|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
Hold for Reinforcements
|Requires access to adventure pack: Ruins of Threnal|
Now is the time for valor in the face of overwhelming evil. You must protect Coyle until Deneith's reinforcements can secure the Library of Threnal.
|Hold for Reinforcements|
|Heroic XP:||♣448 ♦784 ♥820 ♠855|
|Takes place in:||The Library of Threnal|
|NPC contact:||Sal Danel|
|Quest acquired in:||Ruins of Threnal|
|Free to Play:||No|
Coyle has sent an urgent request for help. The fire reaver Basthuul is rallying his minions in a last-ditch attempt to overrun the library and slaughter House Deneith's exploratory team. You must defend Coyle until his magical beacon is fully activated.
- Part 3 of The Eastern Excavation (Threnal East 3).
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Defend the library for 15 minutes
- Slay Basthuul
- Coyle Lovell must not be slain.
What to Expect
- Timed quest (15 minutes)
- Quest failure (if Coyle dies)
- Protect an NPC (mandatory)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
Tips and Misc
- The 15 minute timer starts as soon as the first person enters the quest and it doesn't take long before mobs start spawning, so try and enter together. Buff Coyle Lovell as soon as you get in with the buffs listed below and more. He thinks he's a bit of a hero and he tries to "help" in the fight, which gets him a lot of aggro. Making sure he doesn't get slain often involves stopping him trying to kill everything as well as himself.
- If you're running this at level, a full balanced group is recommended. A caster with heightened web can be very useful on this quest to ensure all non-fire monsters are quickly controlled before they can harm Coyle. Cloudkill helps a lot to draw aggro to the party as well, and given its long duration, can be maintained throughout the quest with careful spell point usage.
- Otto's Sphere of Dancing is another useful crowd control spell if you're running this above level.
- Useful buffs:
- Resists: Acid, Cold, Fire
- Heroism/Greater Heroism
- Aid/Mass Aid (extra temporary HP is always good!)
- Rage for more HP
- Possibly Bear's Endurance
- Deathward (Stops Tharaak Hounds' dance of death, Renders' inflict wounds)
- You can hit Coyle Lovell on the head using bluff to stop him running into his death, it's useful to put an AoE CC spell such as Otto's Sphere of Dancing or Web on top of him when he's down. He'll wake up when damaged, however, so keep a close eye on him.
- This quest is extremely difficult to solo at level. For some classes, it may be flat out impossible. Coyle's HP does not scale and he is easily one-shot by a mephit's fire-breath. It's highly recommended to run this quest with a group if you want to avoid multiple failures.
- If you're just after completion for end rewards or looking for a mystical goblet, it is easily soloable on casual with a cleric (or hireling) to spam blade barriers around the poor knocked out Coyle
- Aggression bonus: 72 monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Chests: One Endchest, May contain the unique loot listed below
- NPC rewards: Random item
- Cinder's Dance - Ring: Dodge Bonus 2%, Tumble +11, Lesser Fire Guard
- Ral's Wrath - +2 Kama: Absolute Law, Greater Cold Resistance
- Brown Spider Princes
- Flesh Renders
- Glass Spider Queens
- Granite Gargoyles
- Huge Rust Monsters
- Ice Flenser
- Iron Golems
- Mephit of Fernia
- Mephit of Lamannia
- Mephit of Risia
- Thaarak Hounds