Spies in the House
|Requires access to adventure pack: Sentinels of Stormreach|
The Blood Tide uses this underground passage to spy on House Deneith.
|Spies in the House|
|Heroic XP:||♣4,179 ♦7,395 ♥7,824 ♠8,253|
|Epic XP:||♣21,451 ♦36,975 ♥38,198 ♠39,422|
|Takes place in:||The Blood Road|
|Bestowed by:||Brysen d'Deneith|
|NPC contact:||Brysen d'Deneith|
|Quest acquired in:||House Deneith|
|Free to Play:||No|
The Blood Tide has discovered a way to infiltrate into House Deneith and are using it to spy on Stormreach's sentinels.
Brysen d'Deneith wants you to enter the Blood Road, find out where it leads, and destroy the Blood Tide forces you find inside.
- Although part of the Sentinels of Stormreach pack, this quest isn't part of the chain and is strictly optional.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Find the way through the Blood Road
- Slay the necromancer, Rowan Watzun
- Slay the elemental guardians - 4 total
- (Optional) Rescue Kaylahn (+10%. of base XP)
- (Optional) Rescue Vasimus (+10%. of base XP)
- (Optional) Rescue Plorax (+10%. of base XP)
- (Optional) Rescue Ereniel (+10%. of base XP)
- (Optional) Rescue all of the prisoners - 4 total (+20%. of base XP)
- (+60%. of base XP total)
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed)
- Overlapping floors
- Puzzle (1 puzzle wheel)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
Trap DCs NOT SHOWN IN MAP Many of the traps can be avoided or timed, with care
- Spikes just past the underwater tunnel; control box is on the floor, right at the end of the tunnel
- Sonic traps at surface level; control box is down near the floor, on the south wall in the northwest corner (where it juts west)
- Spikes north of fence; control box is on the floor near the sonic box (NO need to do except for traps bonus)
- Spikes in the next section, around the valve; control box is on the south wall above, near the surface
- Spikes at the surface, around the corner to the south; control box is on the east wall at the corner (easily avoided, although good idea in case you fall from above)
- Spikes around the base of the stairs; control box is on the pipes on the ground to the east
- Spikes in front of the tunnel; control box is on the pipes to the east (southern box) (easily avoided, although good idea in case you fall from above)
- Spikes a little way into the tunnel; control box is on the pipes at the mouth (northern box)
- Spikes along the west wall; control box is on pipes at the top of the stairs to the north (near the valve by the air jet) (easily avoided, although good idea in case you fall from above)
- ????; control box is on the floor at the mouth of the tunnel across from the first prisoner (appears to control nothing on Heroic)
- ????; control box is in the tunnel, where the water disappears, on the floor to the north (appears to control nothing on Heroic)
- Electricity at the end of the tunnel; control box is on the pipes to the south
- Electric floors just past the first shrine; no control box, no saves, no touchy.
- Blade traps near the air jet upward; control box is on the north wall to the east, at the end of the pipe.
- Electric floors above; again, no control box, no saves - but now you have to walk on 'em!
- Electric floors currently (Update 21) show a saving throw in the combat log.
- Cold traps along the pipes after defeating the fire elementals; no control box.
- Spike trap near the third shrine. One single spike, easily avoided, and doesn't even seem to pop up (at least on Heroic). No control box.
- Lightning trap near the gargoyle scoundrels. No control box; Correct valve to turn is random, but you can run away before the trap springs.
Tips and Misc
- Useful elemental buffs:
- Sonic (for traps at the start if not disabled)
- This quest requires a lot of climbing and jumping like the Pit. Prepare yourself with continuous Feather Falling and Jump skill buffs. Water Breathing is also helpful at the beginning, especially for the rogue disabling the traps.
- At several points, you have to continue your journey via air jet.
- It's a LONG fall down at the start, and the ladders (on opposite sides of the hole) have breaks in them. However, you land in water, so go ahead and cannonball.
- When you get to the Green Wheel, you want to turn it so the second rune from the right is orange (It also works fine and perhaps even easier with just a single turn). Then head back down the pipe a bit, to the air jet, and jump up; it will send you to the far corner, where you take another air jet ride. Mind the skeletons and necromancers at the end!
- Kill all skeletons to open way to Plorax (above the door of the prisoner there are 10 green crystals which turn red for every skeleton killed; note that skeletons sometimes fall down). Fighting the mobs on the north edge of the room (rather than nuking them from the south) seems to help avoid falling skeletons.
- The next required air jet ride is far more difficult: The required path is covered with several traps... On higher difficulties, these deal incredible damage, so navigating this one without a rogue along is extreme difficult, but possible. Easiest way: Face your character east, then sidestep onto the jet, push forward as you go up, and you should land on a good sized pipe and avoid some if not all the traps.
- The valve at the top will start an air jet, so watch where you stand (on top of the valve itself is a good place). It will send you into the waiting wings of a pair of gargoyles, guarding a valve in the ceiling.
- The lever behind the secret door at the top of the long ladder will start air jets behind you; depending where you stand, you'll go to one of three alcoves. There are nothing on the two to the north/south, but the middle (east) one has a chest. You may need to go north, and then jump over.
- The first shrine, by the electric floors, is just about a point of no return, without a high jump or Dimension Door; might as well hit 'em.
- The electric floors are auto-hit, no saves. These floors do a tremendous amount of damage, especially on elite. Watch your step! The first set can be avoided by walking around; the second set (after the air jet upward), however, cannot. It is possible to ride the first air jet up to the pipes at the level of the elementals and avoid that electric floor.
- The elemental guardians on the second set of electric floors no longer spawn one at a time, after the previous one is killed. The cold jets on the pipes you're standing on will go nuts at some point during your battle with them, so be sure to have someone with good evasion and protection from cold turn the three valves. The valves may be turned in an order such that no cold jets need be run through: the valve on the north wall, then west, then east.
- Watch out for the air jets coming from the five pipes on the far side of the room. They will blow you into the center of the electric floor, which is pretty much auto death as you are hard to reach.
- A second ride on an air jet takes you to the third electric floor. This jet starts when the elemental guardians have all been killed. Again, this is auto-hit with no saves.
- The two gargoyles near the end, near a pair of valves, will have a conversation about lying... which then leads to them fighting each other. However, they won't kill each other. One of the valve extends the drawbridge, the other one sets of a powerful lightning trap (shoots out 4 ball lightnings). It's random which one is which.
- The exit at the end of quest leads to the Harbor in front of the Waterworks, recall out if you want to grab your end reward quickly.
- Plorax is at the end of the bridge at the top of the central room.
- Vasimus is down a side tunnel looping to the north at the top of the central room.
- Ereniel is down the passage at the top of the shaft.
- Kaylahn is up a long ladder to the west past the electric floors.
- Rowan Watzun is just past the electric floors.
- Spyderwolf's Youtube Video Quest Walkthrough link
- Aggression bonus: 76 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 111 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 7 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 10 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 12 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 16 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 22 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- NOTE: Vandal Bonus is only achievable by peeking around the corner near the exit and shooting one of the final 2 boxes.
- Chests: Five (six on Epic)
- One in east alcove at top of shaft with electric traps (locked)
- One near Ereniel
- One for killing Rowan Watzun
- One near Kaylahn
- Chest near the end
- Can drop any of the crafting sigils
- One end chest on Epic difficulties
- Collectables: One
- Alchemy Table just west of Rowan Watzun
- NPC rewards: Random item; choose from eight
- Air Elementals
- Air Mephit
- Animated Armors
- Arcane Skeletons
- Armored Iron Defenders
- Blood Tide Archers - Humans; ranged
- Blood Tide Spies - Humans; possibly rogues
- Disciple of the Shadow - Human caster; possibly cleric
- Fire Elementals
- Fire Mephits
- Gargoyle Scoundrels - One claims to always lie, and the other calls him on it.
- Greater Air Mephits
- Greater Ice Mephits
- Guardian Gargoyles
- Ice Mephits
- Necromancer Apprentices - Human casters; possibly wizards
- Skeletal Archers
- Swashbuckler Scoundrels - Humans
- Warforged Pirate Marines