|Lesser Reincarnation||Heroic True Reincarnation||Iconic True Reincarnation||Epic Reincarnation|
|Past Life Feats||Iconic Past Life Feats||Epic Past Life Feats|
Reincarnation enables players to leverage their existing progress with one of their current Player Characters, and allows players to change certain decisions made in that character's advancement, like a respec, in the case of Lesser Reincarnation or Epic Reincarnation, or to create a more powerful hero, in the case of True Reincarnation.
All reincarnated characters will retain the name and items from the previous character incarnation. Characters go through the Character Creation Menu, as when they started, and then they go on to a flying ship. There they speak to a historian, and go through a menu for their changes. If they are changing their classes (Lesser Heart +1, etc.), they have to immediately make that selection as they level up, or else they are stuck with their previous classes. Then they can level up to their current status. If the character is performing a True Reincarnation or Epic Reincarnation the will acquire a Past Life feat.
How To Reincarnate
How to get a Heart of the Wood
- All Hearts of Wood can be purchased in the DDO Store.
- A +0 Heart of the Wood is given to every character on first login once.
- Lesser Hearts of Wood are extremely rare drops in random chests.
- Heroic True Hearts of Wood for Heroic True Reincarnation can be earned by trading Token of the Twelve at Lahar outside the Tower of the Twelve.
- Iconic True and Epic Hearts of Wood can be earned by trading Commendation of Valor and Heart Seed. Double click the commendations or the heart seeds to bring up their respective barter menus.
|Level requirement|| Enhancements
|Spell book|| Feats
|Class|| Race, Gender
|Lesser||-||reset||-||reset||reset||28pt → 32pt||-||-||reset||Lesser Heart of Wood|
|+X Lesser||-||reset||-||reset||reset||28pt → 32pt||reset X levels||-||reset||+X Lesser Heart of Wood|
|Heroic True||20||reset||reset||reset||reset|| 28pt → 34pt
32pt → 34pt
34pt → 36pt
|reset all levels||reset||reset|| Heroic True Heart of Wood |
All acquired XP and favor
|Iconic True||28||reset||reset||reset||reset||reset||reset||reset||Iconic True Heart of Wood|
|Epic||28||reset||reset||reset||reset||Epic Heart of Wood|
1 - Wizards and Artificers will keep their spell books. They will not be able to select new/different spells leveling up, any additional spells desired will need to be learned through scrolls. All other spell casting classes will get to re-select spells. There is an exception for True Reincarnation - spell books will be fully reset if you TR.
2 - Due to Drow racial inherent stat bonuses, reincarnations into Drow will only yield 30 point builds on first reincarnation (32 on 2nd or higher). Note: The 28→32 point upgrade will only happen if you have unlocked 32 point builds through favor or the DDO store.
- Since update 11, experience, guild experience, crafting experience, loot boost potions carry over through reincarnation.
- With all forms of reincarnation, your tomes will gradually re-apply themselves as you increase in level, at the minimum levels the tomes can be applied at. If you ate a +3 strength tome, for instance, and then lesser reincarnated, you would get a +1 inherent bonus strength at level 3, +2 at level 7, and +3 at level 11. +4 tomes will apply at level 15, +5 tomes will apply at level 19, +6 tomes will apply at level 23, and +7 tomes will apply at level 27. See Tomes for more information.
- An Epic Reincarnation on a non-Iconic character can be followed up with a Heroic True Reincarnation. At level 28, you use the Epic Heart of Wood at the Life Shaper, log out and press Reincarnate on the character select menu, talk to your class trainer(s) to level back up to 20, then visit the Life Shaper again and use a Heroic True Heart of Wood and press Reincarnate on the character select menu again.
- If you Lesser Reincarnate, you must wait 3 days before Lesser Reincarnating again. You may, however, undergo True Reincarnation immediately after Lesser Reincarnating, as True Reincarnation is on a timer separate from the timer for Lesser Reincarnation. (That is, of course, provided you have not also Truly Reincarnated within a week's time.)
- The NPC Kruz the Reincarnation Trainer in House Jorasco has been discontinued as of Update 20, but his replacement will send you to the right place.