|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
The Master Artificer
|Requires access to adventure pack: Secrets of the Artificers|
"Before he was replaced as head of the Manufactury, Toven d'Cannith tinkered with his own secret projects inside this superbly-equipped workshop."
|The Master Artificer|
|Heroic XP:||♦4,580 ♥4,740 ♠4,900|
|Epic XP:||♦15,590 ♥15,830 ♠16,070|
|Takes place in:||Toven's Workshop|
|NPC contact:||Channa d'Cannith|
|Quest acquired in:||House Cannith|
|Free to Play:||No|
Channa d'Cannith, the new head of the Cannith Manufactury, is concerned that Toven d'Cannith may be about to carry out his plan to turn all the warforged in Stormreach into mindless automatons.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Confront Toven d'Cannith
- Destroy all opposition and arrest Toven d'Cannith
- (Optional) Destroy Toven's Soul-Cleansing Device (10% of base XP)
Only one (Though the many Magefire Canons count as traps)
- Devastating lightning floor trap/puzzle. Watch the patern that appears above Toven to learn how the trap works.
Tips and Misc
- The final fight starts when you approach Toven and is divived into several phases. Toven himself is invulnerable throughout the fight.
- Phase 1: Toven will summon many Warforged and Golems to fight you.
- Phase 2: When the last reinforcement dies, four big crystals appear. Beating on a crystal while standing near it will regenerate spell points very quickly. During this phase, a GM notice will periodically appear, saying "A pattern of flashing lights appears above Toven. What could it mean?". Following this announcement, a pattern of lights will appear above Toven and change seven times. Shortly after that, parts of the room will be charged with lightning, dealing heavy damage. This lightning will move every few seconds, as indicated before by the pattern of lights above Toven. On lower difficulties, it is possible to heal through this lightning damage, but on harder difficulties, players will have to move constantly to dodge the lightning. See illustrating movie and animation.
- Phase 3: After the last crystal is destroyed, several cannons will spawn throughout the room.
- Phase 4: Shortly after the start of phase 3, two Warforged Titans will awake. Destroying both at the same time will disable Tovens shield for a short time, giving you an opportunity to kill him.
- If you die in the final fight, you will get a debuff preventing you from being resurrected. The duration of this debuff depends on the difficulty (none on normal, 60 seconds on hard, 90 seconds on elite or 120 seconds epic). Players with the debuff will display a white pattern above their ghost's head.
- See the various raid boss articles for tips on how to beat them:
- Generally parties will designate a healer and kiter or tank for Margie (Green) and begin with on Ronny (Purple). The kiter/tank will keep Margie away from the rest of the group. Melees will generally attack Ronny from the side in order to keep up the damage. Ronny has ranged AI so he will continuously run away from the player who he has agro on. A common misbelief is that he will just continue to run around the entire raid randomly.. He will not if fought correctly: Simply let one player establish some threat, then move away from Ronny long enough to let him fire off one charged shot, dodge the shot and move into melee range, he will never run away again from that point on unless his agro changes due to poor threat management or the tank dying. And more importantly, if you stay in melee ranged, he will also never use his devastating charge shot.
- Healers will need to use mass heals or other lvl8+ healing spells in order to penetrate the magic shield. Once the shield is down, all spells are back in play. Usually Ronny is brought down to about 1-3% before having the group move onto Margie. Ronny will be easily tanked at this point, as full buffs will function, Ronny will no longer use his charged shot and heal scrolls will easily keep up any decent tank indefinetely.
- The rest of the party will then concentrate on Margie and bring her down. At this point casters can begin to dot Toven while the rest of the party takes down Ronny. When Toven's shield comes down, hit him with as much ranged damage as possible. It's rare that he'll survive long enough to raise Ronny and Margie.
- Toven will repair and restore his Warforged Titans if given a chance to do so. He will restore them to roughly 20% health once defeated. Prevent this by destroying both of them at the same time. If he tries to restore both titans at the same time, he will be put under enormous stress, enough to cause his shield to drop temporarily - this is the time to strike!
- Aggression bonus: 81 monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 93 monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 110 monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 11 traps disarmed +15% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 34 breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 43 breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 52 breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: Up to 4 (+ 1 on Epic)
- 1 after the initial conversation and battle against Toven's guards, also containing a key
- 1 optional at the end for earlier destroying Toven's Soul-Cleansing Device
- Has a small chance of dropping the Cerebral Distillation Unit part for Toven's Hammer.
- 2 Raid loot chests at the end
- Both have an extremely high (~90%) chance of dropping a random alchemical weapon or shield per player.
- The right-hand chest has a small chance of dropping Toven's Hammer.
- Binding Khyber Dragonshards drop in both raid chests.
- Normal - ?
- Hard - ?
- Elite - ?
- Epic Normal - Refined (T2) shards
- Epic Hard - Exquisite (T3) shards
- Epic Elite - ?
- 1 Epic Chest in addition to the raid chests on Epic difficulties, containing a single raid token and regular trash loot only
- NPC rewards: Standard, Choose from 7. Special rewards on every 5th completion: Select from ~43 Alchemical weapon/shields. Every single list will be the same for everyone, select your choice of any type of alchemical weapon/shield, all ~43 will always appear.
- Toven's Hammer - Rune Arm: Electrical Storm, Maximum Charge Tier: V, Lightning Strike Weapons, Potency +48, Exceptional Fortification (10%), Missing Parts, Rune Arm Imbue: Electrical IV, Craftable Rune Arm (+5) [ML:19, BtC]
- Alchemical Weapons - Any simple, martial or exotic weapon. Also handwraps. Customizable via Alchemical Crafting system. Weapons have the same base dice as Green Steel. [ML:12, unbound]
- Alchemical Shields - Small/Large/Tower, all 3 types. No improved stats on DR or otherwise. [ML:12, unbound]
- Augmented Iron Defenders
- Augmented Iron Juggernauts
- Augmented Lightning Guards
- Augmented Magefire Cannons
- Cannith Artificers
- Cannith Power Crystals
- Cannith Rebel Guards
- Soul-Cleansed Warforged
- Superior Sentinel Guardians