The Bookbinder Rescue
Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
The Sharn Syndicate has no qualms about victimizing the downtrodden and the weak of Stromreach society.
|Requires access to : The Sharn Syndicate|
|The Bookbinder Rescue|
|Takes place in:||The Binder Home|
|Bestowed by:||Olistair Binder|
|NPC contact:||Olistair Binder|
|Quest acquired in:||The Marketplace|
|Patron:||The Coin Lords|
|Free to Play:||No|
You met Olistair Binder, who is being forced to give the Sharn Syndicate his life savings in order to release his captive family. But, Olistair would rather pay you to rescue his family than trust the Syndicate to release them or the Stormreach Guard to rescue them.
Go to the Binder Home in the Stormreach Marketplace and rescue Binder's Family.
- This is the fourth quest in the The Sharn Syndicate quest chain.
- Find members of the Binder family
- Free Grammah Binder
- Free Jerald Binder
- Free Althea Binder
- Free Buchwald Binder
- Escort Grammah Binder
- Escort Jerald Binder
- Escort Althea Binder
- Escort Buchwald Binder
- Do not let the hostages be slain (Optional)
What to Expect
- Multiple quest entrances (2)
- Traps (fixed)
- Defeat Sharn thugs (mandatory)
- Escort NPCs to exits (Optional: 4)*
- Spikes, spinning blades, slash, fire, grease, web... basically, one in front of every door, and two in front of the southeast door.
Tips and Misc
- Stealth works very well in this quest; it can be soloed by a properly trained Rogue, even on Elite.
- There are two ways to enter this quest. Most parties may prefer to enter the house at ground level, as your party can buff up before speaking to Quendrel, who will first talk to you about paying the ransom before attacking. For enterprising Rogues or others with strong Hide/Move Silently skills, you can enter through a balcony using a ladder to the left of the ground entrance. This places the player character in the southwest room on the upper floor. Be warned that low Hide/Move Silently scores could cause immediate attacks by enemies in the adjacent room.
- All the doors upstairs are locked; however, if you've no Rogue in your party, they can be smashed. Smashing the doors, however, warns the occupants (including any Binders) that you're on the way, and they'll act accordingly - with the Binders attacking (and possibly getting killed by) any guards while you're still trying to bust down the door.
- The Binders can be found in any of the rooms, sometimes two to a room. Their behavior depends on whether the door to the main hallway is open. There's a chance they'll run towards the nearest exit with Syndicate members in pursuit - however, they won't escape until you lead them a little farther. If you cannot disable the traps before you rescue each hostage, there is a good chance that you will lose the hostage to a trap if you don't dispatch any enemies in the vicinity.
- More likely, the Binders will race out to help when they hear fighting in another room. As a result, it's recommended to clear the hallways and the SW room before checking any of the rooms, and immediately leading any you find to the exit, before checking another room.
- If you haven't a Rogue in your party, each doorway trap can be disarmed by a lever inside the room near to the trap. However, you have to get past 'em, first! Disarming the trap this way gives no XP bonus.
- There's a secret door between the two rooms in the NE corner, within the fireplace. (Once in one of these rooms, you can enter the other this way and bypass that room's trap.)
- Aggression bonus: 24 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 31 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 4 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 6 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 7 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Chests: None
- NPC rewards: Choice from four level 5 equivalent boots, bracers, or goggles, Bound to Account on Acquire, no minimum level.
|Attack Dog (view)||Animal||Dog|
|Syndicate Arcanist (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Syndicate Archer (view)||Elf||Elf|
|Syndicate Barbarian (view)||Living Construct||Warforged|
|Syndicate Devotee (view)||Dwarf||Dwarf|
|Syndicate Loremaster (view)||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Syndicate Muscle (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Syndicate Prowler (view)||Halfling||Halfling|
|Syndicate Spellsinger (view)||Elf||Elf|
|Syndicate Swiftblade (view)||Humanoid||Human|