Dreams of Insanity
Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
|Dreams of Insanity|
|Takes place in:||Gate of Nightmares|
|Bestowed by:||Gatekeeper Trakash|
|NPC contact:||Gatekeeper Trakash|
|Quest acquired in:||House Jorasco|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
The Gate of Nightmares has long been aligned to the Plane of Dreams but until now hasn't posed a threat. The Cult of Insanity unlocked the Gate and threatens to bring about the end of all reason. Many small portals are now open and the Cult is nearing completion of its largest summoning yet. The Gatekeeper bade you to enter the Gate of Nightmares and seal the portal to Xoriat before all is lost
- Activate the central gateway's seals
- Slay Iorrat
- (Optional) Slay Garellel +35% Bonus.
- (Optional) Slay Razzrex +35% Bonus.
- (Optional) Slay Malluur +35% Bonus.
- (Optional) Seal the small rifts +35% Bonus.
- (Optional) Slay the Chakram brothers(4) +35% Bonus.
What to Expect
- Chaos orbs
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Runes (mandatory: require INT checks and optional: require INT checks)
Tips and Misc
- Enter through a caravan wagon to the Pool of Reflection, located in the far north of the House Jorasco enclave (next to the entry to Tempest's Spine).
- Chaos orbs are disabled by activating Intelligence runes. Requirement is 12 INT on elite.
- There are two sets of shrines near the entrance. You will gain access to them as you complete their "wing" of the dungeon. To complete each wing, keep in mind there are 2 lanes in each wing. You need to run to the end of the wing and there is a sharp turn into the parallel lane of the same wing. The walls between the lanes are from bamboo, enemies on the other side can spot you and you can easily generate high level of Dungeon Alert.
- The rune to close the last portal is near the entrance.
- The big circular doors which populate this map can be opened with a knock spell of sufficiently high level (about level 10 works 60% of the time).
- Ringing the gong at the end of each wing will open doors that give easy access to the shrines during the end fight.
- The unnamed Beholder and Thaarak Hounds at end fight will respawn through the rift until the runes up in the rafters have been activated (6 runes, the last one is right at the top).
- Aggression bonus: 91 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 120 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 146 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 52 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 68 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 84 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 4
- 1 optional for killing one of the Chakram brothers (Drow Scorpion, found in the northwest corner)
- 1 optional for killing one of the Chakram brothers (Drow Scorpion, found in the northeast corner)
- 2 at the end
- NPC rewards: Random item
Named Chest Drop
- Arcane Shard - +5 Quarterstaff: , Efficient Metamagic - Maximize II, , (ML10, End Chest)
- Girdle of Faith - Belt: Minor Turning, Healing Lore, Wizardry II (End Chest)
- Remlin's Step - Boots: Striding +20%, Chaosguard (End Chest)