The Black Loch
Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
|Requires access to : Sentinels of Stormreach|
The Blood Tide's ruthless attack on the Black Loch struck fear into the local inhabitants.
|The Black Loch|
|Takes place in:||The Black Loch|
|Bestowed by:||Tyn d'Deneith|
|NPC contact:||Tyn d'Deneith|
|Quest acquired in:||House Deneith|
|Free to Play:||No|
After the Blood Tide invaded the Black Loch the local residents hired House Deneith to drive the Blood Tide out.
Tyn d'Deneith is sending you to the Black Loch to deal with the problem, but she warns you that there is something unnatural about the Blood Tide invaders.
- This is the second quest in the Sentinels of Stormreach story arc.
- Speak with Tyn d'Deneith
- Board the ship and slay the necromancer, Dheren Kiettuc
- Slay Dheren Kiettuc's four apprentices
- Open the door using a Green Key
- Open the door using a Red Key
- Open the door using a Blue Key
- Open the door using a Jeweled Key
- (Optional) Slay the Black Loch's Captain Heroic: +15% Bonus. / Epic: +15% Bonus.
- (Optional) Kill the failed zombie experiments - 20 total Heroic: +15% Bonus. / Epic: +15% Bonus.
- (Optional) Use the gold key to enter the vault Heroic: +15% Bonus. / Epic: +15% Bonus.
What to Expect
- Trap (fixed)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Spike trap just past the first shrine; control box is on the wall to the south, in the center of the trap. The trap *can* be timed to run through, avoiding damage.
Tips and Misc
- Lag Issue: Once in the area of the ship, severe lag may occur when you turn to view the ship. To workaround this issue, open Options-->Adv Graphics and temporarily disable Video Post Effects. This will remove the transparency effect on the water and reduce or eliminate video lag when facing the ship.
- The four keys are each guarded by one of Dheren Kiettuc's apprentices and several zombies
- The Green Key is in the east-most passage
- The Red Key is in the south lobe of the passage north of the spike traps
- The Blue Key is in the western end of the southwest passage
- The Jeweled Key is in the eastern end of the same passage; this time, the apprentice is surrounded by living pirates, not undead ones
- With enough jump, it's possible to swim to the walkway by the ship and jump/climb up, bypassing the Blue and Jeweled Doors entirely; however, you still have to (eventually) go through them. It's a good shortcut for those wishing to simply get the Gold Key or try for a Lion Sigil
- Due to the unique nature of the Undead in this quest, they can be manipulated with Intimidate, Bluff, and Diplomacy although it will not trigger sneak attacks.
- Despite coming across Failed Experiments earlier in the quest, you don't get the Optional to kill them until you stand on the pedestal in the Zombie Pen, in the northwest corner; the earlier Experiments don't count towards the 20.
- The Vault is in the westernmost room; the Gold Key is obtained after the fight with Dheren Kiettuc.
- The Black Loch's Captain may appear in the Vault.
- Mischief bonus: 17 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 22 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 27 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Notes: Aggression may only be possible on Epic
- Chests: Three minimum, six possible, seven on epic
- One (shaped like a clam) at the bottom of the water under the first shrine.
- One after killing the failed zombie experiments in the pen room.
- One per difficulty level (one for normal, two for hard, three for elite, four for epic) in the Vault
- 14 piles of gold to click on here as well.
- One possible in the Vault if the rare Zombie Captain appears.
- The chest which appears after killing Dheren contains the Gold Key, required to unlock the Vault, and has a chance to drop a Sigil of the Lion.
- Collectables: Three
- Moss in the Zombie Pen, in front of the pedestal
- Moss just past the western shrines, on the eastern side of the tunnel
- Moss just past the blue door, on the southern side of the tunnel
- NPC rewards: Random item; choose from four