Monastery of the Scorpion
Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
|Requires access to : The Reaver's Reach|
This ancient monastery must have been abandoned for a good reason.
|Monastery of the Scorpion|
|Takes place in:||Drow Monastery|
|Quest acquired in:||Reaver's Refuge|
|Patron:||Agents of Argonnessen|
|Free to Play:||No|
- Acquire the Siberys Dragonshard Essence
- Breach the sealed barrier
- Navigate down the shaft
- Gain access to the guardians chamber
- (Optional) Slay Athene: +10% Bonus.
- (Optional) Slay Varayana, Mockery Master: +10% Bonus.
- (Optional) Slay Hashshashi: +10% Bonus.
- (Optional) Light the runes around the symbol: +10% Bonus.
- (Optional) Solve the guardian's puzzle: +30% Bonus.
What to Expect
- Traps (random, some fixed, some undisarmable)
- Collapsible floor
- Points of no return
- Overlapping floors
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Puzzles (mandatory: tile puzzle and light puzzle)
- Randomly placed levers (mandatory: 1 on the top floor, 1 on the bottom floor)
Many, mainly blades.
Shaft room also features a gelatinous cube trap that will break the catwalks which contain 2 levers. Note that this trap is only triggered if you fall all the way to the bottom, so you may still obtain the bonus chest if you land on the catwalks as you flip the rune and activate both levers, regardless of whether you disabled the trap. Trap reflex DC's on Elite:
- Shaft room - reflex DC51, 100 damage
- Shrine area - reflex DC55, 350 damage
- Corridor traps - reflex DC63
Tips and Misc
- Athene may spawn in one of the sealed rooms on the top floor.
- Chactini may spawn in one of the sealed rooms on the top floor.
- Hashshashi may spawn in one of the rooms on the top or bottom floor.
- Varayana may spawn in one of the rooms on the bottom floor.
- Guardian's Puzzle:
- Puzzle Solver: http://www.axiomfiles.com/Files/320262/monastery.html
- Puzzle is always solvable in its initial form. However, if you burn out a tile, you may make it unsolvable and thus need to either kill Sannyasi through combat (extremely hard) or burn out another tile and try again. So if you wish to complete it, be careful not to hit Sannyasi at all, as even a single hit has a chance to burn out a tile. When a tile burns out, it does not disappear from the board, but goes dark.
- Every time Sannyasi is taken down by about 10% health (After the initial tic, which is random and can be as little as 1% health), it burns out a puzzle piece in the on position. (There may be a limit on the number of pieces that can be burned out)
- If at any time the puzzle is solved, Sannyasi dies.
- If you have the puzzle reduced to only need one piece being lit, and that one happens to be the one Sannyasi has burned out, it dies as he essentially completes the puzzle for you. It's even possible he may just complete it accidentally immediately as you enter the room and kill himself, which is always funny; however, this is an extremely rare occurrence.
- Bug: Sannyasi has a mechanic that will reset his health bars to full health. This is supposed to only activated in the instance he leaves combat and there are no other targets available (i.e. all targets dead, dimension door, teleport, etc.), however, this appears to be occurring while he is also in combat.
- Devious bonus: 10 or less monsters killed +7% Bonus.
- Aggression bonus: 90 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 116 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 140 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 10 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 11 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 12 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Observance bonus: 1 or more secret door discovered +8% Bonus.
- Chests: 5 - 9
- 1 in the entrance area near the first shrine
- 1 in shaft room
- 1 in water room
- 1 for killing Chactini (Scorpion, doesn't always spawn)
- 1 optional for killing Hashshashi (Drow, doesn't always spawn)
- 1 optional for killing Athene (Drow Cleric, doesn't always spawn, can spawn in multiple locations)
- 1 optional for killing Varayana (Drow Monk, doesn't always spawn, can spawn in multiple locations)
- 1 at the end for killing Sannyasi (Drow Scorpion)
- drops Siberys Dragonshard Essence and Eldritch Rune
- 1 optional at the end for solving the puzzle
- drops an extra Eldritch Rune
- Rubbles, altars, adventurer's packs.
- Can drop low level collectables which can be used for Alchemical Rituals.
- NPC rewards: Standard, Choose from 10. Loot lvl17+ thus +2 tomes possible.
|Sannyasi (view)||Aberration||Drow Scorpion|
|Claw of Vulkoor (monster) (view)||Vermin||Scorpion|
|Gelatinous Cube (view)||Ooze||Gelatinous Cube|
The above was automatically compiled via DPL, 22:31:25 cache updated, time elapsed = -0.53087091445923 (please, do not keep reloading this page unless necessary, since it will not load from the cache, it will be re-generated from scratch every time, putting some additional load on the server every time)