Stealer of Souls
Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
|Requires access to : The Reaver's Reach|
The Truthful One transformed Sor'jek into a lich and tasked him to assemble an undead draconic army.
|Stealer of Souls|
|Takes place in:||Sorjek's Lair|
|Quest acquired in:||Reaver's Refuge|
|Patron:||Agents of Argonnessen|
|Free to Play:||No|
In this very challenging quest you must conquer four very different sections within the 1 hour time limit. Only then can you face Sor'Jek.
For information about how to get to the reaver refuge to start this story arc, see : Refuge in the Storm (Story arc).
- Talk to Aurben, in the Marketplace next to Cydonie, and get the quest Refuge in the Storm. You have to be at least level 13 to do this.
- Then go to Captain Agamon at the top of the Spire (in the Marketplace); he gets you to Siber Atoll. Jump down from the airship, swim down into the water and enter the crevice to enter the Reaver's Refuge town area.
- Find the Stormreaver in his Refuge and click on him to complete the Refuge in the Storm quest. He tells you that Sor'jek (formerly known as Tempest's Spine's boss and the Stormreaver's lieutenant) became a lich and must be defeated. Optionally, the Stormreaver can give you a fly buff to let you check around and more easily find Ternathear's Inner Lair in the east upper area of the town.
- Ternathear gives you a quest, The Essence of a Dragon, and asks you to collect gems found in the Exploration Zones. The gems drop out of rare encounter treasure chests in these zones. Once you get gems and turn them in, you never need to repeat this process. You only need any three of these six gems. (Additional gems may be sold.)
- Obtain Dragonshard Essences from Enter the Kobold, Prey on the Hunter and Monastery of the Scorpion. Turn them in to Toriavic, an NPC next to Thear. A complete set of Essences is required each time you run the quest (reflagging).
- After completing this quest once, you may purchase any Dragonshard Essence from the Vorace the Dragontouched Vendor in the crafting section in exchange for Draconic Runes
- Stop the Ritual
- Discover the source of Sor'jek's power
- Defeat the elemental masters (Kill 4)
- (Optional) Defeat Sor'jek +50% Bonus.
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed, some undisarmable)
- Traps disabled by levers, not rogue skill
- Points of no return
- Timed quest (60 minutes)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Quest failure (if the 4 elemental masters are not killed before the time runs out)
- Mandatory STR check of (root barrier)
- Barrier around Sor'jek (1000+ damage, main room)
- Falling spikes (untyped damage, earth section)
- Cold+Air jets (cold damage, ice section)
- Blowing off airstream (no damage, air section)
Tips and Misc
This is a timed quest, you have to defeat four elemental masters within 60 minutes in order to stop Sor'jek's ritual. Activate a rune in the central room to get teleported to the area of the elemental masters.
- In the earth area, defeat 3 elders in the side chambers before proceeding north and facing Bhumi.
- In the cold area, optionally pull the levers in the bottom to disable icy air jets, or run up a ramp through the jets to face Jala.
- In the fire area, activate three runes to open way to Agni.
- In the air area, pull a few levers as you run up some ramps, until you face Pavan.
After defeating each elemental master, there is a chest, a set of shrines, and a rune. Activate the rune to return to the central area.
As soon as you defeat the fourth your quest completes. Therefore, if you lose in optional fight with undead Sor'jek thereafter, you cannot re-enter the quest, as your quest is already completed and it requires re-flagging.
- Spirit of Lamannia creates Sor'jek's Regeneration: Sor'jek is drawing power from one of his familiars, allowing him to heal.
- Spirit of Fernia creates Sor'jek's Ritual of Protection: Sor'jek is channeling a protective shield through his elemental spirit.
- Spirit of Risia creates Sor'jek's Freezing Shield: Sor'jek is channeling freezing cold though his Risia spirit into a damaging shield.
- Spirit of Syrania creates Sor'jek's Speed of Wind: Channeling the spirit of the wind, Sor'jek moves more quickly.
- Aggression bonus: 86 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 98 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 123
- Bonus Notes: Getting onslaught requires nearly every kill in the quest, conquest requires killing a huge amount of respawns. or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- 4 for killing the 4 Elemental Masters
- optional for killing Sor'jek (Lich)
- One end chest contains a random Sovereign Rune which is likely but not guaranteed to drop on casual.
- NPC rewards: 50 Draconic Runes. For every 3 completions, there is the additional choice of 1 random Rune (Eldritch, Tempest or Sovereign).
|Sor'jek Incanni (lich) (view)||Undead||Lich|
|Spirit of Fernia (view)||Fire Outsider||Mephit|
|Spirit of Lamannia (view)||Earth Outsider||Mephit|
|Spirit of Risia (view)||Air Outsider||Mephit|
|Spirit of Syrania (view)||Air Outsider||Mephit|
|Stone Giant Elder (NoPic)||Giant||Giant|
|Elder Earth Elemental (view)||Elemental||Earth Elemental|
|Ice Flenser (view)||Evil Outsider||Demon|
|Raging Fire Elemental (NoPic)||Elemental||Fire Elemental|
|Syrania Air Elemental (view)||Elemental||Air Elemental|
The above was automatically compiled via DPL, 06:42:01 result from cache, age: 08:09:08 of max 1 day - if you think that's not up-to-date, (please, use sparingly, since it puts some additional load on the server)