The Lord of Eyes
|Requires access to adventure pack: Reign of Madness|
|The Lord of Eyes|
|Heroic XP:||♣3,792 ♦6,570 ♥6,819 ♠7,067|
|Takes place in:||The Lower Arcanum|
|NPC contact:||Elawyn Thwr|
|Quest acquired in:||The Tower of the Twelve|
|Free to Play:||No|
Belashyrra, the Lord of Eyes, has escaped from Khyber and taken up residence inside the Tower of the Twelve. The Twelve has recruited the Lord of Stone to help them against his ancient rival.
Elawyn Thwr has asked you to help the Twelve evict the Lord of Eyes from the Tower of the Twelve and enter it. You will receive further instructions there.
- You must have completed the other 3 quests in the Reign of Madness story arc to start this quest.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Speak with Ferrah Deene
- Speak with Herodigas Melange
- Capture Prodigal Fire Elementals (Capture 5)
- Take the Fire Elemental essence
- Capture Prodigal Earth Elementals (Capture 5)
- Take the Earth Elemental essence
- Capture Prodigal Water Elementals (Capture 5)
- Take the Water Elemental essence
- Capture Prodigal Air Elementals (Capture 5)
- Take the Air Elemental essence
- Bind elemental essences to the Magefire Cannon
- Fire the Magefire Cannon
- Assemble at the central portal
- Banish Belashyrra, the Lord of Eyes
- (Optional) Defeat Belashyrra's Ocular Hounds (12% of base XP)
- (Optional) Defeat Opuloxx the Indomitable (10% of base XP)
- (Optional) Defeat All-Seeing Ulthraat (10% of base XP)
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed, undisarmable)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Force jets later in the boss battle - randomized locations but generated from the eyes around the room.
Tips and Misc
- This quest is a good source of Watcher's Eyes
- Feel free to fully buff up, as unlike regular (more challenging) beholders, most of the beholders in this quest are Chaos Beholders, which do not have an antimagic cone. The only exception is Opuloxx, but he is right next to a shrine so rebuffing after defeating him should be no problem.
- The final battle against Belashyrra features endless waves of constantly respawning enemies (evil eyes and various beholders), which can overwhelm you if you allow it to go on too long.
- Bonus XP:
- Devious Bonus: Always get this. Seems like no matter how many monsters you kill, no kill bonus is possible, but you're always devious for doing this quest.
- Mischief Bonus: 39 breakables smashed
- Vandal Bonus: 49 breakables smashed
- Ransack Bonus: 60 breakables smashed
- Chests: Total of 4
- End chest
- One for slaying the named beholder "Opuloxx the Indomitable"
- One possible for slaying the optional render "Ulthraat"
- One possible for slaying the optional "Ocular Hounds"
- NPC rewards: Random selection of 4 items. Also unlocks the separate chain end reward, if you've done all the quests in order.
Named Chest Drop
- Beholder Plate Armor* - +5 Full plate: Antimagic Spike, Telekinesis Guard, Trace of Madness, Metal Fatigue (Opuloxx chest) [ML:14, BTA]
- Beholder Plate Docent* - +5 Docent: Antimagic Spike, Telekinesis Guard, Trace of Madness, Metal Fatigue (Opuloxx chest) [ML:14, BTA]
- * - Beholder Plate Armor/Docent can also be acquired from Harbinger of Madness end reward
- Item:Belashyrra's Cleansed Scepter - +5 Light Hammer: Single-Mindedness, Efficient Metamagic - Empower II, **random effects from the following** (End chest) [ML:16, BTA]
- Spellcasting Implement +15, Radiance +84, Greater Regeneration
- Spellcasting Implement +15, Combustion +84, Invalid Entry, See: Template:Spelllore for more Information
- Spellcasting Implement +15, Glaciation +84, Invalid Entry, See: Template:Spelllore for more Information
- Greater Evocation Focus, Invalid Entry, See: Template:Spelllore for more Information
- Greater Necromancy Focus, Invalid Entry, See: Template:Spelllore for more Information
- Armored Beholders
- Beholder Fleshmenders
- Chaos Beholders
- Evil Eyes
- Eye Horrors
- Frost Beholders
- Greater Evil Eyes
- Greater Thaarak Hounds
- Mind Flayer Mages
- Prodigal Air Elementals
- Prodigal Earth Elementals
- Prodigal Fire Elementals
- Prodigal Water Elementals
- Xorian Renders