Bargain of Blood
|Requires access to adventure pack: Sentinels of Stormreach|
The Blood Tide pirates created the Bargain Bazaar as a place to sell their plundered loot.
|Bargain of Blood|
|Heroic XP:||♣1,003 ♦1,778 ♥1,882 ♠1,987|
|Epic XP:||♣5,192 ♦8,953 ♥9,252 ♠9,551|
|Takes place in:||The Bargain Bazaar|
|Bestowed by:||Lille d'Deneith|
|NPC contact:||Lille d'Deneith|
|Quest acquired in:||House Deneith|
|Free to Play:||No|
The Blood Tide has set up a makeshift marketplace called the Bargain Bazaar. Here the pirates sell the booty they have accumulated through their illicit activies (sic). The merchants of Stormreach want the Bargain Bazaar shut down.
Travel to the Bargain Bazaar in the Searing Heights and kill the General Manager. The Searing Heights can be reached from a gate on the south side of the Marketplace. The entrance to the Bargain Bazaar can be found in the southwest of the Searing Heights.
- This is the first quest in the Sentinels of Stormreach story arc.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Find a way past the front gate.
- Find a way into the west section of the bazaar.
- Kill the General Manager
- (Optional) Destroy the Assassination Logbook (30% of base XP)
- (Optional) Free the slaves - 6 total (30% of base XP)
- (Optional) Meet up with House Deneith scouts (15% of base XP)
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed)
- Spinning blades in front of the NW shrine; control box is up the ladder, south of the switch.
- Spinning blades on the ramp to the slave market; control box is on the ground in the NW corner before the gate. Do NOT hit the lever above the gate; that will activate the trap, even if it's been disabled.
- Spikes around the slave traps; use levers (see below) to disable them.
- Spinning blades before first gate to the end room (near the Magic Mouth saying "Keep out!"); control box is on the ground to the south
- Spinning blades on ramp leading to the second gate to the end room; control box is on the ground to the north.
- Spikes around the lever near the General Manager's chair; the lever there will activate them. The ACTUAL lever to open the gate to the chest is on the fountain to the southwest.
Tips and Misc
- To get past the various gates, you often need to shoot a lever above it (one of the nearby breakables will drop a bow & 10 arrows); the lever can be hit with a thrown weapon using Targeting Mode (T).
- After going through the second gate, you must climb to the top of the guard tower in the middle of the yard and manually pull the lever at the top. You cannot get through the next gate (to the slave pens) without doing this.
- Many of the traps can be avoided by not activating the lever above the gate gem or next to the slave pen door. Look for other levers nearby.
- For the final gate, shoot the left-hand lever above the gate.
- In general, only shoot targets that have a gem immediately below them (i.e. within a foot or two below the target lever) and only pull levers that you can see an unlit gem behind the handle.
- In short, only use the levers marked in red on the map.
- The Bazaar has many Magic Mouths spread all over being used as advertisement for the Bazaar.
- The logbook is due south of the entrance, and is guarded by the First Mate and Nakar Brightedge.
- The slave market is to the NW; the lever above the gate will activate the spinning blades, even if the trap's already been disabled.
- The House Deneith mercenaries will be along the river on the way to the slave market. There will be a break in the fence to the north, and a path down. The mercenaries are one battle cleric and several men at arms, all Humans, CR ♠12. You can spur them by talking to them.
- The levers by the gates to the slave pens will activate spikes; to open the pens, you need to flip the lever up the stairs to the west, and then the 5 levers on the bottom row in the newly-opened NW pen. The lever above the five will activate spikes in that pen.
- The way the tiny Manager sits on top of the large General Manager is reminiscent of Master Blaster in Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome, even including the compound name. The kobold "Manager" refers in combat dialog to his minotaur mount/guard as "The General".
- Aggression bonus: 98+ or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 2 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 3 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 4 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 31 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 44 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 54 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: Three minimum
- One near the Assassination Logbook
- One in the slave pen with the switches for the other pens
- One after killing the General Manager & Manager
- Final Chest has possibility of dropping Goat crafting sigil.
- NPC rewards: Selection of 4 random items, ML1-4
- Blood Tide Archers - Hobgoblins
- Blood Tide Creepers - Drow
- Blood Tide Pirates - Hobgoblins
- Blood Tide Sharpshooters - Drow; ranged
- Blood Tide Skirmishers - Hobgoblins
- Blood Tide Skulkers - Kobold rogue
- Blood Tide Sorcerers - Drow sorcerers
- Blood Tide Spellsplicer - Drow casters; possibly wizards
- Blood Tide Spiritcallers - Orc casters
- Slave - Troll slave in the pens
- First Mate - Optional orange-named minotaur found near the first shrine; doesn't always spawn
- General Manager - Red-named minotaur
- Manager - Red-named kobold shaman perched on top of the General Manager; starts to fight after the GM is slain
- Nakar Brightedge <Assassination Director> - Optional orange-named drow guarding the logbook
- Shackle, Slavemaster - Optional orange-named bugbear guarding the slave pens