Heroic True Reincarnation
|Lesser Reincarnation||Heroic True Reincarnation||Racial Reincarnation||Iconic True Reincarnation||Epic Reincarnation|
|Past Life Feats||(Racial) Past Life Feats||Iconic Past Life Feats||Epic Past Life Feats|
Characters that are not Iconic Heroes are eligible to undergo Heroic True Reincarnation (HTR) once they reach level 20. This allows the character to be reborn as a more powerful incarnation. Almost everything but the character's name can be changed in this process. Non-Iconic characters can TR into Iconics as of Update 20. In that case loss of XP would be level 20 back to level 15.
Note that any reincarnation cannot be combined with any other reincarnation option - it's one or the other, never two (or more) at once.
Tapping into memories of their former selves, Heroic True Reincarnated characters will receive additional build points to spend during character generation, as well as unique bonuses in the form of access to Past Life Feats. Each incarnation will also upgrade the character's status on their examine window (to Hero for second-life characters and Legend for third life characters and beyond), and the character will be slightly physically larger than previous lives. Also, TR'd characters have a blue lighting effect that surrounds their body upon log-on and zone-in.
True Reincarnation allows players to relive their journey through Stormreach. Characters will keep no experience or favor upon creation, will start at level 1 for classic races (regardless of VIP or Veteran Status) or level 15 for Iconic Heroes, and will require more experience to progress through each level. The first TR grants access to a 34-point build (30 for Drow), even if the character was initially created as a 28 point build. The second and subsequent TR grants access to a 36-point build (32 for Drow). In addition, Heroic True Reincarnation allows a Premium/Free to Play character to open quests on a higher difficulty — the first TR allows the character to open quests on Hard difficulty, and the second and subsequent TR allows the character to open quests on Elite (VIPs can, of course, open all quests on Elite from any character).
|Status||Description||Build point||Physical||Blue light|
|Hero||2nd life/After 1st TR||34-point build||2-3% taller||Yes|
|Legend||3rd life/After 2nd and subsequent TR||36-point build||5% taller|
If you undergo True Reincarnation, you must wait 3 days before True Reincarnating again. You may, however, perform a Lesser Reincarnation immediately after a True Reincarnation, as True Reincarnation is on a timer separate from the timer for Lesser Reincarnation. (That is, of course, provided that you have not also Lesser Reincarnated within 3 days' time.) Heroic True Reincarnation and Iconic True Reincarnation are on the same shared timer.
Some notes about True Reincarnation:
- Your "TR cache" will be built, which will hold any overflow from existing larger backpacks or bank vault (see next). If you have any items in it from previous True Reincarnations it will not allow you to TR.
- You will not lose your items*. All of the contents of your Character's Inventory and Bank are placed in a new bank window called the Reincarnation Cache (remove only). Order of items is not maintained, so don't bother sorting before you reincarnate.
- The Reincarnation Cache's "remove-only" restriction is not maintained for items that are added to stacks of that item already in your TR cache. So, you can remove stacks from bags before you TR, so you can use your TR cache to store more of those stacks. You do have to remove the whole stack from the TR cache when you actually need to use the item. Split stacks of these items are auto-stacked in TR bank; however, you can place all but one back in your bags to maximize your extra storage abilities. Examples (Maximum stack sizes, if known; otherwise, normal stack size should be assumed.) include:
- Your mailbox is untouched; no need to empty it before True Reincarnation. The same is true of the Auction House.
- Your currency is untouched, but if you are Free to Play you will start back at the level 1 currency cap of 1,250 pp and may go 'over cap' and any currency above the cap will be lost if you try to mail or spend it. F2P characters should always be empty of currency before True Reincarnation to avoid this.
- Since Update 13, your Tomes, including Tomes of Learning, will persist through reincarnation.
- Keep your Sigil of Dal Quor (flagged for Titan raid), Sigil: Frame with additional pieces (partial flagging for Abbot raid), Phiarlan Pendant of Time (fast city travel). All can be used in your new life without having to work for them.
- Stock up on potions/scrolls/low level gear if you have a better Haggle now than you will at the start of your new life.
- Because your Favor is reset, you will get the 25 bonus DDO Store points every 100 favor again in your new life.
- Your backpack resets to 3 tabs, and your bank to 1 tab (plus any DDO Store-bought personal backpack/bank space).
- Your quest completions and timers are reset. Many players choose to wait until they get their 20th completion on some raids before TRing, such as The Shroud to get an Essence of Cleansing.
- Your spellbook is wiped. You will have to re-inscribe all spells.
- Bug: Important: Export your friends list before reincarnating and import after to prevent loss of comments.
- Although you start again on Korthos island like any newly created character, you will receive quest appropriate starter items, but you will not receive Founder items, or pre-order bonuses again.
A larger list is on the forum here:.