|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
Escort the Expedition
|Requires access to adventure pack: Ruins of Threnal|
House Deneith staked a fortune on this venture. But is the Library of Threnal a storehouse of treasures or a trap for the unwary?
|Escort the Expedition|
|Heroic XP:||♣3,242 ♦5,698 ♥5,993 ♠6,288|
|Takes place in:||The Library of Threnal|
|NPC contact:||Sal Danel|
|Quest acquired in:||Ruins of Threnal|
|Free to Play:||No|
Now that the Library of Threnal has been rediscovered, escort the mage Coyle and his fellow House Deneith explorers to its location. Coyle must survive to set up the magical beacon that will allow House Deneith to teleport men and supplies directly to the site.
- Part 2 of The Eastern Excavation (Threnal East 2).
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Escort Coyle Lovell to the Library of Threnal
- (Optional) Escort Coyle's fellow explorers to the Library of Threnal (10% of base XP)
- Open the door to the Library of Threnal
- Enter the Library of Threnal
- Slay Basthuul
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed)
- Quest failure (if Coyle dies)
- Protect NPCs (mandatory: 1 and optional: 2)
- Runes (optional: 2, require INT and WIS checks; can be bypassed with Spot or Detect Secret Doors)
- Lever (optional: 1, requires STR check)
- Two Horizontal Blade Traps
- One Sonic Trap; fires once
- One Spike trap, easily timed
Tips and Misc
- Useful elemental buffs:
- Coyle Lovell, the NPC you love to hate. Keep him 1-1/2 inch (mini-map) away from the group.
- The first passage south only has a few fire mephits; the second one takes you past WF clerics, a rust monster, and air mephits.
- There's an ambush near the entrance which is triggered once someone reaches the 2 clay golems. If you leave Coyle & Co. at the entrance while you clear a path, make sure to go back and get them before the golems get activated.
- The library is rune-locked, requiring you to flip levers north and south. But before that, you have to get Coyle to the door. Hold him back while somebody trips the sonic traps.
- The second shrine in the north wing is opened by a lever up the stairs in the large room.
- The alcove behind the secret door with the northern rune lever is empty.
- The lever south of the STR lever, which opens the way forward, is protected by a single row of spike traps - easily timed, and also disabled by the lever.
- WARNING: Do NOT allow the NPC party (Coyle and Guards) to follow you along the bridge in the Southern Room. He can get stuck on the environment and bug your quest.
- WARNING: It is possible to kill Basthuul from a distance before the objective appears. It is then impossible to finish the quest. Get close enough to get the objective before killing it.
- Observance bonus: 1 secret door discovered +8% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 64 breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 83 breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 104 breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- No kill bonuses possible as this used to be a small part of a much larger map, and was never fixed.
- Chests: Four
- Two in the northeast room, upon killing the iron golem guarding them. The lever to open the gate is in the central pool.
- One just past the south door, behind bars opened a lever (17-18 STR required)
- One a little farther south, behind a secret door, which is possible to open without detect secret door or spot, by flipping the runes (17-18 WIS *and* 13-16 INT required for this)
- Collectables: Five (all in the north wing of the ruins)
- Alchemy Table near the first shrine
- Alchemy Table in the corner to the east
- Alchemy Table in the northern-most room
- Two Alchemy Tables (oddly set into the floor) in the room with the rune lever
- NPC rewards: None, until after completing the third quest in the Eastern Excavation.
- Brown Spider Princes
- Clay Golems
- Flesh Renders
- Glass Spider Queens
- Granite Gargoyles
- Huge Rust Monsters
- Iron Golem
- Large Earth Elemental
- Mephits of Fernia
- Mephits of Lamannia
- Mephits of Risia
- Thaarak Hounds
- Warforged Death Priests - Warforged Clerics