A Cry for Help
A cry for help echoes from deep within. Who have the Zakya cultists taken as their prisoner?
|Requires access to : Ruins of Gianthold|
|A Cry for Help|
|Takes place in:||Zakya Cultist Lair|
|Bestowed by:||Pheryl Barlo|
|NPC contact:||Pheryl Barlo|
|Quest acquired in:||Ruins of Gianthold|
|Patron:||Agents of Argonnessen|
|Free to Play:||No|
You hear a voice calling for help from deep within the encampment that was heavily guarded by zakya cultists. It is safe to assume you will encounter quite a bit of resistance from these cultists as you attempt to find the source of this distress call and free them at once!
- Reaching Zakya Cultist Encampment entrance automatically bestows quest.
- Slay the rakshasa lords (6 total)
- Illuminate the runes (2 total)
- Follow the cry for help
- Slay Jailer Koki
- Speak with Ursula Tador
- Slay Lothar the Insidious
- (Optional) Slay Tholatha Heroic: +18% Bonus. Epic: +18% Bonus.
What to Expect
- Traps (random)
- Collapsible floors
- Fire trap
- Spinning blade trap (random)
- Blow up trap + spikes on the ceiling
Tips and Misc
- Useful buffs:
Walkthrough (thanks largely to)
First things first: turn on your DM voice. You really, really need to. Now, follow the feminine voice through trap-filled halls, fighting Jarilith, Zakya and Rakshasa to free the poor damsel.
When fighting Jariliths, remember they are a type of demon, and so have a DR of #/ColdIron+holy. Rakshasas have a damage reduction of #/Pierce+good.
Work your way down the one-way halls until you reach the shrine room. You will need to clear the two side halls before you can continue forward. Be wary of enemies that open the doors to join the fights.
Once the sides are clear, you can move into the bridge rooms that run parallel out of the shrine area. Clear both sides. Before heading further in, there is an optional under the water.
Swim underneath and find the secret door. It is underwater on the floor, just to the south of the middle of the room. There is a lever inside the secret room which will open the portcullis underwater to the west. Swim down this way to a hidden chamber. When you pop out of the water, the doors will open and bad guys will come pouring out. Between the Jarilith, Rakshasa, Zakya and Tholatha (the named Rakshasa), enemy casters use Acid Fog, Lightning Bolt and Magic Missile, so be prepared. If an Arcane Drop a Cloudkill and hide in the water, or charm them and have them fight each other, or both; If a Divine throw some BBs at them and wait it out; If a melee just run up there and take care of business the old fashioned way. It is a tough fight, but there is a locked chest at the end of it, which may contain a dragon relic. Intelligence person using the center pillar will activate a teleportation circle that will transport you back to the shrine room. Otherwise just swim back.
Now head further in, clearing the halls until you reach the jail cells. Kill the jailor and get the key from the far chest. Defeat the final Rakshasas and loot the chest in the back room.
There will be 1 Ancient Dragon Relic in the chest.
End Reward: Speak with Pheryl Barlo in Gianthold for standard reward choice
- Aggression bonus: 80 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 105 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 3 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 4 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 30 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 39 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 48 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 3
- 1 locked optional for killing Tholatha (Rakshasa, found in a room reachable through an underwater tunnel)
- 1 for killing Jailer Koki (Rakshasa, found in the end room)
- 1 at the end for killing Lothar the Insidious (Rakshasa)
- Collectables: 5
- Adventurer's Pack under north collapsing floor
- Bookshelf in room with second locked door
- Alchemy Table in eastern wing with lever
- Adventurer's Pack in underwater tunnel leading to Tholatha
- Alchemy Table in room with Tholatha
- NPC rewards: Random item
Named Chest Drop
- ML12: ,
- ML13: , ,
- ML14: , ,
- ML23: , , , - Diamond of
- ML24: , , , - Diamond of
- ML25: , , , - Diamond of
- ML12: Max stack 1000, unique capacity 3,
- ML13: Max stack 1000, unique capacity 3,
- ML14: Max stack 1000, unique capacity 3,
- ML23: Max stack 1000, unique capacity 3,
- ML24: Max stack 1000, unique capacity 3,
- ML25: Max stack 1000, unique capacity 3,
|Jailer Koki (view)||Evil Outsider||Rakshasa|
|Lothar the Insidious (view)||Evil Outsider||Rakshasa|
|Tholatha (view)||Evil Outsider||Rakshasa|
|Jarilith (view)||Evil Outsider||Demon|
|Zakya Rakshasa Lord (view)||Evil Outsider||Rakshasa|
|Zakya Rakshasa (view)||Evil Outsider||Rakshasa|