Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
Captain Niles Cage is no paladin, but compared to a murderous sea-dog like Yaaryar, he's what you might call an 'honest pirate.'
|Takes place in:||Irestone Inlet|
|Bestowed by:||Niles Cage|
|NPC contact:||Niles Cage|
|Quest acquired in:||The Harbor|
|Patron:||The Coin Lords|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Captain Niles Cage told you a sad tale of his lost ship Banshee and her stalwart crew. The Banshee rests beneath the waves, but there is still time to rescue Cage's crew and punish the hobgoblin Yaaryar for his piratical ways! Speak with Captain Cage to find passage to Irestone Inlet, the haunt of Yaaryar and his scurvy mates....
- Open the gate
- Rescue 8 crewmates from the Banshee
- Find the first mate of the Banshee, Stained-Tusk
- Speak with Stained-Tusk
- Speak with 'Mad' Anne Rackham
- Kill the kobold cook Skartongue
- Kill the ogre first mate Dinks
- Search for something in Dinks' gear that indicates Yaaryar's plans
- Find 6 powder kegs to booby-trap Yaaryar's schooner
- Booby-trap Yaaryar's schooner by replacing its tar kegs with powder kegs
- Use the torch on Yaaryar's schooner to cut off his escape route
- Kill Captain Yaaryar before he finds another way back to his ship
- Bring word of Yaaryar's death to Stained-Tusk
- (Optional) Kill the hobgoblin Hobble +10% Bonus.
- (Optional) Kill the worg Mutiny +10% Bonus.
- (Optional) Kill the bugbear raider Scurvy +10% Bonus.
What to Expect
- Spawning/respawning monsters
Tips and Misc
- With Update 20, Captain Cage can be found in the northeast-most docks of the Harbor, in the former location of the ship that took you to Korthos Island (now located by the lighthouse), just south of some class trainers and just west and below the Leaky Dinghy Tavern.
- Hobgoblin Witch Doctors are the main threats in this quest. Be prepared for their Ray of Enfeeblement debuff and fire damage with Lesser Restoration and Fire Resist potions/spells.
- This quest has many very stealth squads of hobgoblins that patrol around the map almost everywhere. As such there are very few safe places to go AFK for a break. Don't expect to still be alive if you AFK in the middle of the inlet. The shrines are mostly safe, but not the random one near Skartongue.
- This quest has 3 sets of shrines, but one set doesn't always spawn. The one missing from the current map is near Skartongue. It seems to show up much less frequently on Elite difficulty.
- There are several campsites scattered around the Inlet; each is guarded by a bugbear or two and several hobgoblins of various types.
- The wide vista really allows ranged warriors to come into their own; it's extremely easy (if time consuming) to get close enough to target a monster, and then back off far enough to avoid triggering an attack. Stealthy AOE magickers can also have a good time. Just be sure to watch for any wandering patrols!
- The powder kegs weigh 15 pounds each. You need to find Yaaryar's plans (at Dinks) before you can pick them up.
- Dinks can be found by the northwestern shrines.
- Stained-Tusk and 'Mad' Anne Rackham can be found by the eastern shrines.
- Skartongue can be found at the camp to the north.
- The torch can be easy to miss. It is on the ship, unlit and mounted on the mast immediately in front of the kegs and grate.
- Make sure you are clear of the ship when it explodes, for obvious reasons.
- After lighting the powder kegs on his schooner, Yaaryar will be found near the southwestern camp. If you take too long to go search for him, he and his party will start to patrol the beach.
- Hobble may appear in the central camp (the second one going southwest from the entrance)
- Scurvy may appear at the third camp south of the northwest shrine
- Mutiny may appear on patrol on near southwestern camp, he generally heads towards the ship.
- Aggression bonus: 96 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 124 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 11 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 14 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 17 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Notes: Onslaught bonus is very hard to get, you have to kill 99% of monsters on the map, including many very stealthy semi-random patrols. Total Mob count after waiting roughly 45 minutes and multiple map circuits was 131.
- Chests: 8 - 14
- 5 - 8 scattered around the camps
- 1 for killing Dinks (Ogre, found by the northwestern shrines)
- 1 for killing Skartongue (Kobold, found by the camp north of the eastern shrines)
- 1 optional for killing Hobble (Hobgoblin, doesn't always spawn, found in the central camp)
- 1 optional for killing Scurvy (Bugbear, doesn't always spawn, found at the third camp south of the northwest shrine)
- 1 optional for killing Mutiny (Worg, doesn't always spawn, found patrolling on the beach, near the ship)
- 1 at the end for killing Yaaryar (Hobgoblin, found near the southwestern camp after the ship explodes)
- Collectables: None
- NPC rewards: Random item
Named Chest Drop
- Dink's Leather Wraps - +1 Studded leather, (Dink)
- Hobble's Crossbow - +2 Repeating heavy crossbow: , (Hobble)
- Mutiny's Tooth - +2 Dagger: , (Mutiny)
- Scurvy's Wrap - Cloak: , (Scurvy)
- Skartongue's Ladel - +2 Light mace: , (Skartongue)
- Yaaryar's Magnificent Band - Ring: , - Sapphire of (Yaaryar)