Foundation of Discord
Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
The aurum consist of four concords -- copper, silver, gold, and platinum. Rumor is they have sent their best to fight for the Stormreaver.
|Requires access to : Ruins of Gianthold|
|Foundation of Discord|
|Takes place in:||Aurum Lair|
|Bestowed by:||Neemef Bakto|
|NPC contact:||Neemef Bakto|
|Quest acquired in:||Ruins of Gianthold|
|Patron:||Agents of Argonnessen|
|Free to Play:||No|
Exploring Gianthold, you came across an area guarded by the aurum. Explore this encampment, if in fact they are here to help aid the Stormreaver, eliminate them.
- Reaching Aurum Encampment entrance automatically bestows quest.
- Explore the aurum encampment
- Slay Duncan the Wayfarer
- Slay Mars the Dynamo
- Slay Tinius the White
- Extinguish the magic runes (total 3)
- Slay Patrick the Maniacal
- (Optional) Slay Lirange the Oracle: Heroic: +18% Bonus. / Epic: +18% Bonus.
- (Optional) Jonesy the Round: Heroic: +15% Bonus. / Epic: +15% Bonus.
What to Expect
- Traps (random, 1 undisarmable)
- Collapsible floor
- Spawning/respawning monsters
Blade, Sonic, Electric
Tips and Misc
This quest is a bit tougher than other Gianthold quests. Running this quest below level 12 is dangerous and likely to result in many deaths.
Useful elemental buffs:
- Normal: acid, fire, sonic
- Elite: cold (final fight)
Walkthrough (thanks mainly to)
Clear down through the hallway until you reach the central shrine chamber. Unable to continue forward, you will have to clear out the side halls. These each split into two, so you will have a total of four hallways.
One hall leads to a locked door. This way is optional. Through here is a library with a bunch of dudes. Take them out and get some loot from behind the secret door.
The three other halls are all required to advance. Each contains a rune which is extinguished upon defeating its guardian. Once all three runes are extinguished, you can advance further from the shrine room. The next room is the entry hall for the Patrick the Maniacal’s chamber.
- The hidden door in the NW rune passage simply allows a second set of spikes to be launched from the trap.
When you enter Patrick’s chamber, you will find him encased in an impenetrable force cube and surrounded by guards and gongs. You must ring all four gongs to destroy the floor under the cube to get to Patrick. The gongs turn on undisarmable sonic traps.
If you want to go for conquest, kill all the elementals. They do eventually stop respawning and your kills should be at about 163 (they don't stop respawning on Heroic Hard, kills were around 250). The remaining kills you need for conquest are spawned by/with Patrick.
On Epic Elite, Patrick has over 118,000 HP. A ranged option against him, away from the direct reach of his elementals, may be a stronger kill option. Before you reach him, you'll need to eliminate the powerful Bards and Rogues that cause stuns and devastating sneak attacks, respectively. Each of the orange-named Concords deliver massive piercing damage. Charm and dominate effects help greatly here.
- Aggression bonus: 106 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 130 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 170 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 2 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Perception bonus: 2 or more secret doors discovered +10% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 42 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 54 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 67 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 3
- 1 behind a secret door in the SE wing
- 1 behind a locked door for killing Lirange the Oracle (Dwarf, found in the SW wing)
- 1 at the end for killing Patrick the Maniacal (Dwarf)
- Collectables: 5
- Bookshelf in southwest secret room
- Alchemy Table in southeast room
- Crude Altar in northeast room
- Bookshelf in room with final chest
- Alchemy Table in room with final chest
- NPC rewards: Random item
Named Chest Drop
- ML12: ,
- ML13: , ,
- ML14: , ,
- ML23: , , , - Diamond of
- ML24: , , , - Diamond of
- ML25: , , , - Diamond of
- ML12: Max stack 1000, unique capacity 3,
- ML13: Max stack 1000, unique capacity 3,
- ML14: Max stack 1000, unique capacity 3,
- ML23: Max stack 1000, unique capacity 3,
- ML24: Max stack 1000, unique capacity 3,
- ML25: Max stack 1000, unique capacity 3,
|Patrick the Maniacal (view)||Dwarf||Dwarf|
|Duncan the Wayfarer (view)||Dwarf||Dwarf|
|Jonesy the Round (view)||Dwarf||Dwarf|
|Lirange the Oracle (NoPic)||Dwarf||Dwarf|
|Mars the Dynamo (NoPic)||Dwarf||Dwarf|
|Tinius the White (NoPic)||Dwarf||Dwarf|
|Copper Concord Rogue (view)||Halfling||Halfling|
|Elder Air Elemental (view)||Elemental||Air Elemental|
|Elder Earth Elemental (view)||Elemental||Earth Elemental|
|Elder Fire Elemental (view)||Elemental||Fire Elemental|
|Shrieking Defender (NoPic)||Construct||Iron Defender|
|Silver Concord Ranger (view)||Elf||Elf|