heroic: +10%. / Epic: +10%.
- (Optional) Rescue Plorax Heroic: +10%. / Epic: +10%.
- (Optional) Rescue Ereniel Heroic: +10%. / Epic: +10%.
- (Optional) Rescue all of the prisoners - 4 total Heroic: +20%. / Epic: +20%.
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed)
- Overlapping floors
- Puzzle (1 puzzle wheel)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
Trap DCs NOT SHOWN IN MAP Many of the traps can be avoided or timed, with care
- Spike trap just past the underwater tunnel: Control box on floor, at exit of tunnel into first underwater section
- Sonic trap at surface level: Control box in North West corner of first underwater section, on South wall, where enclosure juts west
- Spike trap in underwater section to North of fence: Control box in North West corner of first underwater section, on floor near Sonic box (NO need to do except for traps bonus)
- Spike trap in underwater section to West of fence (around underwater valve): Control box on South wall above valve, near surface
- Spike trap at surface level, in front of tunnel heading North; Control box on pipes to East of tunnel mouth (Southern box of 2, immediately out of water); Trap easily avoided, but good to disable in case you fall from above
- Spike trap at surface level, just inside tunnel heading North; Control box on pipes to East of tunnel mouth (Northern box of 2, next to tunnel)
- Spike trap at surface level, on floor next to South wall: Control Box at bottom right corner of N-S wall to East of trap; Trap easily avoided, but good to disable in case you fall from above
- Spike trap at surface level, along the West wall: Control box on pipes at top of steps in North West Corner (near valve next to air jet); Trap easily avoided, but good to disable in case you fall from above
- Spike trap at surface level, around base of stairs in North West corner: Control box on pipes to West of tunnel mouth
- Grease trap in tunnel at top of first room, halfway up ramp: Control box on floor at mouth of tunnel, just inside grating (across from the first prisoner); Can be disabled before grating is opened; Appears to control nothing on Heroic
- Wind/Fire trap in tunnel at top of first room, just before tunnels meet: Control box on stone pipe on North side of ramp, just before tunnels meet
- Wind trap in tunnel at top of first room, just after tunnels meet: Control box on floor next to stone pipe on North side, where the water disappears; Appears to control nothing on Heroic)
- Electricity trap in shaft heading up at end of tunnel: Control box at bottom of shaft on pipes to North, East or South (location varies)
Electric Floor Rooms
- Electric floor #1 following drop down after 1st shrine: No control box; Fortitude saves (high damage, but not insta-kill); Can be avoided by using walkway around side of room at floor level
- Blade trap near air jet heading upward to Electric floor #2: Control box on North wall, to East of air jet, above end of long pipe
- Electric floor #2 after air jet ride upwards: No control box; Fortitude saves (high damage, but not insta-kill); You have to walk on floor - minimise time by running East and jumping onto boxes to get up to pipes
- Cold air jets on pipes after defeating Fire Elementals: No control box; Can be avoided by using valves in order North, West, East
- Air vents on South wall, at pipe level above Electric floor #2: No control box; Can be timed OR jump down to Electric floor #2, South of pipe, immediately before vents then run West (below vents) and jump onto boxes
- Electric floor #3 after air jet ride upwards: No control box; Fortitude saves (high damage, but not insta-kill); You have to walk on floor - minimise time by running East, under pipe, and jumping onto boxes to get up to pipes
- Electric floors currently (Update 27) show a saving throw in the combat log.
- Spike trap near 3rd shrine - Single spike, easily avoided (doesn't seem to pop up on Heroic): Control Box on North Wall of East alcove (almost straight ahead from top of ladder)
- Lightning trap near Gargoyle Scoundrels: No control box; Correct valve to turn is random, but you can run away before trap springs
Tips and Misc
- Useful elemental buffs:
- Sonic (for traps at the start if not disabled)
- Other buffs:
- It's a LONG fall down at the start:
- The ladders (on opposite sides of the hole) have breaks in them, so you cannot climb back up (remember to summon hirelings before you jump)
- As you land in water, jumping down is safe, so go ahead and cannonball
- At several points, you have to continue your journey via air jet:
- Some air jets will take you where you need to go automatically when you step in them
- Other air jets may need to be entered at the right angle to get you where you need to go
- At the lowest levels, some air jets will take you where you need to go, but other routes are available too
- The Green Wheel controls the air jet that is active at the next level up
- At the Green Wheel, turn it so the second rune from the right is orange. This activates the second jet from the right on the next level (Positioning the wheel with a single turn also works and some find this option easier)
- Head along the pipe by the wheel, until you are in front of the large vent with an air jet coming out of it
- Jump up into the air jet - this will send you to the South West corner on the next level up, where you take another air jet ride
- Watch out for Skeletons, Skeleton Archers, Necromancers, Water Elementals and Gargoyles at the end of the second jump!
- Kill all skeletons to open the door to the first Prisoner (Plorax)
- Above the door to the prisoner there are 10 green crystals which turn red for every skeleton killed
- Skeletons sometimes fall down to lower levels, and you need to go back down to kill them
- Fighting the mobs on the north edge of the room (rather than nuking them from the south) seems to help avoid falling skeletons
- If you do not kill all the skeletons, you can still proceed with the quest but miss out on 2 optionals (Rescue Plorax and Rescue all 4 prisoners)
- On the level with the skeletons, there is a valve in the South West corner of the platform
- The valve starts an air jet, so watch where you stand (on top of the valve itself is a good place)
- The air jet will send you into the waiting wings of a pair of gargoyles, guarding a valve in the ceiling (reached by climbing boxes)
- The valve opens the gate to the bridge that leads to Plorax. A valve on this bridge opens the gate to proceed with the quest
- The Gargoyles can be ranged before crossing via the air jet
- Behind a secret door at the top of the long ladder in the upwards shaft, there is a lever:
- The lever will start/stop air jets that go across the top of the shaft
- Depending where you stand, the jets can take you to one of three alcoves
- There is nothing in either the North or South alcove
- The middle (East) contains a locked chest and some breakables (required breaks to get Vandal bonus)
- You can reach the East alcove by jumping to one of the other alcoves then jumping over
- The first shrine, next to Electric floor #1, is just about a point of no return, unless you have a high jump or Dimension Door; might as well hit 'em.
- The electric floors are auto-hit, no saves. These floors do a tremendous amount of damage, especially on elite. Watch your step! The Electric floor #1 can be avoided by walking around; the Electric floor #2 (after the air jet upward), however, cannot. It is possible to ride the first air jet up to the pipes at the level of the elementals and avoid that electric floor.
- The air jet ride up to the level of Electric floor #2 is far more difficult than previous rides:
- The required path is covered with several traps - On higher difficulties, these deal incredible damage, so navigating this one without a rogue along is extreme difficult, but possible
- The easiest way: Face your character east, then sidestep onto the jet, push forward as you go up, and you should land on a good sized pipe and avoid some if not all the traps (and the Electric floor)
- If you land on the electric floor, run to the boxes near the North East corner and jump up to the pipes there
- The elemental guardians at Electric floor #2 do not spawn one at a time (in earlier updates, each appeared after the previous one was killed)
- The cold jets on the pipes you're standing on will go nuts at some point during your battle with the elementals, so someone with good evasion and protection from cold can help in turning the three valves
- The valves may be turned in an order such that no cold jets need be run through: Start with the valve on the North wall, then West, then East
- Watch out for the air jets coming from the five pipes on the far side of the room. They will blow you into the centre of the electric floor, which is pretty much auto death as you are hard to reach.
- A second ride on an air jet takes you to the third electric floor. This jet starts when the elemental guardians have all been killed. Again, this is auto-hit with no saves.
- The two gargoyles near the end, near a pair of valves, will have a conversation about lying... which then leads to them fighting each other. However, they won't kill each other. One of the valve extends the drawbridge; the other one sets off a powerful lightning trap (shoots out 4 ball lightnings). It's random which one is which. If you have a rogue detect traps and all six heads are visible, the wrong valve won't set off the trap.
- The exit at the end of quest leads to the Harbor in front of the Waterworks
- Recall out if you want to grab your end reward quickly.
- Plorax is at the end of the bridge at the top of the first room
- Vasimus is down a side tunnel looping to the North and West after taking the tunnel exiting the top of the first room
- Ereniel is at the end of the passage at the top of the upwards shaft (turn North at the end and her cell is on the East)
- Kaylahn is at the top of a long ladder to the West wall on the far side of the room containing Electric floor #1
- Rowan Watzun is in the South East corner of the room just past Electric floor #1
- Discreet bonus: 28 or less monsters killed +5%.
- Aggression bonus: 78 or more monsters killed +10%.
- Onslaught bonus: 101 or more monsters killed +15%.
- Tamper bonus: 7 or more traps disarmed +10%.
- Neutralization bonus: 10 or more traps disarmed +20%.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 12 or more traps disarmed +30%.
- Mischief bonus: 16 or more breakables smashed +8%.
- Vandal bonus: 21
- NOTE: Vandal Bonus is only achievable by peeking around the corner near the exit and shooting one of the final 2 boxes. or more breakables smashed +10%.
- Chests: Five (six on Epic)
- One in east alcove at top of shaft with electric traps (locked)
- One near Ereniel
- One for killing Rowan Watzun
- One near Kaylahn
- Chest near the end
- Can drop any of the crafting sigils
- One end chest on Epic difficulties
- Collectables: One
- Alchemy Table just west of Rowan Watzun
- NPC rewards: Random item; choose from eight
The above was automatically compiled via DPL, 07:26:05 result from cache, age: 15:01:21 of max 1 day - if you think that's not up-to-date, (please, use sparingly, since it puts some additional load on the server)