Prey on the Hunter
|Requires access to : The Reaver's Reach|
After leaving the troubles of Korthos Island, the white dragon Aussircaex found Sanctuary here to lay her eggs.
|Prey on the Hunter|
|Takes place in:||Dragon Sanctuary|
|Quest acquired in:||Reaver's Refuge|
|Patron:||Agents of Argonnessen|
|Free to Play:||No|
In order to breach the defenses protecting Sor'jek's hidden fortress, H'rosin of Argonessen has asked you to retrieve Eberron Dragonshard Essence. It's located deep withing Aussircaex's Valley, and H'Rosin created a portal for you to travel there.
- Retrieve the Eberron Dragonshard Essence
- Stop the giants from stealing the eggs
- Breach the magical barrier
- Rescue the dragon from the giant hunters
- (Optional) Slay Roskilde: (20% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay Aussiroth: (55% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay Aussircaex: (55% of base XP)
What to Expect
- Collapsible floors
- Points of no return
- Overlapping floors
- Maze (random layout)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Quest failure (if Aussircaex dies to giants)
- Randomly placed lever (mandatory)
- Protect an NPC (mandatory: Aussircaex)
Tips and Misc
- Despite the "2 or more" indicator on the quest, it can be soloed.
- Giants begin attacking the dragon as soon as the first party member enters the maze. The team should gather before the threshold for buffs, haste, and be informed that they need to stick together.
- To drop the magic barrier you need to find a lever which will spawn in one of many locations (all marked on the map)
- The maze will have three major turning options, left, right, and center, only one of which will take you to the ramp upwards.
- Giants are immune to mind-affecting spells, but not Flesh to Stone. Unfortunately, being giants, they also have immensely high fortitude saves (DC30 seemed to have about a 10% success rate on Normal). Having the Master Transmuter's Staff from Lordsmarch Plaza will help somewhat with this tactic.
- If the enemy boss giant is allowed to engage the dragon, he will be difficult to peel off. Get his attention as soon as possible and kite him away from the dragon. Dragging the dragon away from the entrance may help with this a little.
- Area effect spells like Firewall will hurt the dragon as well. Be careful where you place them.
- After the Giants are repelled, you can initiate an optional dragon fight against Aussircaex, and her mate, Aussiroth. To initiate the fight, simply tell the dragon you'll take her eggs (threaten her, basically).
- Mischief bonus: 14 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: ~18 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Chests: 6 - 7
- 1 in the tunnels before the magic barrier (can spawn in multiple locations)
- 1 for killing Roskilde (Optional Frost Giant, found after the magic barrier)
- 1 at the very last fight against giants before getting to the shrine (doesn't always spawn)
- 1 at the end for saving Aussircaex
- always drops Toothpick, the Eberron Dragonshard Essence and a Tempest Rune
- 3 optional for killing Aussircaex and Aussiroth (White Dragons), alongside 7 Gold Piles
- NPC rewards: Standard
Named Chest Drop
- Drow Slaves
- Frost Giant Clerics
- Frost Giant Hunters
- Frost Giant Mages
- Frost Giant Raiders
- Frost Wolves
- Aussircaex - Optional purple-named female young adult white dragon; must choose the dialogue option to fight the dragons after killing Kaljarne
- Aussiroth - Optional purple-named male young adult white dragon; must choose the dialogue option to fight the dragons after killing Kaljarne
- Kaljarne - Red-named frost giant; end boss
- Roskilde - Optional red-named frost giant; always spawns