|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
On behalf of Chief Ungurz, you strike into the depths of Splinterskull. The peace of Darguun will be bought with blood.
|Requires access to adventure pack: Tangleroot Gorge|
|Heroic XP:||♣429 ♦772 ♥828 ♠884|
|Takes place in:||Outer Splinterskull Fortress|
|NPC contact:||Chief Ungurz|
|Quest acquired in:||Tangleroot Gorge|
|Free to Play:||No|
Enter the fortress of Splinterskull and kill twenty of Chief Yarkuch's hobgoblins.
- This is the first in the Assault on Splinterskull quest chain given by Ungurz.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Slay 20 Hobgoblin Guards
- (Optional) Slay Blademaster Chagg (10% of base XP)
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Stat check (optional; STR to open a door)
- Locked doors (optional)
- Spike trap in the western storeroom, in the corner beyond the door; box is on the western wall
- Electrical trap in the small room off the throne room; box is just inside the door on the north wall
- Blade trap (on both walls) down the corridor past the second shrine; box is on the north wall
- Spinning blade trap further down the corridor; box is on the south wall immediately after the blade trap
Tips and Misc
- Get comfortable with this area. You'll be spending a lot of time here doing this chain...
- All hobgoblins (not just the guards) count towards the 20.
- Entering the central chamber will trigger the optional quest.
- At the center of the eastern cellblock is a pit with 3 Night Scorpions in it. There is a door that requires STR 16 to open with a chest on the other side.
- The storerooms are located off the cellblocks; in this quest they're locked, but you get a key to them in the next quest and they remain unlocked after that.
- The entire Outer Splinterskull Fortress is explorable, despite the DM warning that "it may be too dangerous to go on."
- The various chests all refill at each stage of the quest; however, the same chest in different stages counts as the "same" chest for purposes of the "ransack" counter - if you run Tangleroot once, then again on a higher difficulty, you will find the loot substantially reduced.
- Collectibles may drop Silver Flame Hymnals, Fragrant Drowshoods, and Lightning-Split Soarwood, all used for crafting.
- In order to get any of the bonuses, you must be stealthy. Don't kill *any* of the hobgoblins you don't have to.
- It may be possible to achieve a bonus for monsters killed by farming the three spiders in the northeastern spider cave; 54 kills is insufficient for a bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 1 trap disarmed +8% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 3 traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 4 traps disarmed +15% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 52 breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 68 breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 85 breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: Five (last three are the same ones in all Outer Fortress quests)
- One in the western storeroom, behind a locked door
- One in the eastern storeroom, behind a locked door
- One in the room past the scorpion pit in the eastern cell block (requires STR 16)
- One behind the locked door in the central chamber
- One on the lookout ledge down the inner corridor past the second shrine
- Collectables: Nine (same spots in all Outer Fortress quests)
- Mushroom down the SW tunnel
- Adventurer's Pack down the SE tunnel
- Bookshelf in the alcove as you first enter the stronghold proper
- Adventurer's Pack in the spider pit in the western cell block
- Cabinet in the central chamber
- Mushroom just before the second shrine
- Mushroom on the lookout ledge
- Mushroom down the NW tunnel around the loop
- Mushroom down the S tunnel around the loop
- NPC rewards: None
- Black Widows
- Brown Spiders
- Brown Spider Princes
- Darkfang Spiders
- Gray Ooze
- Hobgoblin Clerics
- Hobgoblin Guards
- Hobgoblin Infiltrators
- Lesser Gray Ooze
- Night Scorpions