Sins of Attrition
Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
|Requires access to : The Devils of Shavarath|
Six Brigadiers of the Devil army have their quarters in this citadel close to the Archon front lines. According to rumor disloyal Devil troops are also sent here for punishment.
|Sins of Attrition|
|Takes place in:||Citadel of the Devils' Spine|
|Quest acquired in:||Amrath|
|Free to Play:||No|
Wakhakwi in Amrath has tasked you to assassinate one of the six Brigadiers in the citadel atop the Devils' Spine.
- Slay the summoned cinderspawn
- Slay the summoned efreet
- Choose an item from the table
- Slay the guardian Saligia
- Slay the summoned cinderspawn
- Find one of the Brigadiers' weakness
- Assassinate one of the Brigadiers
What to Expect
- Traps (random, some undisarmable)
- Points of no return
- Overlapping floors
- Spawning/respawning monsters
Blades, spinning spikes, blowing-up air stream
Tips and Misc
Very tough quest for pugs and newer players due to the trash mob setup. The end boss itself can be extremely easy compared to other quests (depending on the item you select and if you do the optional) - and can be made even easier by "discovering the weakness" objective (depending on the item you select - you have to do a different optional room to discover the weakness)
What's hard is that almost every encounter involves 5-15 devils at once, requiring some very heavy CC/Healing/DPS to live thru each one without deaths. Take appropriate resources for that. There is really no easy way to avoid them or pull them apart as they are statues that only trigger once someone runs up, and will teleport over to attack all other party members - even at the very start of the quest! (some more advanced and complicated tactics like using invis/stealth can limit the encounter size, but this is rarely necessary in a group)
Recommended Party Setup:
- One very high HP tank with solid DPS
- One very tough dedicated healer (cleric, favored soul or bard) who can take a hit (or 10 hits)
- One Rogue (has many traps which hurt, but can be avoided if you can't find a rogue)
- One Bard to enhance the groups DPS with buffs like haste, displacement and rage, and perhaps offer some CC like Otto's irresistible dance. A healer bard can fill this role too, or even a good arcane.
2 others perhaps, though going with 4 should be fine due to scaling tech on normal.
It also has several random chests, seems to be 3 per run, which are random regardless of what item was selected.
Which optional you can complete and which end fight you get will vary depending on what item you select.
What the items do exactly and a rough idea on overall difficulty:
- Gula's Ham (Meat) - Gluttonous Orthon Fighter end boss (very easy)
- Tome of Inferal Knowledge (Book) - Tiefling Wizard end boss (easy)
- Iwra's Ritual Ingredient's (Vial) - Gnoll Sorcerer end boss (very easy with optional, moderate without)
- Offering to Avaritia (Gold) - Bearded Devil Warrior end boss (moderate)
- Badge of Cenodoxus (Crest) - Horned Devil Barbarian end boss (moderate with optional, hard without; he has DR /Good+Silver and DR /-)
- Acedia's Lute (Guitar) - Troglodyte Bard has dancing spheres in end fight but that's about it, (an easy kill). The optional chest for the lute is the north-most east side passage - which is the most dangerous passage as it's riddled with swinging axe traps which can't be disabled (basically the last possible right turn you could make before the final shrine)
Note on optionals: Pretty much all the optionals involve you simply killing a few monsters and handing in the item. For each of these, if there is a random chest (not dependent on what you selected) it will unlocked after you complete the optional.. Except 1:
The Badge/Bearded Devil optional (first side area on the left) He has several dialog options... Oddly succeeding on most of them will result in him surrendering and then teleporting away, and the chest will remained locked. One way of getting the chest is to fail his intimidate check and then kill him, another way is to choose the middle dialogue option (the one without a skill check) and then kill him. I think regardless of what you do here, the end boss will be weakened. Note if you don't have the crest and the chest is there, you simply cannot get the chest. Thus the only way to ensure you get 100% chests every run is to take the badge and thus risk running into a slightly tougher boss than the others.
Near the end of Sins of Attrition, you will come to a lever with two prisoners chained to it. You must pull the lever to open the boss room. However, if you free the prisoners before pulling it, you get a bonus chest in the boss room. If you pull it and kill them, you immediately get a shrine.
- Use a intimitank. If the party stays back, the tank can grab all the aggro and prevent teleports for a few seconds. Then the party can come up and vorpal/DPS the mob. (This is somewhat less effective since the U9 intimidate change, but still locks them down for a least a couple seconds)
- A caster can set up good persistent CC, then fight inside of it. Web and Otto's sphere of dancing work well.
- If you're soloing: It's possible to use stealth/invisibility through most of the quest, making it a lot easier.
There are six items to choose from the table, all based on the "Seven Deadly Sins" (). Luxuria is excluded for some reason!
- Aggression bonus: 145 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 169 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 210 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Chests: 5
- 0 - 1 near Laombi, in the Servant Room (doesn't always spawn, it will remain permanently locked if you did not select the badge while the other 2 chests can be opened regardless of your choice) If no chest here, 3 are in the other side rooms, otherwise only 2 are in the other side rooms
- 2 - 3 in the side rooms (can spawn in multiple locations)
- 1 at the end
- 1 at the end (appears if you choose to free the prisoners instead of pulling the lever at the end of the quest)
- NPC rewards: Standard, Up to 16 level weapons/armors, level 19 accessories, +3 tomes (very Rare)
Named Chest Drop
All Minimum Level 18, Bind to Character
- Awanahu Sash - Belt: , Proof Against Poison, Assassin Set Bonus
- Calitomes' Sash - Belt: - 3 Charges (Recharged/Day: 3), , Air Savant Set Bonus, Exclusive
- Kilau's Necklace - Necklace: , , Tempest Set Bonus
- Kormor's Belt - Belt: — 3 Charges (Recharged/Day:3), Archmagi, Confounding Enchantment, Wild Mage Set Bonus, Exclusive
- Lorinthor's Belt - Belt: , Heightened Awareness I, Knight of the Chalice Set Bonus
- Stalwart Necklace - Necklace: , Lesser Action Boost Enhancement, Stalwart Defender Set Bonus
- Torin's Choker - Necklace: , , Warchanter Set Bonus
- Vorne's Belt - Belt: , , Occult Slayer Set Bonus