|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
Hiding in Plain Sight
|Hiding in Plain Sight|
|Heroic XP:||♣1,572 ♦2,760 ♥2,900 ♠3,040|
|Takes place in:||Cartamon's Shipping Warehouse|
|NPC contact:||Inquisitor Ingram|
|Quest acquired in:||The Wayward Lobster|
|Patron:||The Free Agents|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Hiding in Plain Sight is the pre-quest for the Twilight Forge quest series. It must be completed once to gain access to the airship that takes you to the Restless Isles, where the real quest line begins. The only way to reach the Restless Isles for the first time without completing this quest is through Greater Teleport or a tier-3 Airship Navigator. After you have been there once, a tier-2 Airship Navigator can get you there.
It is given by Inquisitive Ingaram in the Wayward Lobster of the Harbor. He sends you to Baudry Cartamon, who can also be found in the Lobster. There is a minimum level 7 requirement for this quest before the NPC will award the quest.
This quest is usually abbreviated HiPS.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Explore the Flooded Area
- Kill Hazadill
- Search the chest on the table for the source of Hazadill's new-found wealth
- (Optional) Destroy 75 Shipping Containers (15% of base XP)
- (Optional) Kill the Aurum Officials (25% of base XP)
- (Optional) Take the Documents (15% of base XP)
- (Optional) Break the Blockade (15% of base XP)
What to Expect
- Traps (random, some don't require rogue skills to be disarmed)
- Randomly placed quest item (optional: documents)
- Randomly placed lever (mandatory: the northern lever from the spider infested wing)
Acid, Fire, Blades
The whirling blade traps in the tunnel dive segment can be turned off with a valve at the end of the dive. Note that there is a strength requirement for this valve, so low-strength characters who swim this may need to pre-buff with a strength buff before entering the water.
Tips and Misc
Many, many deadly traps and only one shrine. This is one of those quests that you will definitely want to see a rogue leading the way.
If you fall into the spinning blade traps in the water and die, your party members can retrieve your soulstone from the bottom of the trap by swimming down in the very northwest corner of the room... just about the only place the trap won't hit.
There is a cobwebbed area, where the player needs to destroy the webs to move ahead. Behind these webs are hard hitting spiders, take the webs down slowly or you will be overrun. There is also a long dive in the quest, an underwater breathing item will be helpful.
Hazadill seems to favor casting Otto's Sphere of Dancing before he begins beating on you. Both he and Radek can self-heal, quickly and frequently. You may find yourself going up against several named monsters at once.
- Bonus XP
- Aggression bonus: 93 monsters killed
- Onslaught bonus: 121 monsters killed
- Conquest bonus: >146
- Tamper bonus: 6 traps disabled
- Neutralization bonus: 8 traps disabled
- Ingenious bonus: 9 traps disabled
- Mischief bonus: 128 breakables smashed
- Vandal bonus: ~170 breakables smashed
- Ransack bonus: 205 breakables smashed
- Chests: After slaying Hazadill two chests will appear in the room. A treasure chest and a second which contains the Book of Charts that is needed to complete the quest.
The rooms on either side of the final fight contain an optional Aurum agent. The room on the left also contains a locked chest that can be picked. At the end of underwater part, very deep in the tunnel, at the base of the column that supports the spinning blade you may find either a gem, potion of water breathing or a Bottle of Air sitting on the ground at the bottom of the vertical shaft driving the spinning blades; look straight down above the center of the blades and use Q to target items there to see if it is the Bottle of Air and worth going down for.
- NPC rewards: Random item, Mystical Vessel (required for the Cannith Crafting recipe "Resistance +5")
- Adamantine Defenders
- Aurum Concordians - Dwarves
- Bugbear Goons
- Cartel Sentries - Dwarves, Humans, and Warforged
- Cartel Smugglers - Elves, Halflings, and Humans
- Darkfang Hunters
- Huge Grey Oozes
- Mithral Defenders
- Ogre Brute