|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
Foundation of Discord
|Requires access to adventure pack: Ruins of Gianthold|
|Foundation of Discord|
|Heroic XP:||♣2,236 ♦4,089 ♥4,270 ♠4,452|
|Takes place in:||Aurum Lair|
|NPC contact:||Nemeef Bakto|
|Quest acquired in:||Ruins of Gianthold|
|Patron:||Agents of Argonnessen|
|Free to Play:||No|
Reaching Aurum Encampment entrance automatically bestows quest.
With module 5, base XP rewarded has rebalanced from 5,086/5,313/5,540 to 4,089/4,271/4,452.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Explore the aurum encampment
- Slay Duncan the Wayfarer
- Slay Mars the Dynamo
- Slay Tinius the White
- Extinguish the magic runes (total 3)
- Slay Patrick the Maniacal
- (Optional) Slay Lirange the Oracle: (18% of base XP)
- (Optional) Jonesy the Round: (15% of base XP)
What to Expect
- Traps (random, 1 undisarmable)
- Collapsible floor
- Spawning/respawning monsters
Sonic, Blade, Electric
Tips and Misc
This quest is a bit tougher than other Gianthold quests. Running this quest below level 12 is dangerous and likely to result in many deaths.
Useful elemental buffs:
- Normal: acid, fire, sonic
Walkthrough (thanks mainly to Lost Leader)
Clear down through the hallway until you reach the central shrine chamber. Unable to continue forward, you will have to clear out the side halls. These each split into two, so you will have a total of four hallways.
One hall leads to a locked door. This way is optional. Through here is a library with a bunch of dudes. Take them out and get some loot from behind the secret door.
The three other halls are all required to advance. Each contains a rune which is lit upon defeating its guardian. Once all three runes are lit, you can advance further from the shrine room. The next room is the entry hall for the Patrick the Maniacal’s chamber.
- The hidden door in the NW rune passage simply allows a second set of spikes to be launched from the trap.
When you enter Patrick’s chamber, you will find him encased in an impenetrable force cube and surrounded by guards and gongs. You must ring all four gongs to destroy the floor under the cube to get to Patrick. The gongs turn on undisarmable sonic traps. If you want to go for conquest, kill all the elementals (they do eventually stop respawning and your kills should be at about 163[they don't stop respawning on hard, kills were around 250]); the remaining kills you need for conquest are spawned by/with Patrick.
The end chest will have 1 Ancient Dragon Relic.
End Reward: Speak to Neemef Bakto in the Gianthold for standard reward choice.
- Bonus XP:
- Aggression bonus: 106 monsters killed
- Onslaught bonus: 130 monsters killed
- Conquest bonus: 168 monsters killed
- Perception bonus: 2 secret doors discovered
- Mischief bonus: 42 breakables smashed
- Vandal bonus: 54 breakables smashed
- Ransack bonus: 67 breakables smashed
- Neutralization bonus +10%: 2 traps disabled
- Chests: 3
- 1 behind a secret door in the SE wing
- 1 behind a locked door for killing Lirange the Oracle (Dwarf, found in the SW wing)
- 1 at the end for killing Patrick the Maniacal (Dwarf)
- NPC rewards: Random item
- Copper Concord Bards - Humans
- Copper Concord Rogues - Halflings
- Elder Air Elementals
- Elder Earth Elementals
- Elder Fire Elementals
- Gold Concord Clerics - Dwarves
- Gold Concord Fighters - Dwarves
- Gold Concord Wizards - Dwarves
- Shrieking Defenders
- Silver Concord Fighters - Humans
- Silver Concord Rangers - Elves
- Duncan the Wayfarer - Orange-named dwarf; required kill
- Jonesy the Round - Optional Orange-named dwarf
- Lirange the Oracle - Optional orange-named dwarf; always spawns
- Mars the Dynamo - Orange-named dwarf; required kill
- Patrick the Maniacal - Red-named dwarf; end boss
- Tinius the White - Orange-named dwarf; required kill