|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
Stealer of Souls
|Requires access to adventure pack: Reaver's Reach|
|Stealer of Souls|
|Heroic XP:||♣5,340 ♦9,252 ♥9,604 ♠9,956|
|Takes place in:||Sorjek's Lair|
|Quest acquired in:||Reaver's Refuge|
|Patron:||Agents of Argonnessen|
|Free to Play:||No|
In this very challenging quest you must conquer four very different sections within the 1 hour time limit. Only then can you face Sor'Jek.
For information about how to get to the reaver refuge to start this story arc, see : Refuge in the Storm (Story arc).
- Talk to NPC Aurben, in the Marketplace next to Cydonie, and get the quest Refuge in the Storm. You have to be at least level 13 to do this.
- Then go to NPC Captain Agamon at the top of the Spire (in the Marketplace); he gets you to Siber Atoll. Jump down from the airship, swim down into the water and enter the crevice to enter the Reaver's Refuge town area.
- Find the Stormreaver in his Refuge and click on him to complete the Refuge in the Storm quest. He tells you that Sor'jek (formerly known as Tempest's Spine's boss and the Stormreaver's lieutenant) became a lich and must be defeated. Optionally, the Stormreaver can give you a fly buff to let you check around and more easily find Ternathear's Inner Lair in the east upper area of the town.
- Ternathear gives you a quest, The Essence of a Dragon, and asks you to collect gems found in the Exploration Zones. The gems drop out of rare encounter treasure chests in these zones. Once you get gems and turn them in, you never need to repeat this process. You only need any three of these six gems. (Additional gems may be sold.)
- Obtain Dragonshard Essences from Enter the Kobold, Prey on the Hunter and Monastery of the Scorpion. Turn them in to Toriavic, an NPC next to Thear. A complete set of Essences is required each time you run the quest (reflagging).
- After completing this quest once, you may purchase any Dragonshard Essence from the Vorace the Dragontouched Vendor in the crafting section in exchange for Draconic Runes
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Stop the Ritual
- Discover the source of Sor'jek's power
- Defeat the elemental masters (Kill 4)
- (Optional) Defeat Sor'jek (50% of base XP)
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed, some undisarmable)
- Traps disabled by levers, not rogue skill
- Points of no return
- Timed quest (60 minutes)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Quest failure (if the 4 elemental masters are not killed before the time runs out)
- Mandatory STR check of ♣16 (root barrier)
- Barrier around Sor'jek (1000+ damage, main room)
- Falling spikes (untyped damage, earth section)
- Cold+Air jets (cold damage, ice section)
- Blowing off airstream (no damage, air section)
Tips and Misc
This is a timed quest, you have to defeat four elemental masters within 60 minutes in order to stop Sor'jek's ritual. As soon as you defeat the fourth your quest completes, so if you lose in optional fight with undead Sor'jek thereafter, you cannot re-enter the quest, as your quest is already completed and it requires re-flagging.
- Spirit of Lamania creates Sorjek's Regeneration: Sorjek is drawing power from one of his familiars, allowing him to heal.
- Spirit of Fernia creates Sorjeks' Ritual of Protection: Sorjek is channeling a protective shield through his elemental spirit.
- Spirit of Risia creates Sorjek's Freezing Shield: Sorjek is channeling freezing cold though his Risia spirit into a damaging shield.
- Spirit of Syrania creates Sorjek's Speed of Wind: Channeling the spirit of the wind, Sorjek moves more quickly.
Spyderwolf's Youtube Video Quest Walkthrough Stealer of Souls
- Aggression bonus: 86 monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 98 monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 123 monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Bonus Notes: Getting onslaught requires nearly every kill in the quest, conquest requires killing a huge amount of respawns.
- Chests: ♦ 5 / ♥ 6 / ♠ 7
- 4 for killing the 4 Elemental Masters
- ♦ 1 / ♥ 2 / ♠ 3 optional for killing Sor'jek (Lich)
- One end chest contains a random Sovereign Rune which is likely but not guaranteed to drop on casual.
- NPC rewards: 50 Draconic Runes. For every 3 completions, there is the additional choice of 1 random Rune (Eldritch, Tempest or Sovereign).
- Cloud Giant Evokers
- Cloud Giant Knights
- Efreeti Guardians
- Elder Earth Elementals
- Frost Giant Clerics
- Frost Giant Mages
- Frost Giant Raiders
- Ice Flensers
- Raging Fire Elementals
- Stone Giant Fighters
- Stone Giant Shamans
- Syrania Air Elementals
- Agni - Red-named fire giant; required kill
- Bhumi - Red-named stone giant; required kill
- Jala - Red-named frost giant; required kill
- Pavan - Red-named cloud giant; required kill
- Sor'jek Incanni - Optional purple-named lich
- Spirit of Fernia - Red-named mephit; only spawns during the fight with Sor'jek
- Spirit of Lamannia - Red-named mephit; only spawns during the fight with Sor'jek
- Spirit of Risia - Red-named mephit; only spawns during the fight with Sor'jek
- Spirit of Syrania - Red-named mephit; only spawns during the fight with Sor'jek
- Stone Giant Elder - Orange-named stone giant